Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romo breaks back-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack
Well, that took even less time than we all expected. I kid, but it does rather suck seeing a guy's body completely break down on him, but lordy has he just been deteriorating. No word on how severe it is, but I figure when you break bones in your back every 3 games it might be time to hang it up.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11803228/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-suffered-two-fractured-transverse-process-back
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeaaah, I like Romo, think he's been criminally underrated for awhile, and the fact he was undrafted often seems to be forgotten... but man, it really might be time for him to retire. He is 36, so he's not that far off from retiring due to age anyway, but when your back is constantly at risk, might be time to retire and ensure you're capable of walking for at least the next 30 years of your life.

Side note: Dak Prescott just became a massive fantasy dark horse.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, he's made plenty of money. If he tries to come back from this, he's going to regret it later in life.

You can appreciate the desire to compete and win a championship, and it's easy to talk about leaving money on the table when it's not your money....but a good, not great, player gets $30-$40M for his second contract. Then walk away with your health at 30.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Any chance they look towards McCarron? 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 04:19 PM)Froob Wrote: Any chance they look towards McCarron? 

Highly doubtful. Through three preseason games, here's Dak Prescott's numbers. (Yes I know preseason means very little/nothing, but it shows the Cowboys are not likely to throw high draft picks for McCarron.)

39/50 (78.0% completion), 454 yards (9.1 YPA), 5 TD/0 INT, 137.8 QB Rating ... 7 rushes, 53 yards (7.6 YPC), 2 TD, 0 Fumbles

Reply/Quote
So, now that he has a broken bone in his back, does this officially make him a Brokeback Cowboy?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I had Romo on my fantasy team. Had to dump him for RGIII. I think Romo is done.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 07:30 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I had Romo on my fantasy team. Had to dump him for RGIII. I think Romo is done.

That is why no fantasy league should draft until after Week 3 of the preseason. Starters generally don't play Week 4, so you know your drafted player will be healthy for Week 1, and you generally know how the depth charts will look like too.

Reply/Quote
How much can one man take? Father Time is undefeated.

Interesting how this is all playing out, with the 4th round rookie looking like a ten year vet, like he can ride in and save the day.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: brokeback%2Bquarterback.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Man, I'd hate to be Romo in just a few years much less in 40.. My dad never broke a bone in his body and has to take huge amounts of pain killers for problems in his back, but he's 87.. I can't imagine what Romo will be like if he even lasts that long..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 07:30 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I had Romo on my fantasy team. Had to dump him for RGIII. I think Romo is done.

(08-27-2016, 07:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That is why no fantasy league should draft until after Week 3 of the preseason. Starters generally don't play Week 4, so you know your drafted player will be healthy for Week 1, and you generally know how the depth charts will look like too.

Elliots fantasy value just went through the roof.

h
He could carry the ball 400 times this year.
Reply/Quote