Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Cruz mocks Joe Biden, then apologizes
I guess he's used the joke before.

I think it shows how tone deaf he really is. Is all about politics for him. Period.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/ted-cruz-mocks-joe-biden-then-rapidly-apologizes-118620.html?cmpid=sf

Quote:Sen. Ted Cruz rapidly apologized Wednesday after making a joke at the expense of Vice President Joe Biden, whose son died during the weekend.
Cruz, speaking in Michigan, trotted out an old line of his: “Joe Biden … You know what the nice thing is? You don’t even need a punch line. I promise you it works. At the next party you’re at, just walk up to someone and say, ‘Vice President Joe Biden,’ and just close your mouth. They will crack up laughing,” according to reports on MLive.com.

The insult had been a winner in the past for the Texas Republican — Biden jokes are a staple of his standard stump speeches — but this time the joke drew immediate criticism on social media from people who noted that the vice president is grieving for his son Beau, who died of brain cancer on Saturday at the age of 46.

Cruz subsequently issued an apology on Facebook: “It was a mistake to use an old joke about Joe Biden during his time of grief, and I sincerely apologize. The loss of his son is heartbreaking and tragic, and our prayers are very much with the Vice President and his family.”
He also tweeted an apology, which linked to his Facebook page.

Detroit News reporter Chad Livengood tweeted that he questioned Cruz about the joke immediately after the speech and that “the Texas senator turned and walked away.” Livengood described the reaction to Cruz’s joke as “faint laughter.”

The GOP presidential contender was speaking in Howell, Michigan, to approximately 650 people at a gathering of Livingston County Republicans. The event, billed as a Lincoln Day Dinner, featured a VIP reception at $150 per person and $250 per couple.

Saul Anuzis, Cruz’s campaign chair in the state, had tweeted a message: “600+ strong listening to Ted Cruz in Michigan!” Later, Anuzis was quoted by Livengood as saying that the senator meant no disrespect with his stab at humor. “Timing could have been better,” Anuzis said.
Beau Biden is to lie in state Thursday in Dover in his home state of Delaware. His funeral will be Saturday in Wilmington; President Barack Obama will deliver a eulogy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Dude. Sad
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I always feel bad for the GOP because they attract way too many clowns during primary season. Then the legitimate candidates feel like they need to address the issues or baggage that these clowns bring with them.

Jeb, Rubio, Paul, Walker, and maybe Jindal or Graham.

Just close the door to the rest.

And, yes, I know what I did and RIP, bro.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-04-2015, 08:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: I think it shows how tone deaf he really is.  Is all about politics for him. Period.

He IS the right-wing version of Obama.
I just read about his son's cancer. Same cancer and same age as my brother was. You literally have no chance.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-04-2015, 02:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I always feel bad for the GOP because they attract way too many clowns during primary season. Then the legitimate candidates feel like they need to address the issues or baggage that these clowns bring with them.

Jeb, Rubio, Paul, Walker, and maybe Jindal or Graham.

Just close the door to the rest.

And, yes, I know what I did and RIP, bro.

Honestly I found the joke distasteful even if his son hadn't died.  I prefer politicians that take the high road so to speak.

But even if I like his policies, this would probably cost him my vote.