Poll: Which 1st round player would you want as part of a Tee Higgins Trade ?
None – I would plan on signing Tee Higgins Long Term at some point.
Will Anderson Jr (Edge rusher) Alabama
Tyree Wilson (Edge rusher) Texas Tech
Jalen Carter (D-Line) Georgia
Christian Gonzalez (Corner) Oregon
Myles Murphy (Edge rusher) Clemson
Paris Johnson Jr (Tackle) Ohio State
Peter Skoronski (O-Line) Northwestern
Jaxon Smith Njigba (WR) Ohio State
Lukas Van Ness (D-Line) Iowa
Quentin Johnston (WR) TCU
Michael Mayer (Tight End) Notre Dame)
Devon Witherspoon (Corner) Illinois
Bijan Robinson (running back ) Texas
Some other player – I will name the other player that I would take on a Post in this Thread.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins Trade POLL & other realities it could bring
Miami traded 5 Draft Picks to the Chiefs for Tyreek Hill  (a first-rounder, a second-rounder, two fourths and a sixth)

Tee Higgins should bring a 1st round pick (likely more depending on how high the 1st round pick is)

Trading Higgins would usher in other realities in terms of the actual players Drafted with the picks he would bring plus the possible need to bring

in a Free Agent wide receiver in 2023 (maybe Odell Beckham Jr or someone else) to fill the void he would leave if traded.

Assume that the Bengals can get as high as Pick #3 in 2023 for Higgins and get any Non-Quarterback 1st round player that they want in 2023.

Which 1st round rookie player would you want as part of any Trade capital Higgins would bring in 2023 ?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 05:50 PM)depthchart Wrote: Miami traded 5 Draft Picks to the Chiefs for Tyreek Hill (a first-rounder, a second-rounder, two fourths and a sixth)

Tee Higgins should bring a 1st round pick (likely more depending on how high the 1st round pick is)

Trading Higgins would usher in other realities in terms of the actual players Drafted with the picks he would bring plus the possible need to bring in a

Free Agent wide receiver in 2023 (maybe Odell Beckham Jr or someone else) to fill the void he would leave if traded.

Assume that the Bengals can get as high as Pick #3 in 2023 for Higgins and get any Non-Quarterback 1st round player that they want in 2023.

Which 1st round rookie player would you want as part of any Trade capital Higgins would bring in 2023 ?

Hate the thought of him being traded but hypothetically speaking I would take Kincaid in the first. He can help fill the void Keith Tee gone. Now if we were to get a top 10 pick, man that’s tough. I’m stuck on 3 positions. We could take a shut down corner, that would be nice considering the QB’s we face in the AFC. Could take a stud D line player since we can use more pressure from our Dline. Then there’s the RB Robinson if he’s there. But if I had to choose which position I would go with in the top 10, might as well get one of the top OT’s to get this line fixed once and for all.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 06:02 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Hate the thought of him being traded but hypothetically speaking I would take Kincaid in the first. He can help fill the void Keith Tee gone. Now if we were to get a top 10 pick, man that’s tough. I’m stuck on 3 positions. We could take a shut down corner, that would be nice considering the QB’s we face in the AFC. Could take a stud D line player since we can use more pressure from our Dline. Then there’s the RB Robinson if he’s there. But if I had to choose which position I would go with in the top 10, might as well get one of the top OT’s to get this line fixed once and for all.

You do have the Option to Vote - "None – I would plan on signing Tee Higgins Long Term at some point."

I have not Voted yet myself but the thought of a Top Rookie edge rusher appeals to me.

Tyree Wilson (Edge rusher) Texas Tech looks like he will be very good.
Reply/Quote
I was on team "trade Higgins for a 1st and a 3rd (what the Titans got for AJ Brown)" earlier this offseason.

It's too late to do that now, though. A lot of the cheap good options in the FA market have been signed.
Marvin Jones signed for $3m
Nelson Agholor for $3.2m
Scott Miller signed for $1.23m
Cam Sims signed for $1.23m

Signing one of the top two and one of the bottom two to go with a 1st and 3rd round pick, I would have been okay with that because you'd get a near-replacement of Tee's production by also greatly improving the WR4 snaps with just FAs alone leaving you two draft picks to get the team better. But now you'd basically just be using the 1st to hopefully get the WR room back to where it was before the trade, leaving you really just profiting a 3rd. That's not enough for me as you're going to get that anyway from a comp pick if he leaves.

