Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins-injured
(08-14-2020, 11:29 AM)3wt Wrote: Lap had some nice things to say about Thomas too:  speed, explosion, jack hammer feet and hands.   Intriguing. 

Yeah, I like Thomas as well as Washington and don't forget about Stanley Morgan who is a nice smooth route runner.

Plus we have first dibs on the waiver wire. We just need our guys to stay healthy is all.

If they are healthy this is as deep of a WR roster as there is in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 07:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would disagree.. they triple dipped at the probably the worst starting position of all 32 teams and that would be LB and I am much happier they did not than draft 2 WRs.... besides we can franchise AJ I believe next year also if we need too but it would be costly...  

That, and we have Auden Tate, Stanley Morgan Jr, and possibly Mike Thomas at the end of the roster.  I think another pick on a WR would have had very little chance of making an impact this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 01:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That, and we have Auden Tate, Stanley Morgan Jr, and possibly Mike Thomas at the end of the roster.  I think another pick on a WR would have had very little chance of making an impact this year.  

Yep, we needed Linebackers and drafted accordingly.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I like Thomas as well as Washington and don't forget about Stanley Morgan who is a nice smooth route runner.

Plus we have first dibs on the waiver wire. We just need our guys to stay healthy is all.

Stanley Morgan is also an enthusiastic blocker. I love WRs who can block: it can really help the offense if the WRs aren't just going through the motions.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, we needed Linebackers and drafted accordingly.

As much as I love Wilson (see him as our LB for the next 10 years) and the athleticism of ADG, I can't help but find myself pulling for Bailey.  I hated him as I watched him sniff out everything Ohio State was doing, but I am hopeful he can be a piece of this defense.  We know Bynes is a stop-gap (and a great idea), and everyone is expecting big things from Pratt, but I find myself really rooting for Bailey as well.  Depth of talent is something we have not had at many position groups for some time.  Now I see LB as a potential strength.  
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 02:50 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Stanley Morgan is also an enthusiastic blocker. I love WRs who can block: it can really help the offense if the WRs aren't just going through the motions.

No doubt, love WR's that love to block.

(08-15-2020, 02:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: As much as I love Wilson (see him as our LB for the next 10 years) and the athleticism of ADG, I can't help but find myself pulling for Bailey.  I hated him as I watched him sniff out everything Ohio State was doing, but I am hopeful he can be a piece of this defense.  We know Bynes is a stop-gap (and a great idea), and everyone is expecting big things from Pratt, but I find myself really rooting for Bailey as well.  Depth of talent is something we have not had at many position groups for some time.  Now I see LB as a potential strength.  

Yep, Bailey could be a huge steal if he can stay healthy. His instincts are off the chart.

We needed instinctive Linebackers and that is just what we have Drafted since Taylor and Lou have been here.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I like Thomas as well as Washington and don't forget about Stanley Morgan who is a nice smooth route runner.

Yeah, I'm currently very comfortable with the teams depth at WR. Alex Erickson may get cut, and he's no slouch. Boston Bill would probably snatch him up and turn him into a 50 catch guy, knowing how our luck rolls...lol
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 05:21 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Yeah, I'm currently very comfortable with the teams depth at WR. Alex Erickson may get cut, and he's no slouch. Boston Bill would probably snatch him up and turn him into a 50 catch guy, knowing how our luck rolls...lol

Alex Erickson can catch 50 to 80 passes easy. His problem is he's not a end zone threat . Some guys are volume catchers. 
Catch alot between the end zones. But that's it 
Reply/Quote
Ever since Sanzenbacher changed his name to Erickson I just haven’t been as much of a fan...
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 06:14 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Alex Erickson can catch 50 to 80 passes easy. His problem is he's not a end zone threat . Some guys are volume catchers. 
Catch alot between the end zones. But that's it 

I guess the point that I was making is that we consider him to be at the bottom of the depth chart, but he's a valuable player. He could be even more valuable in the right setting aka TB,NE, perhaps SF?

He's a Wayne Chrebet /Wes Welker kind of guy that can return kicks. In the right system, with the right team, the OCs find ways for those kind of guys to score.

If he's one of the weakest WRs in a teams group, then that group must be pretty damn solid.
It's gonna be a tough task for most WRs in the league to have to beat out Tyler Boyd in the slot. I bet Alex is hella competitive.
Ts, I understand where you are coming from.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 06:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ever since Sanzenbacher changed his name to Erickson I just haven’t been as much of a fan...

Sanzenbacher only wishes he could carry Erickson's josckstrap.

The ONLY thing Dane Sanzenbacher can claim over Erickson, is more TDs and a fluke pick due to the Stoolers' idiocy on a fake punt.

In the same amount of years played (4), Erickson has:

- More catches
- More yards
- More YPC
- Better 1st down percentage
- Better catch percentage

Erickson's year last year, he had more/better of EVERY RECEIVER STATISTIC, than Sanzenbacher had for his entire career (aside from TDs).

And he's shown effectiveness as a returner; Sanzenbacher never returned in his career.

And Erickson isn't a world beater either; he's last on our depth chart.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 05:21 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Yeah, I'm currently very comfortable with the teams depth at WR. Alex Erickson may get cut, and he's no slouch. Boston Bill would probably snatch him up and turn him into a 50 catch guy, knowing how our luck rolls...lol

Just like Rex Burkhead.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just like Rex Burkhead.

Rex is not a slot WR in Bill's offense. He's one of about 6-8 revolving RBs. 

There is a significant difference. Plz don't bring your apples into my orange grove. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:28 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Rex is not a slot WR in Bill's offense. He's one of about 6-8 revolving RBs. 

There is a significant difference. Plz don't bring your apples into my orange grove. 

Yes, I know Rex is not a receiver. The point is both are marginal players here at the back of the depth chart in their position on the 53 man roster. Burkhead was not used that much here, and Bill uses him more in NE. Just like he would with Erickson. Check your fruit.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 06:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ever since Sanzenbacher changed his name to Erickson I just haven’t been as much of a fan...

[Image: long_time_star_wars.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:47 PM)Earendil Wrote: [Image: long_time_star_wars.gif]

Hilarious

Said the same thing when he said that lol
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 02:50 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Stanley Morgan is also an enthusiastic blocker. I love WRs who can block: it can really help the offense if the WRs aren't just going through the motions.

Stanley Morgan is also our best gunner on special team coverage.

If you believe PFF he is one of the best in the entire league. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, I know Rex is not a receiver. The point is both are marginal players here at the back of the depth chart in their position on the 53 man roster. Burkhead was not used that much here, and Bill uses him more in NE. Just like he would with Erickson. Check your fruit.

Gotcha! Obviously, I misunderstood where you were coming from. I actually took it the opposite way of what you were trying to convey. No worries. My bad.

I agree with you.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stanley Morgan is also our best gunner on special team coverage.

If you believe PFF he is one of the best in the entire league. 

This is a big deal man. With AJ and Tee having hammy injuries Morgan could be that other "forgotten guy".
Reply/Quote
In pads and practicing today.
Reply/Quote