Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Teams are game planning around Burrows injury
(10-03-2023, 07:51 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If you randomly watch any other NFL game you will be surprised at how much time other QBs get, almost seems unfair lol. You will see back to back plays where the QB sits there for 3+ seconds untouched and not moving when Burrow gets that pocket once per game.

Other QBs move around

That’s why they have more time

Burrow is standing completely still on 98% of his drop backs.

This line has not been bad as a unit and at some point we’ve gotta look at Pollack and Burrow

First the line had no talent

Then Burrow was holding the ball trying to wait for downfield passes

Now Burrow is standing still which makes it hard to keep pressure off him.

You could easily say the line looking as bad as it did is Burrows fault the past 2 seasons. But you also could ask why so many of the plays Zac designs have routes that take forever to develop when he knows our line is average at best.

More slants, more motion into screens, more general
Creativity would destroy these stupid ass defenses.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Seahawks had 11 sacks tonight. If Zac starts an immobile Joe Burrow against them in 2 weeks it’s malpractice.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:18 AM)Housh Wrote: Other QBs move around

That’s why they have more time

Burrow is standing completely still on 98% of his drop backs.

This line has not been bad as a unit and at some point we’ve gotta look at Pollack and Burrow

First the line had no talent

Then Burrow was holding the ball trying to wait for downfield passes

Now Burrow is standing still which makes it hard to keep pressure off him.

You could easily say the line looking as bad as it did is Burrows fault the past 2 seasons. But you also could ask why so many of the plays Zac designs have routes that take forever to develop when he knows our line is average at best.

More slants, more motion into screens, more general
Creativity would destroy these stupid ass defenses.

I think a lot of hate on the OL is misguided. 

The OL is at a HUGE disadvantage. Those DL know EXACTLY where the pocket is going to be and know Burrow can't move. It's a one lane street. They don't have to run contain at all and barely have to worry about the run. 

If it's an empty backfield formation, it's basically shooting fish in a barrel. 

I wonder if the answer is to run zero empty set until Joe can somewhat move and always keep a running back in the backfield. I know it's not ideal, but at least the defense has to somewhat respect a run rather than teeing off on Joe when he's in empty. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:18 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And that's when Zac tells him, we're opening up the playbook, calling ALL the plays. If you don't think you can handle it, the bench is right over there.

Except Burrow will say, "OK bring it" and then he'll get even more injured than he currently is.
Burrow has that stubbornness.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Except Burrow will say, "OK bring it" and then he'll get even more injured than he currently is.
Burrow has that stubbornness.

Honestly, I'd almost rather Burrow get a more serious injury and be forced to miss time than keep on with this injured-but-supposedly-healthy-enough-to-play Burrow that stinks up the joint.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think a lot of hate on the OL is misguided. 

The OL is at a HUGE disadvantage. Those DL know EXACTLY where the pocket is going to be and know Burrow can't move. It's a one lane street. They don't have to run contain at all and barely have to worry about the run. 

If it's an empty backfield formation, it's basically shooting fish in a barrel. 

I wonder if the answer is to run zero empty set until Joe can somewhat move and always keep a running back in the backfield. I know it's not ideal, but at least the defense has to somewhat respect a run rather than teeing off on Joe when he's in empty. 

Hell, at this point I'm for two RB sets, two TE sets, and unbalanced lines, lol. I get it....Zac said he'd never take the ball out of Joe's hands again after the SF loss. I think it's time to turn that into a white lie. Or just bench him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Honestly, I'd almost rather Burrow get a more serious injury and be forced to miss time than keep on with this injured-but-supposedly-healthy-enough-to-play Burrow that stinks up the joint.

You hush your dirty, filthy mouth.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: You hush your dirty, filthy mouth.

I mean, I'd more rather have a 100% healthy Burrow that kicks everyones ass, but that's not an option apparently. Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Our backups are worse than this?

[Image: 53232597799_96592cc590_c.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Our backups are worse than this?

Joe Checkdown
Reply/Quote
Can't believe Browning couldn't have scored a few TD's in 4 games. Won't believe it. We scored 3 pts. in 2 games with this high power offense and all these weapons. He knows the system and the playbook and he might just surprise everyone. Only problem would be Zac is still calling the plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 04:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Our backups are worse than this?

They sure can.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Seahawks had 11 sacks tonight. If Zac starts an immobile Joe Burrow against them in 2 weeks it’s malpractice.

Conspiracy to commit murder.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote