Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Cruz Showing His True Colors
(06-02-2015, 12:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:

Yeah, I don't listen much to the faux libertarian GOP shill that is Ron Paul.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-02-2015, 07:50 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I don't listen much to the faux libertarian GOP shill that is Ron Paul.

Yep. "Libertarian" in America means precisely the opposite of what it has always meant everywhere else.
(06-02-2015, 01:33 AM)Benton Wrote: Eh?

Do you have anything to support that pre-Bush tinkering FEMA was ineffective or was a waste of funds?

1992 - Hurricane Andrew 

This Category 5 hurricane -- the first in 23 years -- strikes southern Florida south of Miami. Thousands are stranded without food and water. Overwhelmed local emergency managers wait and wait for FEMA. It takes five days for federal troops to arrive.

------------ 

What does Fema do that the red cross can't?   Red Cross is there before fema anyway.   Better off writing a check to the Red Cross than let the gov run FEMA.  
(06-02-2015, 07:50 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I don't listen much to the faux libertarian GOP shill that is Ron Paul.

Sigh...  Points are still valid.  It's not like they are being created out of nothing.  

I don't agree with Ron Paul on quite a few things.  But this is gov waste.... And we never seem to help anyone and when they finally get in there it's treated like a great thing.... When they are finally doing what they were supposed to do.  

I do agree though insurance should cover these things.  And then some places won't be able to be insured.    And that's fine by me.  
(06-04-2015, 05:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1992 - Hurricane Andrew 

This Category 5 hurricane -- the first in 23 years -- strikes southern Florida south of Miami. Thousands are stranded without food and water. Overwhelmed local emergency managers wait and wait for FEMA. It takes five days for federal troops to arrive.

------------ 

What does Fema do that the red cross can't?   Red Cross is there before fema anyway.   Better off writing a check to the Red Cross than let the gov run FEMA.  

Yes...The Red Cross...LOL

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-the-red-cross-raised-half-a-billion-dollars-for-haiti-and-built-6-homes 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-04-2015, 10:04 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Yes...The Red Cross...LOL

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-the-red-cross-raised-half-a-billion-dollars-for-haiti-and-built-6-homes 

Well they are enjoying their new 83,000,000 vacation homes in Haiti.
[Image: bey.gif]