Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Tells Dunlap To Stay Home!
I thought he already was the franchise sacks leader?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:45 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Okay thats fair, but let's not pretend its because this team is bad. This team has been bad for going on four years. He didnt once complain until his palying time got reduced. So let's just make sure we clarify why he is being this way, its not because we suck, its because his playing time got cut. 

Yeah, that too. He was fine losing under Marvin, and fine up until a couple weeks ago. Hmmmmm.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not saying Dunlap is playing great.  I am saying it is comical that people are acting like the coaches or other players are doing any better.

Dunlap has a long solid history in the NFL.  he has a good resume and has earned some respect.  Zac Taylor and his staff are a bunch of clowns who have never done anything, and right now they are on a run for one of the worst records in NFL coaching history.

I realize it can take time to turn a team around, but in two years we have shown zero progress.  Even if we were not a playoff contender this year we should have shown some improvement over last season.

TBF, the offense is scoring more and the play calling has improved the last couple games. A lot of the current shitshow has to do with a poor OLine and Dline and injuries to the secondary. 

I hate the injury excuse but there were some pretty good games from the defensive backfield earlier in the year when some guys were healthy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: People are posting as if this is a binary issue: Dunlap is in the wrong or Bengals leadership is in the wrong. I think it more complex and indicative of our typical ride on the Bengals fandom train. It is easy to understand that Dunlap isn't acting professionally, but I also understand that it is probably frustrating to be part of a piss poor organization. Bengals management typically makes the wrong play when compared to how more successful franchises address difficult situations; everything is always a mess with the Brown family & Bengals. Being aware of this makes it easier for me to understand Dunlap's perspective. A reality also remains true that Zac Taylor and staff suck as evident by one of the most historically worst NFL coaching records ever to start a head coaching career. I'm surprised more players aren't taking their beef away from the sports-sacred locker room.

This thread doesn't have to be like sports talk radio: Binary and divisive in opinions to keep listeners; we can all understand Dunlap sucks right now with the lack of professionalism, but also understand because he's a a product of the sucky franchise. Anyhow, that's my diatribe.

It's always interesting to be a Bengals fan!

All of this is true.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:53 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Dunlap is not the only player on the team to request a trade. I'm sure multiple players are  displeased with Taylor's results and direction. They just haven't voiced their opinions publicly. 

(10-28-2020, 11:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right, those guys are handling it like professionals if that's the case. All of it is kinda lame, but posting the depth chart was straight Bush 

And all those other players that are being quiet aren't going to get traded and they'll be stuck and miserable. Dunlap did it his way and he gets out. I can't argue with results.

Here's how I envision Dunlap's quiet trade requests go with the Bengals.

Dunlap: "I'd like a trade so I can play on a team that is closer to winning a championship"

Team: "Sorry, but you're a good player and we want you on this team and need your leadership in the locker room"

Dunlap: "Need my leadership in the locker room you say? Keep watching."

Let's not forget the decade of Dunlap being a model player, leader and active in the community just because of the last couple weeks. Which do you think is the real Dunlap?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: We spent years asking Marvin/Tobin to hold Burfict/Pacman/etc. accountable and when finally do it...it's now spun as being bad? The results of the team are what they are, but not sure how one can use that as any justification for Dunlap's actions or this upcoming move. What Dunlap has done the last few weeks is Antonio Brown levels of self-destructive behavior. 

I wouldn't go quite that far but it's trending...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And all those other players that are being quiet aren't going to get traded and they'll be stuck and miserable. Dunlap did it his way and he gets out. I can't argue with results.

Dunlap: "I'd like a trade so I can play on a team that is closer to winning a championship"

Team: "Sorry, but you're a good player and we want you on this team and need your leadership in the locker room"

Let's not forget the decade of Dunlap being a model player, leader and active in the community just because of the last couple weeks. Which do you think is the real Dunlap?

Dunlap the community leader, or Dunlap the guy who passed out drunk at the wheel?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:05 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: can they also tell atkins to stay home since he's taking paycheck and being unproductive or what. from what i hear they're asking too much for him and carlos.

I like how this is the first change we make instead of firing lou.

Zac seems to be talking Atkins up pretty much, saying he's a consummate pro and that the team is bringing him along slowly from injury. 

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right, those guys are handling it like professionals if that's the case. All of it is kinda lame, but posting the depth chart was straight Bush League.

I fully agree with you. Dunlap's antics are unprofessional and classless. However they are within his best interests if he wants to end his career with a fresh start elsewhere. It's obvious that the Bengals are too incompetent to trade him. If he wants out this is the only thing he can do. 

And I can criticize Dunlap, but I can't pretend that Zac Taylor is going to magically turn this team around once Carlos Dunlap is gone. He deserves a large share of the blame for the drama in his locker room. Why would anyone want to play for a coach who's 1-11-1 in close games, and 3-19-1 overall? 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:50 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I didn't say bad, I said shit show, that goes beyond bad. It's not just about a bad record, it's bad FO management, bad coaching, bad drafting.

But if its such a shit show why did he wait until his playing time was reduced go complain? 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought he already was the franchise sacks leader?

Last I checked, he was still one away from Eddie Edwards, unless I missed him getting it.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And all those other players that are being quiet aren't going to get traded and they'll be stuck and miserable. Dunlap did it his way and he gets out. I can't argue with results.

I'd believe all that if he hadn't inked a big deal to stay, started wanting out about 2018, and had said something before being demoted. I guess we're just gonna see this one differently, and that's certainly ok. It's like I said in another thread....this team has been circling the drain since 2016. He had ample time to stay out of the sewer....lol. 

Reply/Quote

If he wanted to play for a team with a shot at a championship, why did he sign a contract here? He could have taken less money to join a team with better odds if that was how he felt.

I feel like we all knew it would be worse before it got better after losing Marvin. It was not going to instantly be a better team, there would be turnover. Why sign a 3 year contract for a team trying to rebuild??
Reply/Quote
I really don't see this situation benefitting the team in anyway. Dunlap didn't help his value with the situation and his play this year. His cap hit is significant. It wouldn't shock me if we pull a Bell. Release him and within a few days he's on a different team. At this point, if he is off the books and gone, he's worth a seventh.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
If you remember, Dunlap and Atkins made a lot of noise about being happy with their last deals and getting to retire Bengals.
Reply/Quote
What about the front office outdated way of doing business? Is that professional and classy? If your significant other wants to break up, do you say hell no you mean too much to me and everything turns out happily ever after? What he did was unprofessional and not classy, but the way this front office handles some business matters is also the same.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:19 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He's not mad about his record or he would have been mad last year. He's mad because his playing time got cut. Big difference. There are 52 other people who have the same record and are not acting atrocious. This team sucks and I would expect more disgruntled players if we don't win, but thats not what this is. 

I predict Oakland (Paulie G)  makes a deal.....6th or 7th rounder
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:18 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: What about the front office outdated way of doing business? Is that professional and classy? If your significant other wants to break up, do you say hell no you mean too much to me and everything turns out happily ever after? What he did was unprofessional and not classy, but the way this front office handles some business matters is also the same.

Our front office handles business just fine. They've released nothing on the Carlos situation. Carlos has bytched on Social media about how much better he is than his team mates, shared screenshots from practice, and is now crying because the team has separated him from the players that want to play here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:08 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I fully agree with you. Dunlap's antics are unprofessional and classless. However they are within his best interests if he wants to end his career with a fresh start elsewhere. It's obvious that the Bengals are too incompetent to trade him. If he wants out this is the only thing he can do. 

And I can criticize Dunlap, but I can't pretend that Zac Taylor is going to magically turn this team around once Carlos Dunlap is gone. He deserves a large share of the blame for the drama in his locker room. Why would anyone want to play for a coach who's 1-11-1 in close games, and 3-19-1 overall? 

Agree totally. I'll say this, it seems the offense is playing hard, real hard....just some of them up front aren't very good. There several young guys on the defense playing hard. Geno is not altogether healthy, and Los had either been sandbagging, or lost several steps due to age over the summer. Because before he got his snaps reduced, he was doing shit. If he had been balling out and got benched, then I would have a serious problem with the staff. More than I already do. In this instance, they're right to do what they've done, imo.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd believe all that if he hadn't inked a big deal to stay, started wanting out about 2018, and had said something before being demoted. I guess we're just gonna see this one differently, and that's certainly ok. It's like I said in another thread....this team has been circling the drain since 2016. He had ample time to stay out of the sewer....lol. 

But that's the point I'm trying to make. We don't know if he did quietly request a trade before. That's the difference between quietly and what he is doing now. We only know all this stuff is going on because he is putting it out there, not the team. If all this was kept internally, we would have no clue on why he got demoted or why he was sulking on the bench.
Reply/Quote