Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins
(09-15-2020, 01:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't think our coaching staff knows how to bring the best out of our talent. With Gio barely seeing the field, putting Ross into positions he's not comfortable or good at. We should play to our strengths and not ask them to get better at their weaknesses just to fit something ZT wants. We have speed and have no clue how to use it, Mixon can't be the only thing going for us on offense when the line is this janky. I bet other coaches laugh at our ineptitude on offense with the talent given. So far we see nothing from ZT that screams mastermind superbowl champion.

Nobody is AJ Green, they can improve their weaknesses to the point it's not a red-rover type deal and then continually crush people with their strengths. I just see vanilla offense. I think NE did so well over such a long period of time because they could adjust, some games they'd only run other games only pass. It's good to have flexibility but I think for Ross he's just not a long ball guy, AJ can pull those down, don't trust Ross with these plays, get him and Gio the ball in space. I don't understand the lack of usability of Gio. We're not built to score a lot of points just running the ball. That game was a blowout if the defense didn't hold continually, the offense on display would not have done well against most teams.a

I put this also on players who don't speak up though, like Ross is just trying to fit in maybe and not tell people hey I'm not good at that, I should be doing this instead. Gio seems like too nice a guy (person who still drives a minivan) to tell the coach you gave my job to Mixon, cool, but I can do a lot more than just block.

Also never know the  types of people on the team, some are just happy being paid.

I think Burrow will be successful partially because he will make thsoe things happen (tell peopel we need Gio and Ross in space), or he will make it happen (like his audible run) instead of trusting this inept coaching staff. He seems like a Lebron in some of those ways, probably smarter than the coaches and they have to all figure out how "that works".

I think Gio was paid as insurance in case Mixon held out.
But they absolutely overpaid for him IMO.
Speaking of Mixon, they need to use him more in the passing game. Dude can clearly catch as evidence by his 30+ receptions every season since entering the league.

The really good teams (e.g. Patriots) know how to cater their playcalling to the players who are out there and their strengths.
Bengals try to put a rounded square peg into a round hole. They think it fits but it just doesn't quite do it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is strange.

Why the hell is Ross playing more than AJ?

You don't make a guy the 2nd highest paid player in the league to play less than someone like John Ross.
Taylor said a couple days before the game green would be on a snap count due to not much tc.
(09-14-2020, 01:51 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 When it comes to pass catchers, taller is always more favorable. Bigger catching radius, jump balls, bigger body to box out smaller DB's. Rookie or not, favorable matchups in the red zone usually produce TD's...
That is not true. At all. Separation/route running is always more indicative for success. When is the last time you saw a team just run. Out big receivers in red zone? U don’t Bc it dosent happen.
(09-14-2020, 02:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Then why was he on the field less than Ross?
At said couple days before game green would be on snap count
(09-14-2020, 02:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: How many teams do you see go out there and line up with all TE's and big WR's and just play jump ball in the end zone?  Zero, because it's nowhere near as effective a strategy as people seem to think.

This.
Reply/Quote
Higgins is a rookie who missed time in camp due to injury. My guess is he is still learning the playbook and also needs more work with Burrow for timing routes.

I hope he stays healthy, f so, I think we will all like T. Higgins.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 04:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Taylor said a couple days before the game green would be on a snap count due to not much tc.
That is not true. At all. Separation/route running  is always more indicative for success. When is the last time you saw a team just run. Out big receivers in red zone? U don’t Bc it dosent happen.
At said couple days before game green would be on snap count

This.

WhoDey2 OK.

I guess I didn't see Tyler Eifert use his size/wing span on balls thrown high or use his body to box out smaller DBs thus creating separation in the RZ/EZ.

But Hey, you're the expert...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is strange.

You don't make a guy the 2nd highest paid player in the league to play less than someone like John Ross.

They were trying to ease AJ in to the season, and Ross is often going vertical trying to stretch the defense so guys like Green and Boyd can have success underneath.  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is strange.

Because he's on a snap count to reduce his chance of reinjurery.
Reply/Quote
As much as Higgins was hyped, I was expecting something right away.

Instead it looks like it might be a long slow road to disappointment again.

Joking here, somewhat...but we've had a LOT of hyped receivers who have done nothing before eventually disappearing from the roster.

Hopefully we don't have to wait 3 years to see something out of Higgins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As much as Higgins was hyped, I was expecting something right away.

Instead it looks like it might be a long slow road to disappointment again.

Joking here, somewhat...but we've had a LOT of hyped receivers who have done nothing before eventually disappearing from the roster.

Hopefully we don't have to wait 3 years to see something out of Higgins.

I’m just happy to have depth at WR. All too often it has seemed like we are trotting out a PS player to fill a void from a lot of different injuries. Now if someone goes down we have a few different capable guys.

Shout out to Mike Thomas. I like his potential as well!
Reply/Quote
Higgie needs to get involved early. Hes a 1st RD talent. Him watching from the sidelines
Does him no.good. Its not rocket science. Let him run a come back route or or a simple hole route.
Builds his confidence. Moves the chains. Sets up 2nd or 3rd and short. Thats the trick.
You want to put JB in those 5 yards or less situations. That way he can look scan and maybe
Audible
Reply/Quote
Seeing other rookie WR’s like Ruggs and Juedy already involved is frustrating. We can’t go 2 years in a row with 0 impact from our 2nd round picks.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:17 PM)Takedown Wrote: Higgins was in on the TD run by Burrow. I recall the announcers calling his number before the play started. Other than that I didn't notice him at all. As others have said, he's a rook and will need a little time to adjust.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 07:01 AM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: I noticed several times it was only Ross and Thomas out there.  I thought that was strange having the two smallest guys out there and they were all running plays.

This WAS the weird thing in my eyes.

I like Thomas though, looks like a good pick up.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Higgens, Tate, and Thomas all played 15 snaps on offense. Erickson had 4.

John Ross played more snaps than any other WR with 57.  Boyd had 55, and Green had 45.

That makes it looked even worse the day Ross had..
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 02:21 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Higgie needs to get involved early. Hes a 1st RD talent. Him watching from the sidelines
Does him no.good. Its not rocket science. Let him run a come back route or or a simple hole route.
Builds his confidence. Moves the chains. Sets up 2nd or 3rd and short. Thats the trick.
You want to put JB in those 5 yards or less situations. That way he can look scan and maybe
Audible

It does the team no good if he isn't to keen on the offense yet. His time is coming.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 10:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It does the team no good if he isn't to keen on the offense yet. His time is coming.

He was on.the field for 15 snaps..meanwhile Jeudy and Ruggs and Lamb are actually part of their offenses gameplan.
Our genius HC is so smart he cant even find ways to get Higgie
The ball in simple intermediate routes. 
Denver, Dallas, and Las Vegas arent waiting till week 12 to get their young WRs involved 
Reply/Quote