Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team made offer to Shaq Barrett
(09-24-2019, 02:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dalton's main weakness really hurts him here. He cannot extend plays even a worse passer like Cam or Jameis would be better here. The problem isn't Dalton its not having a good offensiveline. Bills line is bad but their qb can extend plays ours can't. Dalton is a top 5 passing qb. but his pocket awareness and ability to extend plays makes him mediocre . Only way for Dalton to compensate is to become a gunslinger Like Philip Rivers

I don't know about top 5 passing qb, but he is best in a rhythm and the oline doesn't not help establish that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And by default...less moral victories!

I can't wait for the moral victory super bowl or is it called the Moral Victory Bowl? Records during the regular season not withstanding..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And by default...less moral victories!

LOL - I guess moral victories count for something. I'm just not sure what.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't know about top 5 passing qb, but he is best in a rhythm and the oline doesn't not help establish that.

Actually makes sense. I don’t get why he’s so ineffective rolling out. He seemed so natural at it in college. I know the players in the Pro are a lot faster, but even when he has a little time he still makes poor throws and his decision making is questionable. To be fair and I’m not defending Dalton, but what the heck are our receivers doing what he’s rushed out? Cause they seem to never come back to the QB.

Another thing, and it’s being picky but, why do we never take advantage of a defensive flag, snap the ball and take a free shot deep. I seriously can’t remember the last time or ever if we’ve done it.
Reply/Quote
He is 4th string here behind Lawson, Dunlap, and Hubbard. Would have been nice to have but not a necessity.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 07:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Actually makes sense. I don’t get why he’s so ineffective rolling out. He seemed so natural at it in college. I know the players in the Pro are a lot faster, but even when he has a little time he still makes poor throws and his decision making is questionable. To be fair and I’m not defending Dalton, but what the heck are our receivers doing what he’s rushed out? Cause they seem to never come back to the QB.

Another thing, and it’s being picky but, why do we never take advantage of a defensive flag, snap the ball and take a free shot deep. I seriously can’t remember the last time or ever if we’ve done it.

At least they don't take a knee like in the Carson Palmer days...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 07:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Actually makes sense. I don’t get why he’s so ineffective rolling out. He seemed so natural at it in college. I know the players in the Pro are a lot faster, but even when he has a little time he still makes poor throws and his decision making is questionable. To be fair and I’m not defending Dalton, but what the heck are our receivers doing what he’s rushed out? Cause they seem to never come back to the QB.

We take advantage of it all the time, what games have you been watching?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness, Barrett would have been a nice addition. I do wonder who's roster spot he would have taken though.
Reply/Quote

I can't recall at what point in the game, what the defensive foul was or who Dalton chucked the ball to, but I know we took a shot deep against Buffalo when they got called for a penalty, and I'm pretty sure one against Seattle as well. It's been refreshing to watch. I like Zac. I hope they can get him his first W against Pitt. It would be a story-like beginning. I think he's got the smarts to do it, too. I loved Marvin, but I think Tomlin would outsmart/outcoach him in every game, but now I think we have the mental edge.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I can't wait for the moral victory super bowl or is it called the Moral Victory Bowl? Records during the regular season not withstanding..  ThumbsUp

Could we get a moral victory in the Moral Victory Bowl? That would be sweet.

As a side note I was reading on the home page that Wyche went 0-5 his first 5 games as HC. Lots of good rookie head coaches have lost their first few games. With the offensive line struggles Zac is dealing with, it's pretty understandable. I'm hoping next year with our first round pick healthy and another high pick on the offensive line we can actually do something. 
Reply/Quote