Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Needs(as of now)
(10-07-2021, 10:35 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We don't have to touch pass rusher for another 3 years, IMO, as we have:

Hubbard
Hendrickson
Ossai
Sample
Hodge
Ray
Hubert

Ray is probably here for 1 year only, so we would need to replace him with... Ossai lol.

DT is a different story (hopefully Larry gets re-signed), but edge is LOW on the list, probably the only position I wouldn't draft at all.

I understand all of what you said, however in this league now I would still consider it if the value is there. Anymore, you can’t have enough pass rushers including 3techs.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 10:35 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We don't have to touch pass rusher for another 3 years, IMO, as we have:

Hubbard
Hendrickson
Ossai
Sample
Hodge
Ray
Hubert

Ray is probably here for 1 year only, so we would need to replace him with... Ossai lol.

DT is a different story (hopefully Larry gets re-signed), but edge is LOW on the list, probably the only position I wouldn't draft at all.

While I agree say that Edge is not a necessary position to draft. I would also say that you can never have enough pass rushers. To me what this team is missing is a guy like a prime Dunlap who can dominate in both the Pass Rush and run defense aspects of the game. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 06:54 PM)J24 Wrote: While I agree say that Edge is not a necessary position to draft. I would also say that you can never have enough pass rushers. To me what this team is missing is a guy like a prime Dunlap who can dominate in both the Pass Rush and run defense aspects of the game. 

I think Ossai is that guy or Sample (Sample just needs to get a bit better on pass rush).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Based on what has happened so far, it's pretty easy to see what our needs are:

1. CB x 2. Let's not forget how bad Eli Apple was when he was playing. Waynes can't stay healthy. We really need 2 corners.
2. C. I can't tell if Hopkins is this bad because of his ACL recovery, but even if he isn't, we need a stud on the inside.

Those are really the HUGE needs at this point. I feel like we are solid in every other spot on the roster IF we re-sign everyone.

I would like to see a pure speed EDGE in case Ossai can't stay healthy.
Reply/Quote

Hubbard
Hendrickson
Ossai
Sample
Hodge
Ray
Hubert

The bold guys haven't proven anything at this point, and I'm not going to pass over a great edge prospect because of Sample (he can also rush inside), Hodge, Ray or Hubert.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The bold guys haven't proven anything at this point, and I'm not going to pass over a great edge prospect because of Sample (he can also rush inside), Hodge, Ray or Hubert.

I get what you're saying.

I'm saying that our depth is good. A game-breaker would obviously be a good choice, but if it was this past draft and it came down to a Rosseau vs. AVT, I'd go with OL.

I think we'll be too low for Thibodeaux.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Another win.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
A new podium, and a fresh coat of paint… :P

Reply/Quote
Protecting Burrow should be the key going forward and that obviously starts with the O line. I think we need a bruiser and if the draft was tomorrow I would take the best T available. Some secondary help wouldn't be amiss either but O line first for me.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
I think CB is need #1

Center #2.

I am little concerned about depth at LB. And the team could use another DE in case Ossai still has physical issues.

My Hope is that Spain at LG continues to play decently, and that 2023 draft, Bengals get RT of future.

I think Center is vital at this point. But I do not think Bengals will ignore CB with Waynes injuries.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 04:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think CB is need #1

Center #2.

I am little concerned about depth at LB.  And the team could use another DE in case Ossai still has physical issues.  

My Hope is that Spain at LG continues to play decently, and that 2023 draft, Bengals get RT of future.  

I think Center is vital at this point.  But I do not think Bengals will ignore CB with Waynes injuries.

I think the Bengals will continue with the trend of picking up young veteran corners in free agency.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 04:43 PM)Synric Wrote: I think the Bengals will continue with the trend of picking up young veteran corners in free agency.

There is a CB I like at this point Stuart from USC.  He could be had in later rounds.  But with Chido doing so well, maybe they go that route and draft Green, or Lind for iol.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think Ossai is that guy or Sample (Sample just needs to get a bit better on pass rush).

Sample to me is more of a Gilberry/Rucker/ Fannane type player. He'll will be a good player but I don't think he is a star. Ossai reminds me more of Lawson than Dunlap. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote