Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ted Karras
(12-14-2022, 10:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes sir, it's been a 100% turn around for the good on our free agent targets. 

On a side note Bell decleating Ju Ju is on my list of top 10 Bengals plays. I'd hate to say how many times I've watched that ?  Hilarious

I honestly think that was a big turning point for Zac Taylor's tenure.

(12-14-2022, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And Bell, and Hendrickson, and even Apple (value).  

Can't believe I forgot Trey! Also agree that Apple has been a pretty damn good value pick up.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 09:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Remember when so many were just absolutely positive that he was brought here to play LG?

Count me amongst them. He graded out better at G than C in NE, by a significant amount. And we were so interested in Jensen + Tretter was still out there.....
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 04:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude is balling out right now. He’s giving us extremely high level play to go along with his leadership and football IQ. Easily my favorite Bengals OL since Whit. What a fantastic signing.

Great info. I know Jonah suffered through that dislocated kneecap and hurt his grade, but it is stunning to see the C & G's outperform the tackles. Though LC is a monster in the run game. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 10:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Article from who?  Reads like one of those Cincyjungle type of pieces.

Was thinking the same thing.  I never heard our FO our coaches or Karras say anything but "center".  Random uninformed opinion pieces don't count as fact. 
Reply/Quote
I’ll have to say that IMO Cappa has been playing at a high level recently as well.Karras was definitely a great FA pick.The interior of this line looks much better than it was last year.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 12:56 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I’ll have to say that IMO Cappa has been playing at a high level recently as well.Karras was definitely a great FA pick.The interior of this line looks much better than it was last year.

nothing could get worse than Adeniji at RG
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 12:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: nothing could get worse than Adeniji at RG

Yeah but we had the blocking brilliance of Trey Hopkins  Sick Quinton Spain Sick Argh , and Isaiah Prince Sick Cry to cover his mistakes.

Honestly, years from now, future generations will wonder how in the hell we came within a whisker of winning the Super Bowl with that collection.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:23 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Yeah but we had the blocking brilliance of Trey Hopkins  Sick Quinton Spain Sick Argh , and Isaiah Prince Sick Cry to cover his mistakes.

Honestly, years from now, future generations will wonder how in the hell we came within a whisker of winning the Super Bowl with that collection.

Spain was good before the injury. Way better than Volson. It's not even an argument

and Hopkins was ok at pass blocking the more he recovered from his injury
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 11:31 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: the knees thing isnt the reason. He was a locker room "distraction" because he tried to further unionize the players or something

I fully believe he was black balled

He's not blackballed, the man could not even practice once during the last year of his career. He has no knees left. Nobody is going to hire him to play center.
Reply/Quote
The OL next year could be really good. I don’t think today they are anything close to their ceiling. By the playoffs the run blocking will be nasty
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Spain was good before the injury. Way better than Volson. It's not even an argument

and Hopkins was ok at pass blocking the more he recovered from his injury

I used to be good at a lot of things.

The best thing about last year's line is that 4/5 of it is gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 04:42 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I used to be good at a lot of things.

The best thing about last year's line is that 4/5 of it is gone.

Yawn
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 04:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude is balling out right now. He’s giving us extremely high level play to go along with his leadership and football IQ. Easily my favorite Bengals OL since Whit. What a fantastic signing.

Who thumbed down Nicomo's post of the greatness of Ted?WTFSmack
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have needed a great Center for so long and could not be any happier that Karras became a Bengal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 12:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I honestly think that was a big turning point for Zac Taylor's tenure.

Can't believe I forgot Trey! Also agree that Apple has been a pretty damn good value pick up.

For the $1 million they paid Apple last year and the $3.5 they are paying him to be at least a top half of the league CB, he is a steal.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 09:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who thumbed down Nicomo's post of the greatness of Ted?WTFSmack

CarolinaBengalGuy
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 09:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who thumbed down Nicomo's post of the greatness of Ted?WTFSmack

I dunno, likely one of those Jackson Carman fanboys?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I dunno, likely one of those Jackson Carman fanboys?  Ninja

Must have a secret Titans fan here…

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 01:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: CarolinaBengalGuy

Ahhh, saw him not liking the thread. Don't get it, Ted deserves his own thread without the dirty Titans schtick...

(12-15-2022, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I dunno, likely one of those Jackson Carman fanboys?  Ninja

Hey man, that hurts lol

(12-15-2022, 02:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Must have a secret Titans fan here…

Or a Panthers fan... Ninja
Reply/Quote
I was just thinking, and didn’t want to start a whole new thread, but man, thank you sweet baby Jesus we didn’t take Sewell over Chase
Reply/Quote