Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Health
Zac said today that everyone should be ready to go against the Packers. Hopefully, that also means Ricardo Allen who is eligible to come off of IR. They will need both Awuzie and Bates against Rodgers. And teams upping their protections against Chase should open up plenty of opportunities for Tee Higgins.

edit: apparently he did mention Allen specifically as one of the players he expects to be back.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 03:18 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said today that everyone should be ready to go against the Packers. Hopefully, that also means Ricardo Allen who is eligible to come off of IR.  They will need both Awuzie and Bates against Rodgers.  And teams upping their protections against Chase should open up plenty of opportunities for Tee Higgins.

Yes, it would be nice to see a fully healthy squad play.  It was a scary game, but in hindsight, it's very nice to give the guys who were held out all of that time to heal up.  
Reply/Quote
Ricardo Allen is a piece most have forgot about but the big nickel package we ran against MIN with him was very effective. Relative to most teams in the league right now we are pretty healthy which is a big part of success throughout the year.
Reply/Quote
I agree that Green Bay will be the first defense to start playing Chase with a safety on top which is going to leave Tee Higgins in single coverage (to say nothing of Boyd). This is the reason we took Chase - it puts defenses on the horns of a dilemma.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is Larry okay because he sure looked hurt.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 04:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Is Larry okay because he sure looked hurt.

I saw him go back into the game in the second half, though I don't know for how many plays or how he performed when he was back in. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 03:18 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said today that everyone should be ready to go against the Packers. Hopefully, that also means Ricardo Allen who is eligible to come off of IR.  They will need both Awuzie and Bates against Rodgers.  And teams upping their protections against Chase should open up plenty of opportunities for Tee Higgins.

edit:  apparently he did mention Allen specifically as one of the players he expects to be back.

Good update. 

So we are thinking he meant Bates, Awuzie, and R. Allen on D and Tee on O. With Ogunjobi and Mixon presumably fine?

Any word on XSF and Kareem? Or were they included in "everybody" as well?
Reply/Quote
Having our DBs healthy would be great. It allows us to use Bell as a LB next to Wilson and have Allen next to Bates deep. Also getting Awuzie back and Waynes with a game under his belt also helps vs Rodgers. Kareem looked good before the injury in pre-season, a pass rush boost would be welcome.

And for guys coming off major injuries to the legs: Burrow and Uzomah seem to be getting friskier. Hopefully Hopkins can be added to that as well.

And we do have extra time to prepare for the Packers.

I know the back half of the schedule is BRUTAL, but the next 4 is: Green Bay, at Detroit, Ravens, at Jets. Road games vs. lesser teams (though the Lions have looked better than the Jets) and home games vs better teams. If we can go 3-1 in the next 4 and get to 6-2, I may start to believe. Need 2-2 minimum.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 05:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Good update. 

So we are thinking he meant Bates, Awuzie, and R. Allen on D and Tee on O. With Ogunjobi and Mixon presumably fine?

Any word on XSF and Kareem? Or were they included in "everybody" as well?

The only one not expected to be ready is Kareem but even he is moving in the right direction

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 05:37 PM)pally Wrote: The only one not expected to be ready is Kareem but even he is moving in the right direction

I hope XSF is ready to remain on the sidelines. They should roll with Carman.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote