Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Respects Fans?
The Athletic just completed their annual fan survey. One question asked was to what degree the team respects the fans. What a difference a few years make. This is why Elizabeth Blackburn has earned her salary

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It’s not just winning like his hashtag says. They are spending on FA’s, improving the fan experience, gameday experience, bringing in lots of new ideas. They’ve definitely done a lot more these past few years than just improve the on field product. Happy to see the effort from this organization for the first time in a long time. And yeah, winning definitely helps!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The facts are that in the last few years they have been acting like a 21st century professional organization

Whatever happens this year management should be congratulated and appreciated.

What they have done with free agents in last 2 years is unprecedented in team history.
Reply/Quote
This organization as done a 180 in the past 2 years. I think Elizabeth Blackburn has a lot tondo with it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 11:29 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It’s not just winning like his hashtag says. They are spending on FA’s, improving the fan experience, gameday experience, bringing in lots of new ideas. They’ve definitely done a lot more these past few years than just improve the on field product. Happy to see the effort from this organization for the first time in a long time. And yeah, winning definitely helps!

No doubt LF40. They shown the effort in Free Agency and it paid off big time.

Our fans were calling for this for years. We weren't saying go out there and pay one FA giant money, just get proven vets in 
their prime. The DJ Reader, Trey Hendrickson, Mike Hilton, Von Bell, Awuzie, Cappa, Karras, La'el moves are so much different
than what we were all used to.

Used to be AJ Hawk moves. I liked the guy but he was not in his prime, same with Karlos Dansby and a lot of the Marv days 
of Free Agency. Plus we started drafting good, which also definitely helps. We set ourselves back big time when we drafted 
poorly, you cannot rely solely on the Draft.
Reply/Quote
Yes things have defiantly been trending towards the better over the last few years. Increased fan experience, Ring of Honor to recognize previous Bengals greats, more emphasis on free agency, and a practice facility in the works. With a QB that has the potential to have a Hall of Fame career, a couple of WRs that also show the same potential and one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL, the Bengals organization is doing the right things at the right time to increase the fan base and earn more respect from old fans as well. I have to say these last few years seem like nothing I have experienced as a long time fan. I agree they have earned more of my respect recently.

I hope this trend continues.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Id say this is more of a correlation to winning and going to the SB than the stuff Blackburn is doing.

Don't get me wrong, what she is doing is awesome...but winning really does cure all.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 12:44 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The facts are that in the last few years they have been acting like a 21st century professional organization

Whatever happens this year management should be congratulated and appreciated.

What they have done with free agents in last 2 years is unprecedented in team history.

For sure and that's been a lot of the difference. Along with all the stuff Katie and the staff have done, however.

Winning really does cure everything.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 02:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Id say this is more of a correlation to winning and going to the SB than the stuff Blackburn is doing.

Don't get me wrong, what she is doing is awesome...but winning really does cure all.

Huge part, no doubt....but you can't just gloss over the Ring of Honor. How long have we all been bitching about that on this site alone? It was LONG overdue, and I believe she was the driving force behind that and things like Ruler of the Jungle. I'd also wager it was her idea to have Ickey present the AFC championship trophy to Mike. Those are types of moves we never thought we'd see. She's really doing a great job of marketing the brand. 

Follow that up with actually playing winning football and getting aggressive in free agency, and you have a perfect recipe for reinvigorating the fanbase, as well as bringing along some long awaited bandwagoners

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I was at the Thursday night Ring of Honor game. PBS was packed. It was a great atmosphere.

If they had done the same thing in 2018 most of the fans would have said it was bullshit, and that the Browns were just trying to distract the fans from the fact that they did not care about winning. It would have been labeled a "gimmick to sell tickets". PBS would have been half empty.

And we would have lost to the Jags.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 02:02 PM)J24 Wrote: This organization as done a 180 in the past 2 years. I think Elizabeth Blackburn has a lot tondo with it.

I think getting rid of Andy was the main thing.

Can’t have a backup qb as your QB for a decade
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If they had done the same thing in 2018 most of the fans would have said it was bullshit, and that the Browns were just trying to distract the fans from the fact that they did not care about winning.  It would have been labeled a "gimmick to sell tickets".  PBS would have been half empty.

You are just guessing.  Making things up to support your point of view.  Or do you have facts to support your argument?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 04:21 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: You are just guessing.  Making things up to support your point of view.  Or do you have facts to support your argument?

