Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tebow is just awful
Yes, he has two TD passes but if you get a chance watch the 2nd one.

Dear LORD his throws just just horrible!

He'll never survive against a 1st string defense if he's forced to actually play QB vs running around and tossing the ball in the general vicinity of a WR.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 10:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, he has two TD passes but if you get a chance watch the 2nd one.

He'll never survive against a 1st string defense if he's forced to actually play QB vs running around and tossing the ball in the general vicinity of a WR.

Stick a fork in 'em. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 10:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: He'll never survive against a 1st string defense if he's forced to actually play QB vs running around and tossing the ball in the general vicinity of a WR.

Well, unless he playing the 2011 Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, unless he playing the 2011 Steelers.

Oh snap!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yeah he's an awful QB technically but he seems to have an intangible it factor that makes him a winner despite his play.

I think AJ Mccarron has a bit of this quality in him too. They're both good teammates and leaders and both are religious which I think goes along with the I can do all things sort of confidence. Not that I hold religious people in high regard or anything (since I'm not one) but I do see a correlation between outspoken believers and winning football players.

That being said I don't want Tebow in any capacity in Cincy however I'm glad we got AJM. He's like the technically sound version of Tebow.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, unless he playing the 2011 Steelers.

Who didn't know that was coming?  Smirk

He was awful in that game too.   Tongue

(09-04-2015, 04:51 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: Yeah he's an awful QB technically but he seems to have an intangible it factor that makes him a winner despite his play.

I think AJ Mccarron has a bit of this quality in him too. They're both good teammates and leaders and both are religious which I think goes along with the I can do all things sort of confidence. Not that I hold religious people in high regard or anything (since I'm not one) but I do see a correlation between outspoken believers and winning football players.

That being said I don't want Tebow in any capacity in Cincy however I'm glad we got AJM. He's like the technically sound version of Tebow.

Being on winning teams and being a "good guy" makes for a nice Hollywood movie.  He's an awful QB.
Reply/Quote
He does have some it factor. The problem is what the hell happened to Andy's IT in college? He was absolutely an IT guy, but he hasn't really found it when it matters so far in the NFL Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Who didn't know that was coming?  Smirk

Being on winning teams and being a "good guy" makes for a nice Hollywood movie.  He's an awful QB.

Someone had to say it.  It's practically required.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 02:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Someone had to say it.  It's practically required.

I'd like this thread to be edited to reflect that:

Tebow is "god" awful.

Thanks.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:51 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He does have some it factor. The problem is what the hell happened to Andy's IT in college? He was absolutely an IT guy, but he hasn't really found it when it matters so far in the NFL Sad

[Image: Lewis.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:51 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He does have some it factor. The problem is what the hell happened to Andy's IT in college? He was absolutely an IT guy, but he hasn't really found it when it matters so far in the NFL Sad

Tebow's "it factor" consists of him having played on decent teams.  Toss him in with the Raiders, and I doubt he keeps pulling wins out of his butt.

I'm rooting for the guy though, if only because so many root against him for no reason.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Tebow's "it factor" consists of him having played on decent teams. Toss him in with the Raiders, and I doubt he keeps pulling wins out of his butt.

I'm rooting for the guy though, if only because so many root against him for no reason.

In 2010-11, the Broncos had a 4-16 record with Orton starting. They had a 9-6 record with Tebow. Tebow isn't a good passer, but if a team allows him to do what he does best (run the option, pass occasionally), he can be successful.

The problem is, no team is going to feature the option and pass just 15-20 times per game. It's just not feasible over the long haul. It's gimmicky and smart teams (like the Pats) figure out how to stop it.

That said, anyone who believes that Tebow wasn't a big reason for the Broncos turnaround in 2010 is just being stubborn. The Broncos changed the offense and went with Tebow's strengths, and his 660 yards rushing (in 11 starts) while running the option was a huge reason why the Broncos ranked 1st in rushing that year.

As a passer he was obviously limited, but teams still had to deal with the option while also dealing with the occasional threat of passing. Tebow's completion % was famously low, but he averaged an NFL high 13.7 yards per completion, meaning there were some big plays. He had 12 TD's to only 6 INTs, so he limited turnovers.

In short, Tebow as a starter - in the right offense - can be hard to game plan for. Steelers fans should know this. But the kind of offense Tebow can be successful in just isn't sustainable over multiple seasons. That's why he belongs in the league, but he's best suited as a backup and/or gimmick player.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The Eagles traded Barkley so suddenly it looks like Tebow may stick.

