Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins
(08-07-2020, 08:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's a bold statement....

Both are 6'4" and AJ has had quite a few drops in his career. I remember 3 in one game where 2 of them ended in INTS.

Tee rarely drops the ball, has great hands. Don't find it to be a bold statement at all.

Now AJ is stronger and is probably faster on the field and goes up for the ball better. More physical off the line as well.

AJ is also a much more polished route runner and much more of a deep threat.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 11:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I have loved the Higgins pick since it was announced. He may not outrun many DBs, but the guy is sneaky quick and will sure as hell fight for the ball.

I feel like that is what is wrong with John Ross. He gives up on routes and passes.

He’s too timid and too soft!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both are 6'4" and AJ has had quite a few drops in his career. I remember 3 in one game where 2 of them ended in INTS.

Tee rarely drops the ball, has great hands. Don't find it to be a bold statement at all.

Now AJ is stronger and is probably faster on the field and goes up for the ball better. More physical off the line as well.

AJ is also a much more polished route runner and much more of a deep threat.

I was commenting on the "better hands" prospect of the statement. Yes, AJ has had games where he seemingly has the dropsies, but when you look at his work as a whole, I think it's premature to say a college player not having made a catch in the NFL has better hands than one of the best receivers in the game. That's why I said it's bold, maybe Higgins will turn out better than AJ, maybe he won't. Let's hope so...
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 04:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I was commenting on the "better hands" prospect of the statement. Yes, AJ has had games where he seemingly has the dropsies, but when you look at his work as a whole, I think it's premature to say a college player not having made a catch in the NFL has better hands than one of the best receivers in the game. That's why I said it's bold, maybe Higgins will turn out better than AJ, maybe he won't. Let's hope so...

Not saying Higgins will be better than AJ, that IS bold.

I just think Higgins will have less drops as a whole. We will see.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 07:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Higgy baby could help out all of our Receivers, even AJ. He is the same size as AJ and has even better hands.

Might of not been as physical off the Line as AJ is but that could very well change with the looks of it.

Ross has worked with Burrow more than any of our WR's this season I heard. Hope he finally helps me out while I have been 
holding the torch for the guy since before we even drafted him. Burrow and Higgy should really help out Ross if he can stay 
healthy. Burrow is the alpha on this team now and our new leader, he is not soft spoken nor is he a pushover. 

So much talent for Burrow to work with it is insane. Shocked
I agree. Joe B. is the alpha. Last Bengal to have his moxie and huddle command was Boomer. I think Joe B. will turn out to be the best Bengal QB of all time (sorry Kenny A)...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not saying Higgins will be better than AJ, that IS bold.

I just think Higgins will have less drops as a whole. We will see.

Well here's hoping.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Why folks acting like AJ Green ain't yoked:

[Image: cjiovqv1qyztuub660fd.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The great thing about having Tee on the roster is now you can move AJ around like a chess piece in the formation. Definetely give the defense a new wrinkle to look at
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 11:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why folks acting like AJ Green ain't yoked:

I know... He's cut as hell, and he's already shown he'll swing on you.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 11:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why folks acting like AJ Green ain't yoked:

He looks like he has beefed up a little. He so long, he looks spindly but the guns are bigger!
Reply/Quote
Yeah, AJ doesn't look as thin as he used to that is for sure. Definitely looks buffer.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 01:47 PM)jason Wrote: I know... He's cut as hell, and he's already shown he'll swing on you.

I don't what it is about that incident, but it really made me like A.J. more.

Sure it costs him an ejection and all but it also showed a lot of frustration with the team at the time and how things were going and he just said "F this, I've had it with this mouthy little CB" and took his ass down. For some reason I was just happy to see the fight in him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 02:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't what it is about that incident, but it really made me like A.J. more.

Sure it costs him an ejection and all but it also showed a lot of frustration with the team at the time and how things were going and he just said "F this, I've had it with this mouthy little CB" and took his ass down. For some reason I was just happy to see the fight in him.

Same, I was just happy he didn't F up his hand hitting a helmet but he sure took it to Ramsey lol
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 02:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't what it is about that incident, but it really made me like A.J. more.

Ramsey most not have been real popular in the locker room, because I read that Leonard Fournette thought that it was great too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, AJ doesn't look as thin as he used to that is for sure. Definitely looks buffer.

I think the longer slender players look slimmer when they're in pads. Having said that; Higgans is kinda built like Julio.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

He has a hoody on underneath though lol

I just thought at first glance (maybe some disagree) Tee has a much thicker body type. Which surprised me because of all the comparisons, and since he only has about 7-8 lbs on him.

AJ’s arms do look bigger though.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 12:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Then that means you're going to have an awfuly disappointing season from either Green, Higgins, or Boyd.

There's simply not enough balls to go around.  For Ross to have a legitimate season it's probably going to mean at least 800 yards and 5 TD's.  Those yards and TD's are going to have to come at the expense of others that are currently projected to be bigger contributors.

Think of it this way, if the follow players hit these numbers, what's left?

AJ Green - 1,000 yards
Tyler Boyd - 1,000 yards
Tee Higgins - 600 yards
Mixon/Bernard - 600 yards
Uzomah/Sample - 600 yards
Misc (Tate/Willis/Carter/Erickson) - 250 yards

Total - 4,050 yards

Those are all pretty conservative benchmarks.  The numbers out of the running backs and TE spots are basically pulled from our averages over the last few seasons.  The misc. number is probably low.

It's really easy to say "I think AJ is back, and has a good season", "I think Boyd keeps his numbers up", "I think Tee Higgins has a gonna uctive first year", etc.  But when you start looking at the actual numbers it will take for all of that to happen, there's simply nothing left for Ross to do on a large scale.

So you have to take your pick, is it he has a good season and we all want him back, but one of these other guys really underperforms?  Or is John Ross doesn't do a whole lot, and ends up with under 400 yards?  You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Oh c'mon.. He'll throw for over 10000 yards every year and everyone who catches the ball will get 1000 every year from now on. I know this because us Bengal fans have suffered too much over the years for it to not happen and we're all gonna be celebrating more super bowl wins than all the teams combined in another 32 years and Joe might retire at 56-58 years old IF the rest of the league gets really lucky. They ain't gonna get that lucky. Get ready to start chipping in for the big Mike Brown statue on Fountain Square folks.  

What? You think I'm exaggeratin or something again? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 02:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If Ross is so mentally weak, why wasn’t it an issue when he played in college? Did something change when he got here? Did a certain someone break his confidence? Hmmmm

This is the Pros.. College does not compare.. some guys can handle it others do not very well.. Ross falls into that area... He has discussed his lack of dedication and letting things get to him... 

He just has not been able to put it together and stay healthy... hope it changes but if Higgins performs well as a rookie, AJ and Boyd stay healthy, he really becomes secondary in our WR core anyway
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I remember this play vividly, can you show another example of this since this play?  Of in the last year?  I saw the kid fight for balls.  That was the point he was trying to make.  

College you can get away with taking plays off.. in the Pros it will haunt you when you are a young player.. Ross has yet to show he can be consistent.. it is a trust factor that is important to have.. but maybe the last year of a contract will be the motivation he needs.. though he has to improve in many areas this year to be worth keeping
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2020, 12:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: College you can get away with taking plays off.. in the Pros it will haunt you when you are a young player.. Ross has yet to show he can be consistent.. it is a trust factor that is important to have.. but maybe the last year of a contract will be the motivation he needs.. though he has to improve in many areas this year to be worth keeping

If Ross stays healthy he’ll be productive. He was on pace to put up big numbers last year, and he for damn sure can score TD’s.

Reply/Quote