What facts could I possibly have to support this opinion?

If you were here you would know how toxic is was in 2018.  I was a big supporter of Marvin Lewis, but even I pitched a fit when we brought him back for 1018.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What facts could I possibly have to support this opinion?

If you were here you would know how toxic is was in 2018.  I was a big supporter of Marvin Lewis, but even I pitched a fit when we brought him back for 1018.

Then perhaps you should have said it was your opinion.  But you stated it as it was a fact.   So basically you are just making things up to be your usual argumentative self..    Wink

Bengals doing good things.  Fred, "Oh yeah if this was 4 years ago it would be bullshit."

Also I have been here since before 2018.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 04:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Then perhaps you should have said it was your opinion.  But you stated it as it was a fact.   So basically you are just making things up to be your usual argumentative self..    Wink

No one else here had any problem telling the difference between "fact" and "opinion" without a label.

And you are the only one attacking anyone over it.

So how am I the one being "argumentative"?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one else here had any problem telling the difference between "fact" and "opinion" without a label.

And you are the only one attacking anyone over it.

So how am I the one being "argumentative"?

I'm not attacking anyone.  Sorry if you can't see the difference between a disagreement and an attack.   You have a long history of taking opposing views.  You have a history of being argumentative.  I feel your earlier post was just that.    Bengals do something good.  Fred, "Oh yeah if that was 4 years ago it would not be good," just for the sake of downplaying it.   What does an imagined scenario contribute? That's how I see it. 

Someone saying they don't agree with what you say isn't an attack.   Someone saying they don't agree with how you presented your post isn't an attack.  

And of course we all know it was your opinion. It was just the way you presented it and why I challenged it as such.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was at the Thursday night Ring of Honor game.  PBS was packed.  It was a great atmosphere.

If they had done the same thing in 2018 most of the fans would have said it was bullshit, and that the Browns were just trying to distract the fans from the fact that they did not care about winning.  It would have been labeled a "gimmick to sell tickets".  PBS would have been half empty.

And we would have lost to the Jags.

Heck, there were people saying that before last season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 04:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not attacking anyone.  Sorry if you can't see the difference between a disagreement and an attack.   You have a long history of taking opposing views.  You have a history of being argumentative.  I feel your earlier post was just that.    Bengals do something good.  Fred, "Oh yeah if that was 4 years ago it would not be good."   That's how I see it. 

Someone saying they don't agree with what you say isn't an attack.   Someone saying they don't agree with how you presented your post isn't an attack.  

Maybe you shouldn't accuse people of being "argumentative" just for stating their opinion.  If you have a different opinion just say that instead of making it personal.

Do you believe that if the Bengals had announced a "Ring of Honor Ceremony" in 2018 the stadium would have been packed?  I don't.  It would not have been embraced and celebrated the way it was this year.  Doesn't matter if the team had the exact same motivation in '18 as they did this year.  The fans simply would not have seen it that way.
Reply/Quote
It is my opinion that you are often argumentative. It is also my opinion that most that spend a lot of time here know that as well. If you want to take that as personal then that's on you.

As for the rest we don't know. I just find it weird that in a thread talking about all the good things the Bengals have done recently you had to bring up, "Well if this was 2018..." I mean what was the point? What does that contribute? That was years ago. Nothing will change that. The Bengals organization has moved on and in my opinion improved. So, "What if it happened in 2018" talk is pointless and in my opinion just trying to stir up shit. We can't go back in time. The team has moved on.

Edit: And for the record I don't think most fans would have thought starting a ring of honor back then was BS. I think they would have been glad the Bengals finally did something to recognize former great players. It is something people have been suggesting for a very long time.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 05:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It is my opinion that you are often argumentative.  It is also my opinion that most that spend a lot of time here know that as well.  If you want to take that as personal then that's on you.

As for the rest we don't know.  I just find it weird that in a thread talking about all the good things the Bengals have done recently you had to bring up, "Well if this was 2018..."   I mean what was the point?  What does that contribute?  That was years ago.  Nothing will change that.   The Bengals organization has moved on and in my opinion improved. So, "What if it happened in 2018" talk is pointless and in my opinion just trying to stir up shit.   We can't go back in time.  The team has moved on.

Yes and we should as well. This is a thread about how the organization has grew into a very respectable one from what it was.
Reply/Quote