Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins Back As Well
Why are we assuming it was Burrow who threw those passes to Higgins? Certainly could have been but it also could've been Finley.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 04:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nope. 

Two QBs throw inaccurate passes that their WRs have to save them on. One was rightfully criticized, and now one is being treated like a genius for doing so.

That can't simply be moved on from. It needs to be pointed out.

(Also what makes you believe that once a long-time QB leaves a team they are never mentioned again or used as a point of comparison? That's a silly notion. The Colts didn't forget about Peyton Manning, the Cowboys didn't forget about Tony Romo, heck the Bengals didn't forget about Carson Palmer, etc, etc)

It’s not a “silly notion” at all. It’s a plea to not have this descend into an Andy Dalton debate for the 37 millionth time. It’s tired, and has been done to death here. And if people that bring him up critically are going to get jumped on for being “obsessed” with him I’m going to call out the other side as well.

All we need to talk about is JOE BURROW. Dalton didn’t have to be brought up at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Haha who is that watching the one handed grab from the side, Shawn Williams?

If a Dalton hater they would be throwing AD under the bus for the pass causing the receiver to extend.

I hope that was a back up making those throws.

LOL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Case in point. We’re now talking about “Dalton haters” in a Tee Higgins thread...

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 05:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Case in point. We’re now talking about “Dalton haters” in a Tee Higgins thread...

You missed my point. I hope we don't treat Joe Burrow like a POS if he throws a pass that is not right on the money. He will, so sorry if you misunderstood.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 05:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Case in point. We’re now talking about “Dalton haters” in a Tee Higgins thread...

Spot on.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 04:31 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: Why are we assuming it was Burrow who threw those passes to Higgins? Certainly could have been but it also could've been Finley.

It actually was Finley, read on Bengals.com
Reply/Quote

Two QBs throw inaccurate passes that their WRs have to save them on. One was rightfully criticized, and now one is being treated like a genius for doing so.

(Also what makes you believe that once a long-time QB leaves a team they are never mentioned again or used as a point of comparison? That's a silly notion. The Colts didn't forget about Peyton Manning, the Cowboys didn't forget about Tony Romo, heck the Bengals didn't forget about Carson Palmer, etc, etc)

How about the fact Dalton has nothing to do with this thread about Tee Higgins?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 06:11 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: It actually was Finley, read on Bengals.com

This thread was grossly mis-titled.  What it should have been labeled was..

Tee Higgins makes even Ryan Finley look good.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

While I think it's fair that fans kind of color things to better fit their opinion, however, my man AI pretty much sums it up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&t=47s

There's a handful of highlight reel catches in every NFL practice.  It doesn't mean the QB or the WR is good or bad, at least when compared to other NFL players.  I realize we're all football starved and excited to see what we have with Burrow, but overreacting to second-hand practice reports is kind of silly.  If you belong on an NFL roster, you're going to make some plays in TC.  If you didn't, you don't belong.  

We'll see how good these guys are when they're in live games and playing against another team's first string who is game planned up to stop them.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 07:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: While I think it's fair that fans kind of color things to better fit their opinion, however, my man AI pretty much sums it up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&t=47s

There's a handful of highlight reel catches in every NFL practice.  It doesn't mean the QB or the WR is good or bad, at least when compared to other NFL players.  I realize we're all football starved and excited to see what we have with Burrow, but overreacting to second-hand practice reports is kind of silly.  If you belong on an NFL roster, you're going to make some plays in TC.  If you didn't, you don't belong.  

We'll see how good these guys are when they're in live games and playing against another team's first string who is game planned up to stop them.

Isn't it better that he's catching everything than not catching?  That's all anybody is really saying.  And isn't catching job one for a receiver? I don't really see anybody over hyping anyone. Maybe...dare I say it, maybe the guy is a good player.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dalton to Higgins is a possibility if Higgins plays a little defense for us. Hehe
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This thread was grossly mis-titled.  What it should have been labeled was..

Tee Higgins makes even Ryan Finley look good.   Ninja

And THAT takes alot!! 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why throw them that high when there is no defender to contest the catch?

Practice.... if you are not going to purposely throw your passes high on occasion, then there is no reason to draft tall receivers because you are not going to use that advantage.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 06:11 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: It actually was Finley, read on Bengals.com

Are we sure Finley can throw that high?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:49 AM)Earendil Wrote: Are we sure Finley can throw that high?

Maybe Finley did increase his arm strength this Offseason...
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why throw them that high when there is no defender to contest the catch?

Practice.   Wink
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote