Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bridgewater
(07-31-2018, 10:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well some other team can pay that I ment value to the bengals...  Not worth giving up a pick he will be cut if not traded for and can be grabbed then.

He hasn't done anything in the last couple years and no evidence he can go now or the jets would have him competing with McCown not trading him away.

He passed a physical and the condition test he can "go now" lol. He is being told he can compete but the reality is he was signed as option B if they didn't get Darnold in the draft. Now that they got Darnold odds are he gets traded because he is a young guy on a one year deal who isn't going to resign to be a long term back up. 
Reply/Quote
Bridgewater for LaFell
Reply/Quote
Upon further thought, I think Bridgewater gets traded to Tampa. With Jameis out 4 games and rumors circulating they may want to be done with him it would make sense to give him a bit of a trial.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: Upon further thought, I think Bridgewater gets traded to Tampa. With Jameis out 4 games and rumors circulating they may want to be done with him it would make sense to give him a bit of a trial.

I could see that.  Then again they have Fitzmagic who always ends up starting wherever he goes.  Teddy would probably like to avoid that curse. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I could see that.  Then again they have Fitzmagic who always ends up starting wherever he goes.  Teddy would probably like to avoid that curse. 

Yea, this is a case though where they have to find a long term answer because Winston has proven to be unreliable with his behavior. Bridgewater is a perfect opportunity to get a young guy who is a solid leader and has no character issues. 
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole after that injury.

Had potential to be a great QB but the fact that every team that has had him in house wants to trade him away is not a good sign.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:15 AM)Beaker Wrote: Bridgewater for LaFell

^ This x2!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well some other team can pay that I ment value to the bengals...  Not worth giving up a pick he will be cut if not traded for and can be grabbed then.

He hasn't done anything in the last couple years and no evidence he can go now or the jets would have him competing with McCown not trading him away.

Great point as I think McCown is 37 or 38 years old and 1 bad hit away from being thrown out to pasture
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:47 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole after that injury.

Had potential to be a great QB but the fact that every team that has had him in house wants to trade him away is not a good sign.

Only team that has wanted to trade him is Jets. As I already explained, it is because he was the back up option to drafting their guy. All reports form Jets camp is he is playing great and looks fine physically. 

From team periods in camp so far...

Bridgewater: 103 reps, 32-of-50 passing (64 percent), two touchdowns, zero interceptions
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: Upon further thought, I think Bridgewater gets traded to Tampa. With Jameis out 4 games and rumors circulating they may want to be done with him it would make sense to give him a bit of a trial.

wow they may want to be done with Jameis?   That escalated quickly
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: wow they may want to be done with Jameis?   That escalated quickly

Wouldn't hurt to have another possible starter on the roster.  I don't see how their 2018 season won't be over and 0-4 before his ho-hum arse even hits the field.  This season looks like a total waste for them. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: wow they may want to be done with Jameis?   That escalated quickly

Apparently the team doesn't trust him and want to give him the big extension he will want. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 11:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: Apparently the team doesn't trust him and want to give him the big extension he will want. 

Having a history of sexual deviancy limits your employment opportunities.  Well, usually. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 11:00 AM)Au165 Wrote: Only team that has wanted to trade him is Jets. As I already explained, it is because he was the back up option to drafting their guy. All reports form Jets camp is he is playing great and looks fine physically. 

From team periods in camp so far...

Bridgewater: 103 reps, 32-of-50 passing (64 percent), two touchdowns, zero interceptions

Reports from the camp that wants to trade him. Of course he looks great. Damaged goods man, damaged goods.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Evidently, they are looking to trade Bridgewater. It was being discussed on Sirius this morning, and one of the spots they talked about that would make sense was Cincinnati. We really have Driskell and that's it. Barkley sucks, and Woodside is evidently having issues. Wonder what they would give up to bring in Teddy to be Andy's backup?

I have a question, why is that any player that wants released or is going to be possibly traded, Cincinnati is the best spot for them to end up? I'm not a Barkley fan, but I haven't really seen anything from Bridgewater that makes me think we need to go out and get him. I like Driskel and think given an opportunity, could be a someone I could put into a game and totally not screw the pooch.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like him, but:

1. What is price (draft picks?)
2. Salary - We can't pay a back up a starter salary?
3. Injury - Is he back 100%?

Great answers to those questions and yes I am interested, but he wants more than 4 million a year, I would pass, we have a starting QB now under contract for few more years.

Those ARE also my issues.   I'd want ALL those questions to have a positive answer.   If it's all good......fine.  As is....we ain't sure what Barkley or Driscoll gives us if they ever need to play.   That's sort of the deal with a backup Q.   A guy who WAS promising can rust and be generic.
Reply/Quote
He has a $6M 1 year deal. If we take that on what does it do to resigning Geno and Carlos?

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 12:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He has a $6M 1 year deal. If we take that on what does it do to resigning Geno and Carlos?

Good point! 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 12:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have a question, why is that any player that wants released or is going to be possibly traded, Cincinnati is the best spot for them to end up? I'm not a Barkley fan, but I haven't really seen anything from Bridgewater that makes me think we need to go out and get him. I like Driskel and think given an opportunity, could be a someone I could put into a game and totally not screw the pooch.

They said Cincinnati because we have no solid backup. If McCarron was still here, they would not have said Cincy, but we have Driskell and then no one....
Reply/Quote
Realistically, I think MB is still recovering from all the 'un-Bengal like' moves that were made in the off season.  Sad  Not sure he is ready or could survive a Bridgewater deal!  Say What
Reply/Quote