Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins & XSF
Tee has returned to practice so barring any setbacks means he should be available for Sunday

No XSF so looks likely for Carman getting his first start this week

and Waynes is out there again today so hopefully he'll play too even if not starting

edit: and if XSF can't go that also means D'ante Smith should be active for the first time as the guard backup

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good news on Tee.

And a big opportunity for our other Clemson Tiger. Hopefully he takes the RG job and never gives it back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Happy about Tee and excited for Carman to get his first live action. I’m high on what I saw during the PS. I hope it continues into the regular season.
Reply/Quote
Anyone who is not ready Sunday probably won't be ready for the Jags game which is only about 100 hours later
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who is not ready Sunday probably won't be ready for the Jags game which is only about 100 hours later

I don't know about that. XSF who hasn't practiced all week I could see, but if Tee isn't quite ready Sunday I could see him going Thursday since he did get a practice in.
Reply/Quote
Post-practice Zax said all three players are doubtful for Sunday. That might be some gamesmanship going on there. At least I am hoping there is especially with Tee. He said definitely that Carman would get the start if XSF doesn't play. Mike Thomas and Auden Tate would split the reps for Higgins. And status quo for the CBs. Both Waynes and Higgins are Sunday decisions based on how they feel
He followed up that all three are on pace to play the Jacksonville game

Reply/Quote
I was hoping Carman would get a shot against the Jags because their defensive line is meh but looks like hes going in a week early and against a quality defensive line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 01:44 PM)Synric Wrote: I was hoping Carman would get a shot against the Jags because their defensive line is meh but looks like hes going in a week early and against a quality defensive line.

Agreed... But at the same time, he's gonna see Pittsburgh twice a year as long as he's around. Even if he gets his ass handed to him Sunday he'll be able to realize that it doesn't get much more brutal than that. Trial by fire I suppose.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 12:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't know about that. XSF who hasn't practiced all week I could see, but if Tee isn't quite ready Sunday I could see him going Thursday since he did get a practice in.

Or Wayne's possibly as well if they don't play him Sunday. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 03:23 PM)TheFan Wrote: Or Wayne's possibly as well if they don't play him Sunday. 

Zac also said if he plays he will be on a snap count

Reply/Quote
Here’s hoping Carman proves to the fan base that he is the guard we all hoped for
Reply/Quote
I just hope Zac comes out with a better game plan this time around. And NO EMPTY SETS.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 04:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: I just hope Zac comes out with a better game plan this time around. And NO EMPTY SETS.

The empty set should be shelved until further notice..
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 04:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: I just hope Zac comes out with a better game plan this time around. And NO EMPTY SETS.

Absolutely nothing to do with this thread...but you most likely had no where else to post it..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Absolutely nothing to do with this thread...but you most likely had no where else to post it..

Actually I posted this in the wrong thread by mistake...
Reply/Quote
So, the QB really likes empty sets but "everyone" else says no? 

Makes sense. Mellow

Cause, you know, it's not possible for the offense to start blocking better as the season goes on...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Let's not only put Carman in at RG but let's use Smith as the jumbo TE and really get some blocking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 01:44 PM)Synric Wrote: I was hoping Carman would get a shot against the Jags because their defensive line is meh but looks like hes going in a week early and against a quality defensive line.

Not a quality defensive line and the whole defense  could be worse by game time.  Tuitt and Davis are out at IDL.  Highsmith is out at LB.  Watt, Bush and Hayden all have groin injuries and are questionable.  Their defense is beat up.  Our offense is better than last year with Finley.  

On top of that their OL is worse than ours.  There is really no reason to lose this game.
Reply/Quote
The Higgins injury is big if he doesn’t play however it shouldn’t be used as an excuse if we lose. Pittsburgh on paper has a worse line then us and is without one of its best receivers Diontae Johnson. Pittsburgh is also without 2 starting D-linemen in Stephon Tuitt and Tyson Alualu.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 10:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let's not only put Carman in at RG but let's use Smith as the jumbo TE and really get some blocking.

For good measure, maybe Smith should change his number to #74 since he would be so eligible.   Hilarious  

I thought it was hilarious when in 2009 someone had an old #74 jersey and added a nameplate "ELIGIBLE" on the back.

In all seriousness, this isn't a bad idea to try and get more out of the rushing attack.  Only thing I hated about the unbalanced line was there was no bootleg pass option to catch a defense in overpursuit.  
Reply/Quote