Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins
Did he even see the field at all? I was surprised Thomas (who actually had a couple nice grabs) played over him and Tate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did he even see the field at all? I was surprised Thomas (who actually had a couple nice grabs) played over him and Tate.

I believe he had 15 like Thomas and Tate. The learning curve for rookie WR's is usually steep so I wouldn't expect a huge amount from him right away. 
Reply/Quote
When you are the 3rd or 4th option on this offense, you are rarely going to get the ball. There isn’t enough time to work through the progression.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:42 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: When you are the 3rd or 4th option on this offense, you are rarely going to get the ball. There isn’t enough time to work through the progression.

I asked if he even saw the field, not why he wasn’t targeted. I don’t recall seeing him or Tate.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I asked if he even saw the field, not why he wasn’t targeted. I don’t recall seeing him or Tate.

Yeah, Tate isn't on the gamesheet, so as pointed out there just doesn't seem to be the time for an ultra-rookie to go through his progressions.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I asked if he even saw the field, not why he wasn’t targeted. I don’t recall seeing him or Tate.

Guy above me said he was on the field. I was going off that.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I asked if he even saw the field, not why he wasn’t targeted. I don’t recall seeing him or Tate.

Tate and Higgins are relegated to backups behind Green and Ross. Erickson is Boyd's backup.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, Tate isn't on the gamesheet, so as pointed out there just doesn't seem to be the time for an ultra-rookie to go through his progressions.
Agreed. But there is absolutely no Fn reason why Tate and Higgins weren't in the game after Gio got to the 3.

Those2 with Green and Uzomah are all 6'4 or better.

I thought its all about favorable matchups....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Higgens, Tate, and Thomas all played 15 snaps on offense. Erickson had 4.

John Ross played more snaps than any other WR with 57. Boyd had 55, and Green had 45.
Reply/Quote
Higgins was in on the TD run by Burrow. I recall the announcers calling his number before the play started. Other than that I didn't notice him at all. As others have said, he's a rook and will need a little time to adjust.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: John Ross played more snaps than any other WR with 57.  Boyd had 55, and Green had 45.

This is strange.

Why the hell is Ross playing more than AJ?

You don't make a guy the 2nd highest paid player in the league to play less than someone like John Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is strange.

You don't make a guy the 2nd highest paid player in the league to play less than someone like John Ross.

Apparently you do. You also make Gio a top what (15?) paid RB and barely use him other than to block. He had one friggin carry.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently you do. You also make Gio a top what (15?) paid RB and barely use him other than to block. He had one friggin carry.

His pass protection was really good though, not defending the signing but pointing out he does have serious value even when not carrying the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: His pass protection was really good though, not defending the signing but pointing out he does have serious value even when not carrying the ball.

Great blocker. I just want to use him more. Especially in the passing game.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: His pass protection was really good though, not defending the signing but pointing out he does have serious value even when not carrying the ball.

Pass pro doesn't translate to 5 mil a year.  The amount they paid Gio is bordering on charity.

I really like Gio, and I think they could do a much better job of using him.  But that extension amount was absurd.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great blocker. I just want to use him more. Especially in the passing game.

He had 4 catches on 5 targets yesterday. He was tied for the 11th most targeted back in the league, and that is coming as a role player. I think he is getting his share it's just he has to be in to block a pretty large amount of the time. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is strange.

Because this is Green's first game back from injury.

The mystery is more why Ross had as many as Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is strange.

Likely it's due to AJ's age, missing a good chunk of TCwith an injury, and the short week.
Reply/Quote
I saw Tate on the field and heard Higgins' name called by the announcers.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: He had 4 catches on 5 targets yesterday. He was tied for the 11th most targeted back in the league, and that is coming as a role player. I think he is getting his share it's just he has to be in to block a pretty large amount of the time. 

Including the critical 1st down grab on the last drive.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote