Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK
(08-12-2023, 12:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: we gotta keep tee higgins

depends on the contract, of one area in the NFL that has the most depth of solid players it is WRs especially more and more quality coming out of college... im not sure if there is a deeper position in the NFL. So with that said as good as Tee is, the amount of his contract could be more detrimental to other position areas that are harder to fill ie:  Offensive line, we have a few that will be up for a contract within 2/3 years.  If he has another solid year, he could be looking at 25 m a year and not sure he is worth it when we look at the bigger picture of the roster and the depth of WRs now in the NFL or coming out of college. KC is a great example and they let go their #1 in Hill  where as Tee is our #2 and filled other holes and are in a better position to resign some of their young good Oline,  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 01:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Golden Bins has traditionally just been for the most over hyped back half of the roster WR(Auden Tate, for example).

Case in point, Irwin dressed for 12 games last year including the playoffs and was held to under 20 receiving yards in 6 of them, had only 4 games with multiple receptions, and had 50+ receiving yards only once. Despite that, many are calling him the clear WR4 and a roster lock.

Why wouldn't he be? If not him, who?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 09:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No matter how old I get, I'll never get past that feeling when watching a superstar live for the first time in person.  It's one thing to see them work their craft on the television screen but in person it's really eye popping.  I'd watched AJ Green on TV for years, then when I came to watch them play the Ravens one year, he caught a short pass, broke a tackle and took it down the sideline to the house.  I remember thinking, "Damn, I knew he was fast, but he just accelerated for 70 yards straight.".

Same when I started going to LA Lakers games. Sitting close enough to the floor and being able to see them in comparison to us mortals was a shock I never appreciated in front of TV. Size! Agility and watching them in huddle watch beautiful women walking behind the bench!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 09:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why wouldn't he be? If not him, who?

Irwin didn't even make the 53 out of TC last year and there's even more competition for those roster spots this year.  He also doesn't contribute to ST's, playing only 5 snaps there last year, while Iosivas and Jones have been carving out ST's roles in camp.

Do I think he should make it?  Yes.  Should he be a "lock?". No.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 10:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: Irwin didn't even make the 53 out of TC last year and there's even more competition for those roster spots this year.  He also doesn't contribute to ST's, playing only 5 snaps there last year, while Iosivas and Jones have been carving out ST's roles in camp.

I just don't get why he shouldn't be a lock. He's proven himself and he's more productive than anyone on the roster lower than Boyd. How does he not have a lock on #4 right now?

I can see Iosivas getting more snaps as the season goes on, if he continues to produce and maybe he becomes the clear 4th option. He has more upside than TI, but for right now, who else would be the #4?

PS. If AI shows up and gets a decent number of snaps because he's doing well, having TI as the #5 gives you a pretty damn good group of receivers. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 10:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: Irwin didn't even make the 53 out of TC last year and there's even more competition for those roster spots this year.  He also doesn't contribute to ST's, playing only 5 snaps there last year, while Iosivas and Jones have been carving out ST's roles in camp.

Because he earned his way as favorite with his performance last year getting playing time, pretty much a lock for a wr spot.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 10:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just don't get why he shouldn't be a lock. He's proven himself and he's more productive than anyone on the roster lower than Boyd. How does he not have a lock on #4 right now?

I can see Iosivas getting more snaps as the season goes on, if he continues to produce and maybe he becomes the clear 4th option. He has more upside than TI, but for right now, who else would be the #4?

PS. If AI shows up and gets a decent number of snaps because he's doing well, having TI as the #5 gives you a pretty damn good group of receivers. 

Who was he better than?  Trent Taylor and Stanley Morgan?  Are those guys worth a roster spot as WR's?  Does being better than a guy who should be on a PS and a guy who should be out of the league guarantee him a spot?  I mean, Adeniji played over a bunch of other guys.  Should he be a lock?  

I don't have a problem with him earning a roster spot and/or snaps in the offense, but being the best of a pitiful depth situation doesn't guarantee him either, in my eyes.  He needs to earn it.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 12:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Because he earned his way as favorite with his performance last year getting playing time, pretty much a lock for a wr spot.

He didn’t perform that well in the AFC Championship game when Tyler Boyd went down. Trenton Irwin made some good plays last year, but his performance did not warrant a guaranteed roster spot this year.

Trent Taylor shouldn’t be safe either FWIW. His longest return with the Bengals is 27 yards. His career high is just 39 yards In 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:06 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: He didn’t perform that well in the AFC Championship game when Tyler Boyd went down. Trenton Irwin made some good plays last year, but his performance did not warrant a guaranteed roster spot this year.

Trent Taylor shouldn’t be safe either FWIW. His longest return with the Bengals is 27 yards. His career high is just 39 yards In 5 years.

Irwin's making the team. 

you expected Irwin to produce in the afc title game where the o-line was getting spanked nearly every time Burrow dropped back? Against a talented secondary? He's a 4th stringer, he's not a stud. You gotta have context. 

Trent Taylor is a guy who will most likely get cut, not Irwin

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I really think the Bengals end up tagging Tee if they can't reach a deal before the season.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I really think the Bengals end up tagging Tee if they can't reach a deal before the season.

Tagging time is over.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tagging time is over.

Theyd take him for 2024/2025 season if that cant get a deal with him before the season I mean. No point in tagging him for this year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tagging time is over.

Think he meant tag him next offseason when his contract runs out.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Irwin is a lock if the team considers him the immediate backup for Higgins and Chase on the outside.
The WR4 can usually get away with not playing (much) ST.
Otherwise, he needs to be a ST contributor.

If Iosivas continues leading these depth receivers in receptions and yardage in the preseason, you might be able to justify him being the immediate backup to Higgins and Chase, and thus allowing some other guy who is (far) more of a ST contributor to make the team over Irwin.
Morgan is who mainly comes to mind.

Right now, I feel like it's Irwin, Iosivas, and Jones as the depth guys. Morgan if keeping 7.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote