Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tech question - AirPods
My wife isn’t getting much volume using AirPods. Hers or mine. My AirPods on my devices are fine. And her headphones are fine. I didn’t see any in the settings that fixed it. Any ideas?
Reply/Quote
I don't mean this to be insulting, have you checked that the volume is turned up?

The reason I ask this is I have found some apps (on iPhone) will lower the volume when you open the app.

I have had the volume all the way up on the phone, then opened Amazon Music and can barely hear it.

Push volume up and suddenly see the volume was down near zero.

Additionally, I believe I recall having seen a setting in the past that caps the volume of earbuds to prevent hearing damage.

That could also be the cause.

EDIT:  The headphone limit is under Settings/Sounds & Haptics
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 01:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't mean this to be insulting, have you checked that the volume is turned up?

The reason I ask this is I have found some apps (on iPhone) will lower the volume when you open the app.

I have had the volume all the way up on the phone, then opened Amazon Music and can barely hear it.

Push volume up and suddenly see the volume was down near zero.

Additionally, I believe I recall having seen a setting in the past that caps the volume of earbuds to prevent hearing damage.

That could also be the cause.

EDIT:  The headphone limit is under Settings/Sounds & Haptics
Both have been checked. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:35 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Both have been checked. 

I'm outta ideas.

I guess you need to get Apple involved if no one else chimes in Sad
Reply/Quote
Is it just airpods? I used to have a pair of earbuds that didn't fit my ears well. They seemed really quiet. But it was mainly that they wouldn't fit right in my ear.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Is it just airpods? I used to have a pair of earbuds that didn't fit my ears well. They seemed really quiet. But it was mainly that they wouldn't fit right in my ear.

The wired earbuds work fine.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 04:58 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: My wife isn’t getting much volume using AirPods. Hers or mine. My AirPods on my devices are fine. And her headphones are fine. I didn’t see any in the settings that fixed it. Any ideas?

Try the air pods on your device to rule out a defect with the air pods themselves. If they work fine on your phone, then its her phone...not the air pods. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Try putting them in rice.
Reply/Quote