So now I am just thinking you keep him this year now, franchise tag him next year and trade him then.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The poll is silly. We are NOT trading Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 06:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The poll is silly. We are NOT trading Higgins.

I agree that they are not Trading him at this time.

I think the poll does create thought about what trading Higgins could bring to the Team if it were to happen.

Possibly a Top rookie at any position.

It may be best for the 2023 Bengals Team to just keep Higgins.

Soon the Price Tag to keep him may make what the Bengals could get for him look even better than it looks now in 2023.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 06:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: You do have the Option to Vote - "None – I would plan on signing Tee Higgins Long Term at some point."

I have not Voted yet myself but the thought of a Top Rookie edge rusher appeals to me.

Tyree Wilson (Edge rusher) Texas Tech looks like he will be very good.

Think we will extend Tee, but if we did trade him I would love Tyree Wilson. So I voted for him to really take our pass rush to the 
next level. Watched Tyree Wilson in a couple games last year and he was unblockable in both the passing game and the run game.

Imagine Tyree Wilson and Darnell Wright in the 1st round. Shocked
Reply/Quote
A top rookie doesn't guarantee you anything other than a cheap salary. Who knows if they'll pan out.

Keep Tee. Keep building the roster. Watch the cap go up and spend money wisely.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 07:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think we will extend Tee, but if we did trade him I would love Tyree Wilson. So I voted for him to really take our pass rush to the 
next level. Watched Tyree Wilson in a couple games last year and he was unblockable in both the passing game and the run game.

Imagine Tyree Wilson and Darnell Wright in the 1st round. Shocked

They have been comparing Tyree Wilson to Frank Clark of the Chiefs.

There could be a Future All Pro in this Draft or the next one, so I don't think it hurts to keep an open mind about trading Higgins at some point.

With that said, he will be hard to replace but what if he was Traded for a pick that ended up getting an All Pro at a position like the Defensive 

Line or a rookie receiver that could replace Higgins production at a much cheaper price. Then again the picks the Bengals get for him could

bust which would suck.

I like thinking about all options.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 07:22 PM)depthchart Wrote: They have been comparing Tyree Wilson to Frank Clark of the Chiefs.

There could be a Future All Pro in this Draft or the next one, so I don't think it hurts to keep an open mind about trading Higgins at some point.

With that said, he will be hard to replace but what if he was Traded for a pick that ended up getting an All Pro at a position like the Defensive 

Line or a rookie receiver that could replace Higgins production at a much cheaper price. Then again the picks the Bengals get for him could

bust which would suck.

I like thinking about all options.

I don't see the Frank Clark comparison. Tyree Wilson is long, strong, athletic... 

Clark is more of the Freeney/Mathis type of End. Nothing wrong with that, I like those guys too but...

I see Michael Strahan of the Giants in his prime as a Tyree Wilson comparison.

I like thinking about all options too, I just think we will extend Tee. 

If we don't, better damn sure get a nice early pick or 2 out of the deal. Duke will probably say hell no anyways.

But hey, keep your options open. Tee does get banged up a lot and will cost around 20 mil per year and we still have our main 
dudes to pay up in Burrow, Chase and Wilson. Still want DJ Reader back for a couple more years too and if we could add a stud
RT with Tee's money, it should be considered. Even though I don't think we will.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 06:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The poll is silly. We are NOT trading Higgins.

Imma defend the OP and say who cares if it's a reality at this point or not?
It's a hypothetical situation and this is a message board.
Everything's fair game.

As for the question posed by the OP, I could lean a couple different ways.
I wouldn't want the offense to suffer, so my thought was Quentin Johnston, who can fill in as that outside WR2 to go along with Chase and Boyd.

However, I still see some potentially decent guys in FA that could come in as a stop-gap for a year or two and fill that role while the Bengals go another way with the extra draft pick. Kenny Golladay, Robbie Anderson, and Sammie Watkins are a few that stick out to me.
I'd lean toward maybe going Christian Gonzalez, Broderick Jones (would have to shift him to RT though), or one of the early edge rushers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 09:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't see the Frank Clark comparison. Tyree Wilson is long, strong, athletic... 

Clark is more of the Freeney/Mathis type of End. Nothing wrong with that, I like those guys too but...

I see Michael Strahan of the Giants in his prime as a Tyree Wilson comparison.

Tyree Wilson 6 foot 6  273 pounds  4.82 forty
Frank Clark  6 foot 3   273 pounds  4.79 forty
Michael Strahan  6 foot 5  256 pounds  4.93 forty
Dwight Freeney  6 foot 1   269 pounds  4.48 forty
Robert Mathis   6 foot 2   245 pounds  4.67 forty

* I think that your Michael Strahan comparison may be the best one when one looks at height, weight and speed.  If Tyree Wilson plays like Strahan then getting him would be something to consider.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 10:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Imma defend the OP and say who cares if it's a reality at this point or not?
It's a hypothetical situation and this is a message board.
Everything's fair game.

As for the question posed by the OP, I could lean a couple different ways.
I wouldn't want the offense to suffer, so my thought was Quentin Johnston, who can fill in as that outside WR2 to go along with Chase and Boyd.

However, I still see some potentially decent guys in FA that could come in as a stop-gap for a year or two and fill that role while the Bengals go another way with the extra draft pick. Kenny Golladay, Robbie Anderson, and Sammie Watkins are a few that stick out to me.
I'd lean toward maybe going Christian Gonzalez, Broderick Jones (would have to shift him to RT though), or one of the early edge rushers.

A Corner like Christian Gonzalez would be nice to have.

I believe that he measured in at 6 foot one & 1/4 and 197 pounds so he appears tall and strong for a Corner.

He ran a 4.38 forty.  He could end up being one of the better Corners in the NFL at some point and he is only 20 years old.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 10:21 AM)depthchart Wrote: .

Dwight Freeney  6 foot 1   269 pounds  4.48 forty
Robert Mathis   6 foot 2   245 pounds  4.67 forty

* I think that your Michael Strahan comparison may be the best one when one looks at height, weight and speed.  If Tyree Wilson plays like Strahan then getting him would be something to consider.

Nice on getting the size, weights and forty's for all those Ends Depthchart.

Yes, that is what I saw when I watched Tyree Wilson. He is that big, disruptive End we have been looking for if we want a star like 
Myles Garrett, I think this guy could be it.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice on getting the size, weights and forty's for all those Ends Depthchart.

Yes, that is what I saw when I watched Tyree Wilson. He is that big, disruptive End we have been looking for if we want a star like 
Myles Garrett, I think this guy could be it.

It is interesting that Wilson's weight and forty time is very close to Frank Clark's yet he is taller & heavier than Strahan.
Offensive lineman may find him awkward to handle.

Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins is not getting traded...end of story.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 05:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

It is interesting that Wilson's weight and forty time is very close to Frank Clark's yet he is taller & heavier than Strahan.
Offensive lineman may find him awkward to handle.

Yeah, Wilson is a bit of a freak....

Crazy strong too, just throws OL out of the way.
Reply/Quote
The fact that Tee Higgins wasn't traded when he's at peak trade value with a temporary replacement signed near the beginning of free agency shows why this offseason has been a total failure. Given the amount of money it would take to keep Burrow and Chase, the only reason not to trade Higgins this offseason was if they were going to trade Chase instead.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 08:43 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: The fact that Tee Higgins wasn't traded when he's at peak trade value with a temporary replacement signed near the beginning of free agency shows why this offseason has been a total failure. Given the amount of money it would take to keep Burrow and Chase, the only reason not to trade Higgins this offseason was if they were going to trade Chase instead.

BS, Burrow wants them both here, that is why Tee wasn't traded and will be extended. Better keep Burrow happy.

It would be a total failure to trade Tee away and pizz off Joe Burrow. I was open to trading Tee and getting something before, but you just 
talked me out of it LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 07:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: A top rookie doesn't guarantee you anything other than a cheap salary.  Who knows if they'll pan out.

Keep Tee.  Keep building the roster. Watch the cap go up and spend money wisely.

Very true.  Detroit just traded former #3 overall pick Jeffrey Okudah for a 5th round choice.
Reply/Quote