• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins on the crazy Joe to Chase TD
there is a *&#! word used

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Tee is such a likable kid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee is such a likable kid.

He really is... I watched a video where Jamaar and tee where burning the tires off a Hellcat, they are close off the field too.. I hope we can keep them together for a long time...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:31 PM)Tony Wrote: He really is... I watched a video where Jamaar and tee where burning the tires off a Hellcat, they are close off the field too.. I hope we can keep them together for a long time...

I actually feel pretty good about being able to keep Tee. Him and Boyd both become UFA’s in 2024 - and to me it’s pretty simple; re-sign Tee, and let Boyd walk. Yes, we’ll have a lot of money tied up in 2 WR’s (and our QB) once Chase is due to get paid, but it will be worth it.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I actually feel pretty good about being able to keep Tee. Him and Boyd both become UFA’s in 2024 - and to me it’s pretty simple; re-sign Tee, and let Boyd walk. Yes, we’ll have a lot of money tied up in 2 WR’s (and our QB) once Chase is due to get paid, but it will be worth it.

I agree 100%..  The chemistry is only gonna grow between Burrow and these 2, and it's already off the charts.. I don't care what they have to pay...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I actually feel pretty good about being able to keep Tee. Him and Boyd both become UFA’s in 2024 - and to me it’s pretty simple; re-sign Tee, and let Boyd walk. Yes, we’ll have a lot of money tied up in 2 WR’s (and our QB) once Chase is due to get paid, but it will be worth it.

No question... Never pay a third contract in the NFL. Almost never anyway. Certainly not to a Tyler Boyd. Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins are examples of why it's a horrible idea.

People couldn't grasp that back in the draft debate... Chase is Boyd's replacement.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I actually feel pretty good about being able to keep Tee. Him and Boyd both become UFA’s in 2024 - and to me it’s pretty simple; re-sign Tee, and let Boyd walk. Yes, we’ll have a lot of money tied up in 2 WR’s (and our QB) once Chase is due to get paid, but it will be worth it.

If it does not kill the Bengals monetarily I would prefer to keep both Higgins and Boyd.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If it does not kill the Bengals monetarily I would prefer to keep both Higgins and Boyd.  

It’s going to be depending on how we do the next two years. If we still fail to make the playoffs, I struggle to see Boyd wanting to stay without a lot of money. If we do well and make a run, he may take less money to try and win with us. But I could be wrong. He took a deal when we still sucked, so you never know. Lol
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s going to be depending on how we do the next two years. If we still fail to make the playoffs, I struggle to see Boyd wanting to stay without a lot of money. If we do well and make a run, he may take less money to try and win with us. But I could be wrong. He took a deal when we still sucked, so you never know. Lol

Agree but if the Bengals struggle to make the playoffs the next two years it will be time for major roster changes again.

Also could see Boyd wanting to leave per targets shrinking. Yet really like the kid as I do all the starting WR's on Bengals and hope they collectively  stick around for a minute.. Boyd will probably go to steelers if walking though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:48 PM)jason Wrote: No question... Never pay a third contract in the NFL. Almost never anyway. Certainly not to a Tyler Boyd. Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins are examples of why it's a horrible idea.

People couldn't grasp that back in the draft debate... Chase is Boyd's replacement.

totally different wear and tear on a defensive lineman and a wide receiver.  You cannot evaluate the positions based on the same criteria.  WRs often are very effective into their 30s

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:48 PM)jason Wrote: No question... Never pay a third contract in the NFL. Almost never anyway. Certainly not to a Tyler Boyd. Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins are examples of why it's a horrible idea.

Chase is AJ's replacement.
Reply/Quote

He's not a slot wr though.....
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:40 PM)Tony Wrote: He's not a slot wr though.....

I'm only talking about financially. When it's time to pay Chase, it's time to thank Boyd for all the memories... If it doesn't happen sooner.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chase is AJ's replacement.

Or the replacement for John Ross.... Who failed miserably at replacing AJ, or even Golden Tate in New York.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Tee has Jerome Simpson hands
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

This is an interesting thread.  Do "dynasty" teams pay third contracts?  Guys like Brady and Mayo sure seemed to hang around the Patriots organization for a long time.  
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 07:32 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: This is an interesting thread.  Do "dynasty" teams pay third contracts?  Guys like Brady and Mayo sure seemed to hang around the Patriots organization for a long time.  

What's really interesting is comparing the list of people saying never pay a 3rd contract and the list of people whining they let Whitworth walk at 37 years old (or however old he was)
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:46 PM)jason Wrote: I'm only talking about financially. When it's time to pay Chase, it's time to thank Boyd for all the memories... If it doesn't happen sooner.

Tyler Boyd plays a position where players are routinely playing a high level of productive snaps into their mid 30s.

It is far too early to speculate what they will or won’t do at this point. A lot can happen between now and 2024
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What's really interesting is comparing the list of people saying never pay a 3rd contract and the list of people whining they let Whitworth walk at 37 years old (or however old he was)

He was 73, but who's counting
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 10:05 AM)pally Wrote: Tyler Boyd plays a position where players are routinely playing a high level of productive snaps into their mid 30s.

It is far too early to speculate what they will or won’t do at this point. A lot can happen between now and 2024

Yeah but some productive guys are gonna walk outta Cincinnati. Probably as soon as this off-season. You can't keep everyone. Left tackles, quarterbacks, and wide receivers (2 of them at that) can gobble up a lot of salary cap. But you're right... A lot can change between now and then.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote