Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tecmo Bowl 2022
For any fans of the cult classic NES football game Tecmo Bowl, there is a site called tecmobowl.org which updates the rosters every year.

If you want to play on your PC, it's as simple as visiting the site, downloading the ROM (takes literally 10 seconds), and installing an NES emulator (I recommend Nestopia) on your PC.

If you're lucky enough to have an NES classic, you can easily hack it to add this (and dozens more games) by downloading Hakchi2 to your PC. It's simple to use (even for a tech noob). Here's a video that explains it step by step:

The coolest part is that one of the guys at Tecmobowl.org made a Joe Burrow cover art, which I uploaded into my NES classic, so whenever I click this game, this is what I see:

[Image: BURROW.jpg.8760e4c12d9120e6b1fca07736e3e5c3.jpg]

If you have an NES classic, you can actually just save this image and upload it with Tecmo Bowl 2022 to your NES classic.

Just figured this would be a cool alternative for those who have no interest in Madden these days. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Tecmo Bowl #1 game!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 01:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Tecmo Bowl #1 game!

I knew you would be posting in here lol.. I remember lighting it up with Klingler and Pickens lol..
Reply/Quote
I still have the original Tecmo Bowl and Super Tecmo Bowl. Krumrie and Fulcher were beasts in Super Tecmo Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 01:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I still have the original Tecmo Bowl and Super Tecmo Bowl. Krumrie and Fulcher were beasts in Super Tecmo Bowl.

And on the field...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 01:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And on the field...

Yes, but Krumrie on the field couldn't pull this off every single play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmzLAR5DK2o
Reply/Quote
My brother used to get so mad when I'd use David Fulcher! Best game ever!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 01:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Tecmo Bowl #1 game!

Agreed! I love the simplicity and nostalgia of it.

So cool to play the current schedule with Burrow, Chase, etc. The only roster spot they got wrong is they have Trae Waynes as one of our starting CBs.

They even updated the intro to highlight last year's Tampa/KC superbowl and current NFL stars.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote