Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins is Going to Be Amazing
In this crapfest of the 2020 season I see a bright spot in Tee Higgins. I’m usually more defense minded but Tee reminds me of TJ Houshmandzadeh the way he catches passes in traffic and fights for yards after the catch. He may be one of the greatest second round picks the Bengals have made. Once the line gives Joe Burrow time for plays to develop and time to set his feet you’re going to see Tee become his favorite downfield receiver. It will be like Carson to Chad all over again; #9 to #85.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is ok. Maybe he’d be better if they could scheme him open. The next coaching staff may do well with him.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In this crapfest of the 2020 season I see a bright spot in Tee Higgins.  I’m usually more defense minded but Tee reminds me of TJ Houshmandzadeh the way he catches passes in traffic and fights for yards after the catch.  He may be one of the greatest second round picks the Bengals have made.  Once the line gives Joe Burrow time for plays to develop and time to set his feet you’re going to see Tee become his favorite downfield receiver.  It will be like Carson to Chad all over again; #9 to #85.

That's some elite company:

Boomer Esiason
Corey Dillon
Chad Johnson
Andrew Whitworth
Drew Sample
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He’s fun to watch. Want to put him my lineups, but then remember avg. time Burrow has to throw. But your right. He has the skilz to be one of the greats.

Reply/Quote
He reminds me of a guy playing tonight, Keenan Allen.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He is ok. Maybe he’d be better if they could scheme him open. The next coaching staff may do well with him.

He's been, "schemed open," many times and he gets open frequently.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In this crapfest of the 2020 season I see a bright spot in Tee Higgins. I’m usually more defense minded but Tee reminds me of TJ Houshmandzadeh the way he catches passes in traffic and fights for yards after the catch. He may be one of the greatest second round picks the Bengals have made. Once the line gives Joe Burrow time for plays to develop and time to set his feet you’re going to see Tee become his favorite downfield receiver. It will be like Carson to Chad all over again; #9 to #85.

Chad
Whit
Bates
Boyd
Gio
Mixon
Dalton
Dunlap
Dillon
Pickens
Ickey
Boomer
Collinsworth

I like Tee a lot so far, and I think he has a ton of potential, but he has a lot of work to do to become one of our best 2nd rounders ever. We have done very well in the 2nd over the years.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's some elite company:

Boomer Esiason
Corey Dillon
Chad Johnson
Andrew Whitworth
Drew Sample

We've had plenty of differences, but this is a quality post. Rep.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He’s fun to watch. Want to put him my lineups, but then remember avg. time Burrow has to throw. But your right. He has the skilz to be one of the greats.

I’ve played him a few times in DFS, one them being his 2 TD game. He’s pretty cheap at under $5000 each week, so even when he doesn’t have great games, it’s still ok.
Reply/Quote
I think he'll be a good player, but I don't think he'll reach WR1 heights. Not even sure if he'll reach Boyd heights yet.

One of the greatest 2nd round pick they ever made? That's a huge jump of the gun to group him in with Collinsworth, Esiason, Pickens, Dillon, Chad, Whitworth, Dunlap, and Dalton... not to mention whatever Boyd does the rest of his career.

A rookie with 214 career yards to his name, on pace for 685 yards. Bengals still need to find a #1 WR in FA or draft.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think he'll be a good player, but I don't think he'll reach WR1 heights. Not even sure if he'll reach Boyd heights yet.

One of the greatest 2nd round pick they ever made? That's a huge jump of the gun to group him in with Collinsworth, Esiason, Pickens, Dillon, Chad, Whitworth, Dunlap, and Dalton... not to mention whatever Boyd does the rest of his career.

A rookie with 214 career yards to his name, on pace for 685 yards. Bengals still need to find a #1 WR in FA or draft.

We don't need a #1. We need a fast one that can run routes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We don't need a #1. We need a fast one that can run routes

Another Marvin Jones would be ideal. Boyd can lead the team in receptions, but we’d have a guy that can stretch the field and score TD’s.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He’s fun to watch. Want to put him my lineups, but then remember avg. time Burrow has to throw. But your right. He has the skilz to be one of the greats.

He outscored every WR I played yesterday... Tyler Lockett, DJ Chark, and Terry McLauren.

But anyway... I think we'd be seeing more outta him if things could actually develop downfield.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We don't need a #1. We need a fast one that can run routes

[Image: bth.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think he'll be a good player, but I don't think he'll reach WR1 heights. Not even sure if he'll reach Boyd heights yet.

We should do that right after we find some capable linemen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's been, "schemed open," many times and he gets open frequently.

Just saying I’d like to see a screen or quick slant to the guy every so often. When we are getting blitzed up the *** like yesterday, why not throw a quicker pass to Tee?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's some elite company:

Boomer Esiason
Corey Dillon
Chad Johnson
Andrew Whitworth
Drew Sample
How the hell.does Sample make this list...really.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: How the hell.does Sample make this list...really.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Egg on.my.face. 
Sample still.hasnt  shown why.He was a 2nd RD pick. 
Is he ever going to.score a.TD?
Reply/Quote

And actually catch the ball.

I think Higgins has a bright future.
Reply/Quote