Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins
Man he is big.

Starting to give me Julio Jones / TO type vibes.
Reply/Quote
Curious if Tee can put on even more weight in the off-season he made a huge jump this past off-season. Dude looks like a monster
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Man he is big.

Starting to give me Julio Jones / TO type vibes.

(12-27-2021, 09:24 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Curious if Tee can put on even more weight in the off-season he made a huge jump this past off-season.    Dude looks like a monster

Tee added a lot of muscle and hasn't lost any speed whatsoever, he honestly even looks quicker out there.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:24 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Curious if Tee can put on even more weight in the off-season he made a huge jump this past off-season.    Dude looks like a monster

He's only 22, so I'd imagine he's got some room to grow and bulk up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:50 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: What I like and notice mostly about Teeggins is the man can jump!! Lately I've seen many catches where he is way up above his receivers, not necessary on the run but just positioned and up high!  Hopefully we can capitalize on this more.

Yes, Tee has major hops and being 6'4" at times can be unstoppable.
Reply/Quote
Higgins has caught gear at the perfect time for the Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Tee Higgins currently has 71 receptions for 1029 yards, 14.5 YPR, and 6 TDs.

He has completed this in just 13 games.

I absolutely love how humble, grateful, and tough this guy is.  I will be the first to admit, I wanted a more freakish athlete that tested off the charts (I think Mims was the one I liked the most....whiff).  I was disappointed with Tee's testing, but also was trying to be optimistic that he may be able to be a bigger contributor because instead of going directly to a training academy to help him test higher, he simply took the time off after his bowl game to rest.

Regardless, they have an absolute gem in Higgins.  He is an absolute beast out there at 6'4" tall and hands like a vice grip.  You can see that basketball background with his ability to time and "high point" the ball.

This, a guy that grew up a Bengals fan.  So happy for him and so happy he is in stripes.  

Tip of the hat to Nate....I felt like Tee deserved his own thread.

Thank God for the hamstring injury.  Without it, he runs a lot faster and tests a lot better.  The fact that he pulled up lame at his pro day allowed us to draft him.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Thank God for the hamstring injury.  Without it, he runs a lot faster and tests a lot better.  The fact that he pulled up lame at his pro day allowed us to draft him.

I still think Green Bay was extremely stupid for not taking Tee. Rodgers was pounding the table for another weapon, and Tee was sitting right there for them at the end of the 1st. Rodgers with both Adams and Tee would be ridiculous. Their loss was our gain though.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still think Green Bay was extremely stupid for not taking Tee. Rodgers was pounding the table for another weapon, and Tee was sitting right there for them at the end of the 1st. Rodgers with both Adams and Tee would be ridiculous. Their loss was our gain though.

They took Love instead correct?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They took Love instead correct?

Yep.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep.

Man, that WAS about the dumbest pick I have seen the last decade. I didn't even like Love till about the mid rounds either.

PO'ed their great QB all the while missing out on a Tee Higgins prospect lol

Felt for the Packers fans that day.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, that WAS about the dumbest pick I have seen the last decade. I didn't even like Love till about the mid rounds either.

PO'ed their great QB all the while missing out on a Tee Higgins prospect lol

Felt for the Packers fans that day.
I disagree with this. If you feel like you can draft a franchise QB you do it especially in the end of a first RD. Aaron will be 40 next season and has an extensive injury. It's not like he is going to play forever.

With that being said if Love sucks then it's a terrible pick but that's just how the cookie crumbles.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:31 AM)J24 Wrote: I disagree with this. If you feel like you can draft a franchise QB you do it especially in the end of a first RD. Aaron will be 40 next season and has an extensive injury. It's not like he is going to play forever.

With that being said if Love sucks then it's a terrible pick but that's just how the cookie crumbles.

^^^This.  You can see how well the Steelers are handling not getting a Ben replacement sooner.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:31 AM)J24 Wrote: I disagree with this. If you feel like you can draft a franchise QB you do it especially in the end of a first RD. Aaron will be 40 next season and has an extensive injury. It's not like he is going to play forever.

It was dumb because their Super Bowl window was/is still open. Not going all in to try and win one more with Rodgers makes no sense. And another weapon certainly would have helped a lot more than a developmental QB that wasn’t going to start for several more years.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:32 AM)CardCounterChris Wrote: ^^^This.  You can see how well the Steelers are handling not getting a Ben replacement sooner.

Rodgers is still winning MVP’s and the Packers have been to back-to-back NFC Championship games. The Steelers haven’t been legit contenders for years. Totally different situations.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was dumb because their Super Bowl window was/is still open. Not going all in to try and win one more with Rodgers makes no sense. And another weapon certainly would have helped a lot more than a developmental QB that wasn’t going to start for several more years.

I don't disagree with this idea at all.  They were/are in a window.  I think the only thing that can be said to absolve it was that it was a super deep WR class.  Even some of the 4th to 6th round guys look really good!  In this particular case I don't think that QB at 1 was bad, I think not following up with a future play maker was.
Reply/Quote
Tee is a #1 WR plain and simple. I feel like he proved that last year. I think his slow start this season was a combination of adjusting to his new physique and a typical sophomore wall players hit. Tee is figuring it out and showing how dangerous he can be. Tee is going to be get himself a nice hefty 2nd contract after next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rodgers is still winning MVP’s and the Packers have been to back-to-back NFC Championship games. The Steelers haven’t been legit contenders for years. Totally different situations.

How about the Packers themselves as an example?

They (ironically) wouldn't have Rodgers if they had this attitude.

I kinda get both sides, tbh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was dumb because their Super Bowl window was/is still open. Not going all in to try and win one more with Rodgers makes no sense. And another weapon certainly would have helped a lot more than a developmental QB that wasn’t going to start for several more years.

If they felt like Love was the next Arron Rodgers then why would they pass that up/what GM would pass that up? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How about the Packers themselves as an example?

They (ironically) wouldn't have Rodgers if they had this attitude.

I kinda get both sides, tbh.

Even if Love turns out to be something they’ve already wasted 2 years of his rookie contract. It’s just not smart roster management in today’s NFL. All I know is I would have been fuming over that pick if I was a Packers fan. I would have wanted the one and only focus to be on winning another Lombardi while Rodgers is still there. And it’s pretty likely he’s about to win back-to-back MVP’s. It just seems crazy to me to worry about anything other than going all in when you have that.

Reply/Quote