Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tee Higgins pays for random person's birthday dinner
https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati-bengals-tee-higgins-pays-for-birthday-dinner/41913047

Sounds like another 85
Reply/Quote
I thought the same thing as far as it reminding me of Chad. Good on Tee for doing such a nice thing. He’s such a likable kid. I’m trying not to get too attached to him as a Bengal, as I think he’ll be gone after next season, but he makes it really difficult.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 01:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought the same thing as far as it reminding me of Chad. Good on Tee for doing such a nice thing. He’s such a likable kid. I’m trying not to get too attached to him as a Bengal, as I think he’ll be gone after next season, but he makes it really difficult.

Same boat!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 01:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought the same thing as far as it reminding me of Chad. Good on Tee for doing such a nice thing. He’s such a likable kid. I’m trying not to get too attached to him as a Bengal, as I think he’ll be gone after next season, but he makes it really difficult.

Always have the tag
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

I'm not convinced he's leaving. I think if the Bengals get anywhere close, he'll stay right here to play with Burrow, Chase and Boyd. They seem to have a real connection. 
Reply/Quote
Tee absolutely needs to be signed to an extension. Chase is great but he's better with Tee out there with him and vice versa. I'm hoping these 2 will be together for the next 5+ years. I like Boyd as well but I feel he's the easier of the 3 to replace.
Reply/Quote
I'll never get dinner from Teeggins for living out of state 1800 miles away. (yes, I verified the mileage)
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 02:16 PM)Mer Wrote: Tee absolutely needs to be signed to an extension. Chase is great but he's better with Tee out there with him and vice versa. I'm hoping these 2 will be together for the next 5+ years. I like Boyd as well but I feel he's the easier of the 3 to replace.

I disagree

Love Higgins but in no way do I think one of the best slot receivers in the game will be easier replacing than Higgins and much more affordable. 

Maybe Burrow takes less to keep all 3 but really don't see that happening either.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Great guy no doubt. I still am hoping Tee being a Bengals fan since a kid like most of us, influences his decision along with
Burrow being his QB and hopefully ring chasing, we will see. Boyd is great too so for sure I see him moving on dang it all.

I think Tee is still struggling with the ankle so he might not have a huge season, I just hope we make it to the Playoffs and
win it all and all is good.
Reply/Quote
Can you imagine if the dude who's birthday it was, was a Steelers fan?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 11:29 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Can you imagine if the dude who's birthday it was, was a Steelers fan?

Najee Harris can pay my tab if he wants... Hate the team, not the players (except Jerry Porter).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 07:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I disagree

Love Higgins but in no way do I think one of the best slot receivers in the game will be easier replacing than Higgins and much more affordable. 

Maybe Burrow takes less to keep all 3 but really don't see that happening either.

I love Tee Higgins, and coming into this year I was all about keeping him and Ja'Marr at all costs. But honestly, this offense underperforms quite a bit (we can debate why all day, but the fact remains), and it doesn't make sense to me to break the bank for both anymore. Burrow is the engine, and Ja'Marr stirs the drink. They're just gonna have to fill the holes around them as long as this era lasts. You'd think Tee's price tag would slip because he hasn't been great this year, but that ain't how it works. Christian Kirk has never been great and got paid.

I'd still like to keep him...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 12:50 AM)jason Wrote: Najee Harris can pay my tab if he wants... Hate the team, not the players (except Jerry Porter).

If Porter is the only Steeler you hate then you’re doing it wrong. What about the rapist? Hines Ward?

[Image: let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Porter is the only Steeler you hate then you’re doing it wrong. What about the rapist? Hines Ward?

[Image: let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif]

Ward
Pig
JuJu
Bell
Shazier
DeCastro
Troy Hairball
Porter
James Harrison
Antonio Brown

This list could go on all day... F all those guys, literally put them on Titanic 2 alone and sink that shit.

James Harrison

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 07:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I disagree

Honestly, the way this offense is designed, I would really try to find a way to keep Tee and go cheap at TE and RB.  But that's just me.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 02:51 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Ward
Pig
JuJu
Bell
Shazier
DeCastro
Troy Hairball
Porter
James Harrison
Antonio Brown

This list could go on all day... F all those guys, literally put them on Titanic 2 alone and sink that shit.

James Harrison

Bill Cowher- "We Dey",  you're gay
Omar Epps- That thug attitude is just weak.  His best was "we gonna unleash hell on the NFL", only to follow that by losing 4 straight.
Terence Garvin- Assbag that broke Kevin Huber's neck 

Every fat, unemployed, loser that thinks because they root for a team with "Six Rings" somehow makes them a winner....and there is a large number of them.  Usually driving a beat up van with steeler stickers all over it.  

Funny story (or, at least I think it is):  My first job after college was to sell Saturns.  I became the manager a year later, and I used to have to appraise trade-ins.  My team knew I hated the steelers something fierce, and one of the sales team brought me an appraisal form and keys.  He said "you aren't going to like this one".  I asked if it was a POS.  He said "yeah, but it is worse".  

I went out to see a Chevy Astro van with steelers stickers all over the damn thing and the plate said something like "FVRINGS" (they hadn't won their sixth).  I wrote on the appraisal a deduction for "crap on car" for $200.  The customer didn't find the humor.  He walked because we only offered him $500 for a $500 clapped out, rusted, dying Astro.    
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 12:55 AM)jason Wrote: I love Tee Higgins, and coming into this year I was all about keeping him and Ja'Marr at all costs. But honestly, this offense underperforms quite a bit (we can debate why all day, but the fact remains), and it doesn't make sense to me to break the bank for both anymore. Burrow is the engine, and Ja'Marr stirs the drink. They're just gonna have to fill the holes around them as long as this era lasts. You'd think Tee's price tag would slip because he hasn't been great this year, but that ain't how it works. Christian Kirk has never been great and got paid.

I'd still like to keep him...

Agree completely

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, the way this offense is designed, I would really try to find a way to keep Tee and go cheap at TE and RB.  But that's just me.  

I get it but just do not see it being affordable to do, it would be an injustice to Tee to low ball him and would probably cripple the defense if paying him. 

Going cheap on TE already and will have to go cheap on RB as well very soon. Yet just cutting back on just Mixon's contract would cover Higgins raise but is not going to cover what is about to be payed to Burrow and Chase not to mention Logan Wilson is going to need some cabbage as well. 

Losing Bates so that's about a $10 million savings after paying his replacement. Still Burrow and Chase are going to break the bank. Burrow only averages $9 million a year presently and is about to get at least a $25 to $35 million dollar raise a year. Chase makes less than $8 million a year and is about to get a $20 million dollar raise at least. Not counting Wilson the Bengals are going to have to conservatively need to clear somewhere around $50 million in cap space in next two to three years. 

Would love to keep just about everybody on this team, but RB's and WR's are the easiest to find in the draft that are NFL ready imo. Especially if they're only asked to be a #2 with Chase drawing all the double coverage. 

May have to lose Boyd as well. Yet think he will be much more affordable than Tee and is a premier slot receiver.

Plus would think Higgins will want to try and become a #1 WR anyway, it pays way more mula. 

Maybe Im wrong, won't be the first time and hope the cap is raised high enough that we can keep Higgins. Just don't see it being feasible though.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 09:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bill Cowher- "We Dey",  you're gay
Omar Epps- That thug attitude is just weak.  His best was "we gonna unleash hell on the NFL", only to follow that by losing 4 straight.

Every fat, unemployed, loser that thinks because they root for a team with "Six Rings" somehow makes them a winner....and there is a large number of them.  Usually driving a beat up van with steeler stickers all over it.  

Funny story (or, at least I think it is):  My first job after college was to sell Saturns.  I became the manager a year later, and I used to have to appraise trade-ins.  My team knew I hated the steelers something fierce, and one of the sales team brought me an appraisal form and keys.  He said "you aren't going to like this one".  I asked if it was a POS.  He said "yeah, but it is worse".  

I went out to see a Chevy Astro van with steelers stickers all over the damn thing and the plate said something like "FVRINGS" (they hadn't won their sixth).  I wrote on the appraisal a deduction for "crap on car" for $200.  The customer didn't find the humor.  He walked because we only offered him $500 for a $500 clapped out, rusted, dying Astro.    

I've honestly never met a steeler fan that isn't exactly this, like how can one entire fanbase be a walking ad for heart disease and birth control?

Love the story by the way!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 02:16 PM)Mer Wrote: Tee absolutely needs to be signed to an extension. Chase is great but he's better with Tee out there with him and vice versa. I'm hoping these 2 will be together for the next 5+ years. I like Boyd as well but I feel he's the easier of the 3 to replace.

Slot Receivers are much easier to find than 6'4" Wide outs with great hands that run fantastic routes, that are Bengal fans
and that already have great chemistry with your QB and other franchise Receiver. I agree even though we aren't going to 
be able to replace Boyd we would still be a top WR core and be able to add a Slot Receiver that could keep us there.

One of them will have to leave just the way it goes. Hoping cause Tee has been banged up this year he will be affordable 
and this plus him being a Bengal fan will keep him here for years to come. Still seems so young too.

(11-12-2022, 02:51 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Ward
Pig
JuJu
Bell
Shazier
DeCastro
Troy Hairball
Porter
James Harrison
Antonio Brown

James Harrison

Love it lol  Hilarious

(11-12-2022, 09:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bill Cowher- "We Dey",  you're gay

LMAO!!!  LMAO

Bengal fans are the best and stealer fans be the worst.

I like Cowher a bit more than when he was their HC but still, hated his guts big time for all those years. That is a funny story.

Crap on $200 dollar stooler van lol  Smirk
Reply/Quote