Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Teddy Karras- New Hype Man?
(09-30-2022, 07:35 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Honestly, and I promise I mean no disrespect, but I haven't even noticed Karras fired up at all until I've seen these videos. The guy that's been doing it for me and showing me his fire is Hayden Hurst. I have loved his passion thus far.

I also like the energy Hurst brings to his game. I like the energy of the players and it's infectious as Wilcox was bringing some of that same energy on his big play.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:56 PM)pally Wrote:

(09-30-2022, 01:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
We’ve been missing this on the OL since Whit left.

Wow, love this stuff. Man, Ted clearly loves it here. Fired me up! Rock On
Reply/Quote
The full video of the mic up

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Seems to me we are trying to replace CJ as the voice hype guy last year. You cannot force this and a lot of Superbowl teams do not have this type of guy on the team.

If someone emerges as this guy cool and Karras is fun to watch in interviews.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 12:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He's stepped into the CJ role very nicely. And he's also an above average player (at least by the eye test), which is fantastic.

(10-04-2022, 07:49 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Seems to me we are trying to replace CJ as the voice hype guy last year. You cannot force this and a lot of Superbowl teams do not have this type of guy on the team.

Karras does it without any eye rolls or media around. He is very much respected in the locker room.

I agree with Dawg - Karras being an above average vet means a little more.

Bong, not sure how you can say a lot of Super Bowl teams dont have this type of guy on their team? I'd venture that 90% of ALL football teams from HS on up has a hype guy... I've yet to see one that doesn't.

Reply/Quote
On the Amazon broadcast You could hear Joe pre snap as he was surveying the Defense while under center saying “What we got Ted?” I think Burrow and Karras are building a lot of trust and chemistry which is absolutely awesome. Karras really plays with fire and seems to love it here. Glad to have him.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Yeah love what i see from Karras - locker room chemistry was a big part of last year's run and looks like its starting to happen again.

Will also say that of the 3 OL additions I thought Karras from a playing perspective was behind Cappa, Collins but that has not been the case. Would argue he's been our best OL thus far
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 10:06 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: On the Amazon broadcast You could hear Joe pre snap as he was surveying the Defense while under center saying “What we got Ted?” I think Burrow and Karras are building a lot of trust and chemistry which is absolutely awesome. Karras really plays with fire and seems to love it here. Glad to have him.

I heard that too. I don’t remember hearing him say something like that to Hopkins. Not diminishing Trey, but there seems to be more of a connection with Teddy.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 07:49 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Seems to me we are trying to replace CJ as the voice hype guy last year. You cannot force this and a lot of Superbowl teams do not have this type of guy on the team.

No one is forcing it. We are just noticing it as fans. Someone has emerged and it’s Teddy. Plus it helps that he is better at his position than CJ was at his. So it’s a win win. Teddy was voted captain for a reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 10:06 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: On the Amazon broadcast You could hear Joe pre snap as he was surveying the Defense while under center  saying “What we got Ted?”  I think Burrow and Karras are building a lot of trust and chemistry which is absolutely awesome. Karras really plays with fire and seems to love it here. Glad to have him.

Cool, will watch for this when I re-watch the game soon. Rock On

(10-05-2022, 07:16 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I heard that too. I don’t remember hearing him say something like that to Hopkins. Not diminishing Trey, but there seems to be more of a connection with Teddy.

Don't remember that either, but Trey was a decent Center, something we don't get around here often.

Still wouldn't mind bringing him back as insurance but Ted is a very good Center from what I am seeing.

Him and Cappa are a major upgrade from what we saw last regular season and even in the Playoffs when Hop actually
played better than anybody on our OL.

(10-05-2022, 07:18 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No one is forcing it. We are just noticing it as fans. Someone has emerged and it’s Teddy. Plus it helps that he is better at his position than CJ was at his. So it’s a win win. Teddy was voted captain for a reason.

Truth, it is only noticing the obvious. Ted has emerged as a hype man and a leader all the while being a Captain.

This is what winning SB teams have where he came from when he was with Brady in New England.
Reply/Quote
Listened to the vast majority of the game on Sirius today and stayed tuned in for the Post Game. Laps goes into the locker room and tries to talk to players (Boyd blew him off). He did talk with Karras. Dude is a leader. Very critical of his own game (basically said he was garbage), yet hyped up each of his Oline mates by name and gave a lot of credit to the D.

I liked T-Hop and would still release Jackson to pick him up, but Karras is on another level.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote