Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins ruled out again
(11-24-2023, 06:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh stop it. For the millionth time hamstring injuries are no joke for WR’s. How long has Justin Jefferson been out now?

Not saying Tee is doing it, but...

Jefferson was eligible for an extension before this season and they didn't get it done. He hasn't missed a game before this year, and I won't swear to it, but I have a feeling that if Jefferson had a signed 3yr/$99-105m contract with a $25m signing bonus in his back pocket, he would be playing right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 08:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We might want to have same discussion with Burrow, Higgins has played 1 more game than Burrow and they entered league same time.

Not really when you look at the severity of their injuries.

Burrow has had season ending injuries to his wrist and knee.

Tee has had a few hamstrings his ribs his shoulder an ankle injury and a concussion

Burrow was worth the money we paid him he’s the leader and game changer I love Tee and I’d be more than happy if he signed a new deal but for the money he’s going to be wanting and the amount of times he gets banged up if we tagged and traded him I wouldn’t be heartbroken.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 08:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not saying Tee is doing it, but...

Jefferson was eligible for an extension before this season and they didn't get it done. He hasn't missed a game before this year, and I won't swear to it, but I have a feeling that if Jefferson had a signed 3yr/$99-105m contract with a $25m signing bonus in his back pocket, he would be playing right now.

Tee is costing himself money being out though. He’ll still get paid, but imagine the bidding war had he actually gone off this season.

Jefferson is getting a market resetting contract no matter what.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee is costing himself money being out though. He’ll still get paid, but imagine the bidding war had he actually gone off this season.

Jefferson is getting a market resetting contract no matter what.

Yup, which is why I said I don't think Tee is doing it, but I do think that Jefferson might be playing it extra safe.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 07:52 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: People saying it’s a business decision go pull your hamstring then try run after 3 weeks and see how you get on.

Tee being injury prone is an entirely different debate and there are some serious questions about his reliability if we are going to pay him in the offseason.

But to question if he’s sitting out by choice is ***** ridiculous.

I mean both can be true: he's legit hurt but also making decisions with an understanding he needs to get his one big contract.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 08:28 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Not really when you look at the severity of their injuries.

Burrow has had season ending injuries to his wrist and knee.

Tee has had a few hamstrings his ribs his shoulder an ankle injury and a concussion

Burrow was worth the money we paid him he’s the leader and game changer I love Tee and I’d be more than happy if he signed a new deal but for the money he’s going to be wanting and the amount of times he gets banged up if we tagged and traded him I wouldn’t be heartbroken.

Again you said injury prone so just stating a fact that Burrow will end up missing more games in the 4 years, and he has also played hurt like tee has.
Reply/Quote

When Jonah Williams has been more durable than you that’s pretty bad.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 11:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Again you said injury prone so just stating a fact that Burrow will end up missing more games in the 4 years, and he has also played hurt like tee has.

You aren’t getting it there’s a difference between injury prone and having a serious injury.

I could break my leg on opening day and be out for the season.

A different player could pull a calf then on recovery roll an ankle etc.

Burrow isn’t injury prone where Higgins is starting to get that rep.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 01:25 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: You aren’t getting it there’s a difference between injury prone and having a serious injury.

And the problem with Tee is he’s starting to suffer from the same injuries over and over again. 4 hamstring injuries in 4 years, 2-3 ankle injuries, etc.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 01:25 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: You aren’t getting it there’s a difference between injury prone and having a serious injury.

As I've said: JB not's injury prone, he just gets hurt alot. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I actually think Burrow might be getting the "rep" around the league more than Higgins. Also Burrow has calf injury and other aliments but played through them so has Higgins as a whole but both had injuries they have dealt with and lets be honest which would you rather have a player over 4 years missing some games or a player over 4 years not finishing the seasons just over the halfway point in 2 of them... Most fans I would say would prefer Higgins injuries over Burrow. Now if Higgins is out rest of season, then i think the "rep" will be about equal
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 01:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
When Jonah Williams has been more durable than you that’s pretty bad.

what mixon doing playing 53% of games, that means he is half his NFL age he shoudl be averaging 100 a game argh xD
Reply/Quote
it's hard to define injury prone, I think it's how much the injury affects you (like mahomes won a superbowl injured)
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 06:28 PM)pally Wrote: he's will have missed 3 games with a pulled hamstring.  Chase Brown went on IR for the same injury.  Depending on severity for a WR this is a 3 week to out for the season injury.

Keenan Allen missed a ton of games last season with this injury. Tried to come back, aggravated it and missed more.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote