Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams like the Steelers, Dolphins, Redskins, Patriots have cap issues!
Most fans believe it, because well some of those teams are creative with contracts and some sign big-name free agents. Well...this isn't exactly reality.

We are projected to have $47 million in cap space.

The Steelers are projected to have $46 million.

The Dolphins $42.5 million.

The Redskins $67 million.

The Patriots $71.5 million.

These numbers include rollover.
Reply/Quote
DeCastro's cap hit for next year is $11 million. The Steelers invested that much in a Guard.
Reply/Quote
It's because we pay out players well
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 02:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Most fans believe it, because well some of those teams are creative with contracts and some sign big-name free agents. Well...this isn't exactly reality.

We are projected to have $47 million in cap space.

The Steelers are projected to have $46 million.

The Dolphins $42.5 million.

The Redskins $67 million.

The Patriots $71.5 million.

These numbers include rollover.

These teams also have some important players hitting FA.
Steelers - Timmons, Bell, Williams, Harrison, Jones, Villanueva
Patriots - Bennett, Vollmer, Sheard, Hightower, Blount, Ryan
Redskins - Cousins, Garcon, Baker
Dolphins - Alonso, Stills, Branch

All will either lose some important players or pay (much) more to retain them, closing up that cap space.
So it's not like they have a ton of room to really improve their teams beyond what they were this year (except maybe the Pats).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No guarantees Zietler will sign here or elsewhere. For all we know he might demand some utterly absurd figure in which they should let him walk, but we don't know that yet.  If both Z and W walk we're in deep trouble although I don't anticipate that scenario.  It's real easy to sit and say just pay so and so whatever they want,  but sometimes it goes to the absurd where it no longer makes any sense at all to keep upping the ante.. It can become like an ebay auction where you bid on a $10 item and somehow you find yourself bidding $50 for an item you can just as easily pick up at Walmart for $9. Some of this is merely perceived value and not actual value. There are wants and there is reality. They don't always mesh. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 02:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: No guarantees Zietler will sign here or elsewhere. For all we know he might demand some utterly absurd figure in which they should let him walk, but we don't know that yet.  If both Z and W walk we're in deep trouble although I don't anticipate that scenario.  It's real easy to sit and say just pay so and so whatever they want,  but sometimes it goes to the absurd where it no longer makes any sense at all to keep upping the ante.. It can become like an ebay auction where you bid on a $10 item and somehow you find yourself bidding $50 for an item you can just as easily pick up at Walmart for $9. Some of this is merely perceived value and not actual value. There are wants and there is reality. They don't always mesh. 

Zeitler will want what DeCastro got. That was $11 million a year. That's the going rate. Drafted the same year. About the same skill level.

When we say that if a player demands X let them walk...we're really rooting for Mike Browns wallet...not the Bengals.

To build a good team...you have to retain your good players. If a player demands $15 million and other teams will only pay them $8 million, then they'd sign for closer to $8 million here. It's supply and demand.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: These teams also have some important players hitting FA.
Steelers - Timmons, Bell, Williams, Harrison, Jones, Villanueva
Patriots - Bennett, Vollmer, Sheard, Hightower, Blount, Ryan
Redskins - Cousins, Garcon, Baker
Dolphins - Alonso, Stills, Branch

All will either lose some important players or pay (much) more to retain them, closing up that cap space.
So it's not like they have a ton of room to really improve their teams beyond what they were this year (except maybe the Pats).

I like Kiko Alonso, i would add him in an instant to our LB core if he fit. Baker from the Skins i like too.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: DeCastro's cap hit for next year is $11 million. The Steelers invested that much in a Guard.

Model Model
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 02:31 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's because we pay out players well

Either that, or people aren't taking a discount to play in Cincy, no matter how much we like to say players should come here to "get a ring."
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 07:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Either that, or people aren't taking a discount to play in Cincy, no matter how much we like to say players should come here to "get a ring."

People were saying that before PA started Og and the O-line went into complete shambles over a year.

Dansby was saying it, not just the fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: People were saying that before PA started Og and the O-line went into complete shambles over a year.

Dansby was saying it, not just the fans.

Yeah, but it's just difficult to say that with much confidence when you are talking about a team that hasn't come close to a SB in nearly 30 years.  No matter how good teams like the Lions, Jaguars, or Bengals could possibly get on a yearly basis we keep seeing the same flippin' teams playing late in the season.  Thems the breaks!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 07:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, but it's just difficult to say that with much confidence when you are talking about a team that hasn't come close to a SB in nearly 30 years.  No matter how good teams like the Lions, Jaguars, or Bengals could possibly get on a yearly basis we keep seeing the same flippin' teams playing late in the season.  Thems the breaks!

How can i argue with this? I cannot.

Marvin Lewis and Paul Alexander are the common factor here. Hopefully it is only one more year and we get a HC
that can coach the team up into just wanting it more than the other teams once we get into the Playoffs. Once a
Marv coached team gets into the Playoffs they go the opposite of the ones that want it.
Reply/Quote