Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Tee Higgins - The Players’ Tribune
Not sure if anyone posted this when we drafted him, but that message from his mom will hit a lot harder once you’ve read Tee’s piece.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
That's a great read.. Tough on kids.. I'm happy for Tee's family and himself.. I put my kids through similar things when they were little, things I've regretted ever since.. 
Good one by Kevin Huber there as well.. https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/kevin-huber-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-football
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 10:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure if anyone posted this when we drafted him, but that message from his mom will hit a lot harder once you’ve read Tee’s piece.

I 100% get and understand that EVERY team has players with backgrounds like this, but we just have SO many that are SO deserving for this championship, not just for them but also for their families, their communities and those close to them in life.

I hope luck and good fortune shines upon our boys on Sunday; I've been wishing, willing and praying for it so much, I really hope our boys execute and ultimately win... for people like Higgins, for people like Huber, for MB.

Slightly off-topic, but Flemloraps did a video yesterday, on Lawrence Phillips' life. While his upbringing was worse than Higgins', it mirrored Tee's quite a bit in terms of a not-present mother and suffering abuse (unlike Higgins, Phillips' was mainly physical) from the people his mother dated. Higgins' life could've turned out the same way, by (as he wrote in his article) taking to the streets and not focusing on school and sports. But Higgins rose from the muddy sitch he was in and has done great things for himself and his family.

Phillips was just doomed from the start and his life was incredibly-tragic (whether it was something horrible he did or something horrible that happened to him), but he didn't have the love and support that Higgins had and Tee has done his mother proud in return.

Great stuff, thanks for posting, Nicomo.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This deserves a bump. Tee has been a huge part of our success. Happy for him & his family.
Reply/Quote