The real issue here is Tebow needs a lot of work on throwing mechanics and touch, and really if he hasn't gotten those down by now why would anyone think he ever will?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm rooting for the guy though, if only because so many root against him for no reason.

Me too.
I'm thoroughly confused by why so many people can't stand the kid.  
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:36 AM)Harmening Wrote: Me too.
I'm thoroughly confused by why so many people can't stand the kid.  

Probably the same reason people can't stand deflategate any longer. They're stories that deserved maybe 10% of the exposure they ended up getting, and everyone gets a little sick of them.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 02:18 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In 2010-11, the Broncos had a 4-16 record with Orton starting. They had a 9-6 record with Tebow. Tebow isn't a good passer, but if a team allows him to do what he does best (run the option, pass occasionally), he can be successful.

The problem is, no team is going to feature the option and pass just 15-20 times per game. It's just not feasible over the long haul. It's gimmicky and smart teams (like the Pats) figure out how to stop it.

That said, anyone who believes that Tebow wasn't a big reason for the Broncos turnaround in 2010 is just being stubborn. The Broncos changed the offense and went with Tebow's strengths, and his 660 yards rushing (in 11 starts) while running the option was a huge reason why the Broncos ranked 1st in rushing that year.

As a passer he was obviously limited, but teams still had to deal with the option while also dealing with the occasional threat of passing. Tebow's completion % was famously low, but he averaged an NFL high 13.7 yards per completion, meaning there were some big plays. He had 12 TD's to only 6 INTs, so he limited turnovers.

In short, Tebow as a starter - in the right offense - can be hard to game plan for. Steelers fans should know this. But the kind of offense Tebow can be successful in just isn't sustainable over multiple seasons. That's why he belongs in the league, but he's best suited as a backup and/or gimmick player.

(09-03-2015, 10:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, he has two TD passes but if you get a chance watch the 2nd one.

(09-04-2015, 04:51 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: Yeah he's an awful QB technically but he seems to have an intangible it factor that makes him a winner despite his play.

(09-04-2015, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Who didn't know that was coming?  Smirk

Great athlete, nice guy...horrible QB.

If some team wants to win 8-9 games a year and hope that over 16 games they can survive with a "QB" who is essentially a half nack who throws ti 10-15 times a game...go for it.

He either needs to play the position he's best suited for or people need to stop complaining about fans pointing out his limited QB skills.
Reply/Quote
Apparently Josh Johnson, Josh Freeman, and countless other 3rd string quarterbacks that were longshots to make the final 53 man rosters weren't as deserving as a breaking news headline as Tim Tebow. LOL
Reply/Quote
Maybe NOW he'll do God's will and stop trying to be in the NFL.

How many more times does God have to show him that that is NOT the path He wants him on?!?! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25291618/chip-kelly-tim-tebow-not-good-enough-to-be-our-third-stringer

Quote:Chip Kelly: Tim Tebow not 'good enough' to be our third-stringer
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
September 5, 2015 2:51 pm ET

After Matt Barkley was traded to the Arizona Cardinals on Friday, it looked like Tim Tebow had a good shot of making the Eagles roster as the team's third-string quarterback.

That didn't happen though.

In somewhat of a surprise move, Tebow was cut by the Eagles on Saturday.

It was a surprise move because with Tebow out, Philadelphia only has two active quarterbacks left on its roster. And one of those quarterbacks, Sam Bradford, has suffered so many injuries in his career that he's missed 31 games over the past four seasons.

So why did the Eagles dump Tebow even though they're dealing with Bradford's tenuous injury situation?

According to Chip Kelly, Tebow had to go because he wasn't "good enough" to be Philly's No. 3 quarterback.

"Tim's really progressed but we didn't feel like he was good enough to be the three right now," Kelly said. "He just needs to get out there and get more reps."

Although there's a chance that the Eagles could re-sign Tebow later in the season, Kelly didn't make it sound like that was high on his priority list.

Right now, one of the highest things on Kelly's priority list is adding another quarterback who's not Tebow.

"We're not done," Kelly said of making moves. "Whether we add a quarterback to the practice squad or the active roster, we will have a third quarterback in here."

If Tebow is done in the NFL, at least he went out on top. The former Eagles quarterback threw for 189 yards and two touchdowns during his final preseason appearance on Thursday.
Reply/Quote
The guy probably could have been a special player at another position outside of QB but he was to locked in to being a QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote