Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Team needs more balance
(01-24-2022, 11:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It IS vital for the Bengals to establish the rushing attack versus the Chiefs.  Not only will it result in longer drives keeping Mahommes and company off the field, delaying the prospects of him finding a rhythm, but it will also give our much maligned OL a chance to gain a little confidence, and hopefully find their footing in pass pro.

and let the defense rest a bit,  worked in the second half of the last KC game.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:15 AM)kevin Wrote: Are you people ever happy ?  

It's a fair question.  Bengals are in the Championship Game. Yet you are still batching and moaning.

Are you people ever happy about anything in Life ???   I'm not be sarcastic. I'm being serious.

I'm very happy about Bengals in Championship, and I can't comprehend people that are still unhappy.

Get a grip. It's a message board. This team gave up 9 sacks and was fortunate for two tipped INTs. There are tons of areas for improvement and that's why we're on this message board. To discuss avenues to secure our first championship. Thankfully our coaches don't have the mindset of you and some of the fans on here or we'd lose 75-0 on Sunday because everything is perfect.
Reply/Quote
They did a good job sticking with the run on that 16 yard weakside cutback TD. Those are the kinds of plays that they need here and there, just to keep it in the back of the defense's mind that the threat exists. The run game should be predicated on really punishing the opposing defense if they try to tee off and sell out to rush the pass. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There needs to be some kind of balance.

A Lombardi in each hand should do the trick.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
You go with what’s working. Losing downs for balance is stupid. Now if you can do both successfully then you are a force to be reckoned with, but until then running for the sake of running means nothing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You misspelled "multiple upgrades on the O-line"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If throwing the ball(even to Mixon/Perine/Evans)nets you positive yards on 1st down then you do it.

Mixon getting snaps from shotgun and getting zero to negative yards from the get-go is not going to help.

I agree handing the ball off under center is better way to go but the O-line is not very good so it kills it sometimes.

I haven't been paying attention to KC's defense since the last time we played them but the Chiefs are fast and swarm the edges.

Running to the outside is tough against them.

Generally I am totally against being pass happy and one dimensional but sometimes you gotta use your strengths and exploit their weakness,

If they are going to try to bottle up Chase deep then Boyd, Higgins, Uz, and the RBs should be able to get yardage and burn clock.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 09:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You go with what’s working. Losing downs for balance is stupid. Now if you can do both successfully then you are a force to be reckoned with, but until then running for the sake of running means nothing.

9 sacks, really 11 in a game isn't exactly working ..yes you get the win but you are mortgaging the future.  Mixing it up, short pass, long pass, run, that keeps the defense from pinning their ears back.  I would rather Joe last a decade than get destroyed being one dimensional this post season regardless of the outcome.
Reply/Quote