Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tee Higgins
(01-04-2023, 12:59 PM)Big Boss Wrote: On one hand I want to be respectful of people's privacy, but I'm really curious to know how Tee's doing emotionally and mentally with all of this.  The team's silence (while understandable) has been tough these last 2 days.  Just want to make sure guys are OK.  That had to be a hard scene to watch up close like that.

Zac has a press conference at 1 PM this afternoon.  Though he may address how everyone is doing generally, I am positive, he won't address specific players.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:19 AM)pally Wrote: Last night was in no way, shape, or form Tee's fault.  It was a flukey, freaky accident.  But knowing that intellectually and accepting it are 2 different things when it was your elbow and shoulder that hit Damar's heart at precisely the right moment to cause a cardiac arrest.  I can't even imagine what he is going through right now.

Everyone on the team will be traumatized but Tee will carry a different burden because of his involvement.

How does he move forward?  He is already dealing with the sudden loss of his father less than 6 months ago.  What does this mean for his future?

I am so glad his mom was there last night and I know she will be there with him as long as he needs her to be.  I also know the Bengals will do anything and everything to help him work through this trauma.  This is a time when the Bengals being a small family organization is a good thing.  Everyone knows everybody within the team and that closeness will help.

It is going to be a long time before that young man is all right.

Tee sent this last night

Tee better not blame himself. I've seen a handful of these cases. They are FREAK incidents and it's rare that even someone in the medical profession sees one of these. That being said, the medical staff you guys have in Cincy did quite possibly the best job I've ever seen, I'm still in shock. I've never seen someone pull through CC. Unfortunately the 3 cases I've seen were all kids who died. 
Reply/Quote
A recent quote from him this afternoon:

https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-tee-higgins-nfl-sports-28fc8fbdc42bad403b7b1c9afdad6541

Quote:“Obviously it’s been hard, just because you know I had something to do with the play (and) whatnot,” Higgins said in his first public comments since Hamlin collapsed and the game was suspended. But “everyone has been making me feel whole again. I talked to his mom and everything is OK, he’s doing good, so I’m in a good place right now.”

Higgins said Hamlin’s mother told him “she’s thinking of me and praying for me and things like that.

“And suddenly she’s telling me that he’s OK. And just all the positive stuff,” the third-year wideout said. “I mean it feels good just knowing that he’s OK, he’s doing better, and it makes me feel better inside.”

More quotes form Higgins and also Boyd in the full article I linked above.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:52 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: A recent quote from him this afternoon:

https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-tee-higgins-nfl-sports-28fc8fbdc42bad403b7b1c9afdad6541

More quotes form Higgins and also Boyd in the full article I linked above.

I just seen a locker room video of Tee. He’ll be ready to play this weekend.

Reply/Quote
Not sure if it was posted but Josh Allen also speaking out in support of Tee.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/josh-allen-damar-hamlin-tee-higgins-comments-press-conference-bills-video-reaction
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: Not sure if it was posted but Josh Allen also speaking out in support of Tee.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/josh-allen-damar-hamlin-tee-higgins-comments-press-conference-bills-video-reaction

Very cool of Josh to go out of his way to say that.

And man I hope they can find a way to keep Tee. The Bengals have a lot of great players who are great people and he’s at the top.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Very cool of Josh to go out of his way to say that.

And man I hope they can find a way to keep Tee. The Bengals have a lot of great players who are great people and he’s at the top.

They sure do.  Its a far cry from Marvin who fielded some good teams but had a lot of not so great people.  
Reply/Quote