Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Cruz Failed to Report a Second Campaign Loan in 2012
(01-20-2016, 04:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was speaking to the fact that Congress holds the purse strings and the blame for the lack of security should not be rested solely on the shoulders of Hillary, not specifically about Cruz. But hey, keep on keeping on.

But Dino was talking about Cruz and that's what bfine responded to.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-20-2016, 05:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But Dino was talking about Cruz and that's what bfine responded to.

..and it is also what he responded to, but he was just saying.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-20-2016, 05:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But Dino was talking about Cruz and that's what bfine responded to.

He quoted my post along with Dinos, and I assumed (correctly based upon his follow up) that he was directing the fact that Cruz was not in the Senate at the time the funding request was denied also at my post, which was a general one about the whole Benghazi blame game and not specifically about Cruz. I was merely clarifying what my post was actually in regards to because I often forget how specific I need to be in order for my posts to be taken in the way they are intended by certain persons.

..and it is also what he responded to, but he was just saying and trying to make others look ignorant.

Lucy wanted to make it about Hillary and Benghazi...for some reason...when the article has nothing to do with her at all.

So since he brought up the lack of defense in Benghazi I asked (a bit sarcastically) if Cruz had voted no on the funds that were asked for for additional security there.

Larry took me seriously.

So I pointed out that since I Cruz didn't do it and therefore Lucy's statement was wrong/false/off-topic that was a relief.

However we have yet to discuss the actual topic which is indeed Cruz.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-20-2016, 05:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lucy wanted to make it about Hillary and Benghazi...for some reason...when the article has nothing to do with her at all.

So since he brought up the lack of defense in Benghazi I asked (a bit sarcastically) if Cruz had voted no on the funds that were asked for for additional security there.

Larry took me seriously.

So I pointed out that since I Cruz didn't do it and therefore Lucy's statement was wrong/false/off-topic that was a relief.

Well you should inform Matt because he took your sarcasm as critical thinking.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-20-2016, 05:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lucy wanted to make it about Hillary and Benghazi...for some reason...when the article has nothing to do with her at all.

Larry took me seriously.

You guys are too funny.

(01-20-2016, 05:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well you should inform Matt because he took your sarcasm as critical thinking.

Or, you know, I posted with a sarcastic tone as well because I knew what he was saying and so used it to snarkily point out the flawed thinking when it comes to resting blame for the lack of security solely on Hillary's shoulders.
(01-20-2016, 05:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well you should inform Matt because he took your sarcasm as critical thinking.

I assumed Matt was just piggy-backing on the point that if Lucy wanted to make a story about Cruz instead a story about Hillary and Benghazi he should at least have his facts relatively straight.

(01-20-2016, 05:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys are too funny.

Well, enough about me.

Any thoughts on topic?
(01-20-2016, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: I assumed Matt was just piggy-backing on the point that if Lucy wanted to make a story about Cruz instead a story about Hillary and Benghazi he should at least have his facts relatively straight.

Well, enough about me.

Any thoughts on topic?

So you mention Hillary in the OP; yet accuse Lucie of trying to make the thread about Hillary? I'm sure some would consider that good use of critical thinking; I consider it double-talk

I provided my thoughts on the topic in post #2. Cruz is becoming a more viable candidate; he is going to be more closely vetted. 

(01-20-2016, 06:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Or, you know, I posted with a sarcastic tone as well because I knew what he was saying and so used it to snarkily point out the flawed thinking when it comes to resting blame for the lack of security solely on Hillary's shoulders.

Except his only point was to implicate Cruz who wasn't there. That's what he was saying. You picked a poor post to quote to point out flawed thinking.  

(01-20-2016, 06:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Except his only point was to implicate Cruz who wasn't there. That's what he was saying. You picked a poor post to quote to point out flawed thinking.  

That is your inference. That was not what I inferred from his post. If you are correct, so be it, but that is not how I read the post.
(01-20-2016, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you mention Hillary in the OP; yet accuse Lucie of trying to make the thread about Hillary? I'm sure some would consider that good use of critical thinking; I consider it double-talk

I provided my thoughts on the topic in post #2. Cruz is becoming a more viable candidate; he is going to be more closely vetted. 

Well thanks?

Yes, I did mention Hillary.  Lucy went completely off topic with Benghazi.

Solid post though.
(01-16-2016, 02:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd take Trump as POTUS for eight years over Cruz as POTUS for one week.

What exactly about Cruz, make you dislike him as an option for POTUS so much?  I'm being serious, as I have truly not yet made up my mind on who I'm voting for.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-20-2016, 08:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well thanks?

Yes, I did mention Hillary.  Lucy went completely off topic with Benghazi.

Solid post though.

Yes, because who in their right mind would associate Hillary with Benghazi? Especially when someone it trying to employ the two wrongs make a right fallacy to excuse her lying ways.

Do you wish to continue to make yourself look silly? You've already taken Matt down with you.

(01-20-2016, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, because who in their right mind would associate Hillary with Benghazi? Especially when someone it trying to employ the two wrongs make a right fallacy to excuse her lying ways.

Do you wish to continue to make yourself look silly? You've already taken Matt down with you.

The topic at hand was Cruz and his lying.

I mentioned how the right seems to think Clinton has a lock on that act.

Lucy brought up Benghazi....because...progressives?  I don't know.  

What Lucy brought up about Clinton and Benghazi was false.  

I pointed that out...and tried to bring it back to Cruz.

You are off on a tangent to try and "win" and argument I guess?

So...solid post...enough about me.

Lets talk about Cruz lying.
(01-20-2016, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, because who in their right mind would associate Hillary with Benghazi? Especially when someone it trying to employ the two wrongs make a right fallacy to excuse her lying ways.

But enough about me...