Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Scherff

I find it very hard to believe we’re in on a tier 1 OG that will be looking for a massive payday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
His age and injury history alone scare me. It's high risk, high reward. I'm sorry, but QB1 needs stability.

With my negative comment out of the way, I wonder how much guaranteed money it would take to lure him here? I mean c'mon. The Jets and Jags? Are you trying to compete for a SB or naw? He's made a lot of guaranteed $ the last couple seasons. Maybe he's ready to take a small cut and play for a winner.

Overall, I would pass.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:37 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: His age and injury history alone scare me. It's high risk, high reward. I'm sorry, but QB1 needs stability.

With my negative comment out of the way, I wonder how much guaranteed money it would take to lure him here? I mean c'mon. The Jets and Jags? Are you trying to compete for a SB or naw? He's made a lot of guaranteed $ the last couple seasons. Maybe he's ready to take a small cut and play for a winner.

Overall, I would pass.

I'm fine with his age if the guy can play, but as you noted he has a history of injury so if he's signing with us I hope it's not an overpay.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm fine with his age if the guy can play, but as you noted he has a history of injury so if he's signing with us I hope it's not an overpay.

For sure, I'm just pretending to be in the Bengals FO. LOL. We don't like older guys 

Reply/Quote
All comes down to how much, how long, and contract outs for me. The Jets and Jags also know how much time he missed for injuries. I don't know that he'll get the $14M+ per he's wanting.
Reply/Quote
When healthy, he has been fantastic.

I have a dream scenario where we sign a high profile guard, trade for Collins, and land a quality IOL in round 1 (Zion Johnson or Kenyon Green most likely).

I could live with Scherff + Zion/Green starting and Carman filling in when injuries strike.

The long term plan would be for Carman to take over for him eventually with the pick on the other side.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: When healthy, he has been fantastic.

I have a dream scenario where we sign a high profile guard, trade for Collins, and land a quality IOL in round 1 (Zion Johnson or Kenyon Green most likely).

I could live with Scherff + Zion/Green starting and Carman filling in when injuries strike.

LT Jonah
LG Zion/Green
C Hopkins
RG Scherff
RT Collins

BOOM. There's no real reason why this cant happen. I'm not even that high on Scherff, it can be Corbett and I would be happy with that. Or Tomlinson at LG and draft Zion/Green to play RG. And Collins' contract alone should be enticing enough for our FO to get that trade done. He'd be an instant starter at RT for the next 3 seasons for only 10m per.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Cappa deal would take them out on this guy, but I'll take both, as long as they don't stop with just those 2
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:55 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: LT Jonah
LG Zion/Green
C Hopkins
RG Scherff
RT Collins

BOOM. There's no real reason why this cant happen. I'm not even that high on Scherff, it can be Corbett and I would be happy with that. Or Tomlinson at LG and draft Zion/Green to play RG. And Collins' contract alone should be enticing enough for our FO to get that trade done. He'd be an instant starter at RT for the next 3 seasons for only 10m per.

we just laned Cappa so not sure if this changes things here, but Cappa and Scherff at G would be SUPERMASSIVE UPGRADES!
Reply/Quote
No thanks. Dude can't stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
He’s heading to the Jags.

Reply/Quote
Update: The deal was 3 years, $49.5M total (16.5 AAV). Glad we got Cappa, he's a bargain in comparison. Much more durable, and a much better value overall. At full health, Scherff is better, but not 6 or 7 million dollars better. Cappa and Karras > Scherff. Well done, front office!
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 02:19 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Update: The deal was 3 years, $49.5M total (16.5 AAV). Glad we got Cappa, he's a bargain in comparison. Much more durable, and a much better value overall. At full health, Scherff is better, but not 6 or 7 million dollars better. Cappa and Karras > Scherff. Well done, front office!

That's way too much for a guy who will play 6-10 games a year.

Plus $30m of it was guaranteed. Jags gonna Jag.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote