Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins
Not that it matters but is Tee Higgins considered a number one receiver or a very good number 2?

I know JaMarr Chase is considered a number 1 receiver.
Reply/Quote
Higgins is a #1 in my mind. He would have surpassed 1000 yards last season if it wasn't for Burrows injury.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 07:59 PM)J24 Wrote: Higgins is a #1 in my mind. He would have surpassed 1000 yards last season if it wasn't for Burrows injury.

Probably still could've had it. He got hurt the final game, and his numbers didn't fall off a cliff with the backup QBs like the other guys' did.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
#1, Chase is #1a.
Reply/Quote
Throw to the open guy, and let the other two guys selflessly block for him down field. All this 1,2,3 stuff is irrelevant. I bet they don't talk about it in meetings.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
A #1 and #2 tends to be more semantics but from a technical standpoint I believe Chase has traditionally lined up as the “X” more often when they both are on the field, which is usually where most teams put their best outside receiver. In reality, Higgins could play there and has at times. I personally thing he could be a #1 on 10-15 teams right now I’d guess.
Reply/Quote
Pretty solid to have JaMarr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Classy, unselfish and most importantly young.
With a healthy Joe Burrow it looks like Cincinnti football future will be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 07:46 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Not that it matters but is Tee Higgins considered a number one receiver or a very good number 2?

I know JaMarr Chase is considered a number 1 receiver.

#1 after what he has been doing like the last 4 weeks. Been about the best WR in the NFL besides Cooper Kupp lately.

Love how he has been catching the ball with his hands away from his body. That long catch yesterday was a MAN'S CATCH 
over 2 defenders. His route running has improved so much it is insane. With his size, speed, hands, route running Tee could
be great same as Ja'Marr could.
Reply/Quote
Burrow throws to him even when Tee is double covered and he generally catches the ball.

He is a #1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He's a #1 but make no mistake about it... Chase draws the coverage that springs Boyd and Higgins
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:09 PM)jason Wrote: Throw to the open guy, and let the other two guys selflessly block for him down field. All this 1,2,3 stuff is irrelevant. I bet they don't talk about it in meetings.

This.

2021 targets

Chase.......112
Higgins.....105 (in only 13 games)
Boyd......... 88
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: He's a #1 but make no mistake about it... Chase draws the coverage that springs Boyd and Higgins

Boyd and Higgins were good before Chase arrived.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Boyd and Higgins were good before Chase arrived.

Yeah, he was saying Chase allows Boyd and Higgins to be open more. Chase gets doubled covered, bingo someone else opens up for Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: #1 after what he has been doing like the last 4 weeks. Been about the best WR in the NFL besides Cooper Kupp lately.

Love how he has been catching the ball with his hands away from his body. That long catch yesterday was a MAN'S CATCH 
over 2 defenders. His route running has improved so much it is insane. With his size, speed, hands, route running Tee could
be great same as Ja'Marr could.

Kupp has been absolutely ridiculous this year.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kupp has been absolutely ridiculous this year.

That dude is great. What a great pick for the Rams. Kupp can do it all, play everywhere, has great hands and runs the best
routes in the NFL right now. Great after the catch too like Chase except taller with much better hands. Monster WR.

Think he could also break Michael Thomas's reception record this year too that I thought might never be broken.
Reply/Quote
Coming out of college, Tee Higgins had the profile of a slightly less athletic AJ Green (How less? I go into that in this thread, but it's very slight) all the way from his measurables, testing numbers, play style and production to his personality, work ethic and even the way he holds the ball above his head following a contested catch.

He has the ability to go deep, catch a slant and gain extra YAC, grab a curl route and push the corner over the first down marker and Moss people just like Green.

Higgins is a #1 receiver all the way.

It's a shame we didn't pull a Baltimore and trade like a 6th or 7th round pick to go from 33 to 32 so we could get that 5th year option, because I'm not sure we'll be able to keep both him and Chase (and Boyd) when their respective contracts expire. But, in the mean time, let's just enjoy the fact that we have, basically, 3 #1 receivers on this roster (or 2 #1s and a top tier slot).
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Coming out of college, Tee Higgins had the profile of a slightly less athletic AJ Green (How less? I go into that in this thread, but it's very slight) all the way from his measurables, testing numbers, play style and production to his personality, work ethic and even the way he holds the ball above his head following a contested catch.

He has the ability to go deep, catch a slant and gain extra YAC, grab a curl route and push the corner over the first down marker and Moss people just like Green.

Higgins is a #1 receiver all the way.

It's a shame we didn't pull a Baltimore and trade like a 6th or 7th round pick to go from 33 to 32 so we could get that 5th year option, because I'm not sure we'll be able to keep both him and Chase (and Boyd) when their respective contracts expire. But, in the mean time, let's just enjoy the fact that we have, basically, 3 #1 receivers on this roster (or 2 #1s and a top tier slot).

Hopefully Tee will want to stay in Cincy and continue to play with Burrow.

Reply/Quote
I was Team Sewell because I thought Higgins was a #1 last year
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: He's a #1 but make no mistake about it... Chase draws the coverage that springs Boyd and Higgins

Just stop....from the past week alone:

[Image: ff126bb2-26b1-4a24-b55d-10ed12fe7c0d-122...&auto=webp]

Ja'Marr Chase had 0 to do with that catch
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Tee was really struggling with contested catches earlier in the season, which was frustrating since that’s supposed to be the strength of his game. It’s been a night and day difference the past month or so though.

Reply/Quote