Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins top 5 PFF rookie WR
Wonder if his ceiling is to be a number 1. He seems to lack the explosive burst that makes good players great but he definitely looks as if he’ll be good for a long time. Hopefully AJ, Housh, and Chad teach him what they know and increase his ceiling. Burrow is going to need a number 1 after AJ walks. AJ is just now starting to blossom and i don’t wanna go into the 21 season without a dominant target. Even if we fix our line our problem will just shift to the WRs. Ross not panning out is really a bummer. Ross was supposed to be our Tyreke Hill
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The "generational" gap is getting awfully small, then. Just in 2014 we had a similar situation...

-Sammy Watkins
-Mike Evans
-Odell Beckham
-Brandin Cooks
-Davante Adams
-Allen Robinson
-Jarvis Landry
-To a lesser extent Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews

...all went in the first 2 rounds. Unless the rules change, I think we'll more and more frequently be seeing "generational" WR classes.

While that was a good class, Watkins and Adams only have 1 1000 yard season a piece, Robinson has 2(1 for the team that drafted him), and Landry has 3.  Evans, OBJ, and Cooks are the only ones that were ever reliable 1000 yard guys and Cooks and OBJ have since fallen out of that category.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't put a lot of weight on PFF individual player rankings.

Among rookie WRs Higgens is

2nd in tds
3rd in yards
3rd in yds/reception (min 10 rec)
4th in receptions
4th in yds/target
Reply/Quote
What is even better is Tee started off pretty damn slow, was hardly used the first 2 games.

He is getting better and better every week and Burrow trusts him more every week. We could be looking at a future star.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: Higgins has been a surprise and steal. Wasn't my choice or my favorite receiver taken, but glad we did. He and Burrow (along with Boyd) are the future.

Man, I was stoked to get him in the 2nd...

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man, I was stoked to get him in the 2nd...

I didn't think he would make it to us, was stoked as well. Didn't have him in any of my Mocks cause I didn't find it possible.

Never know about the Draft man.
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins is the real deal.He and Burrow have some good chemistry.Have to give Burrow some of the credit too.I’ve seen him throw players open.Burrow is an accurate passer.Especially when he has time to set his feet and step into the throw,which he hasn’t had to much opportunity to do this year.
Reply/Quote
Higgins is gonna be a good one. Can you imagine what his stats might be if the QB didn't have to release the ball in .75 seconds ?
Reply/Quote
What I like is that Higgie Baby is getting better at breaking off
Inital route when Burrow is extending the play.
Its obvious him and JB are putting in extra time together
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 06:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All of these guys were picked in the first two rounds, which shows drafting a WR early is typically a good idea.
However, one thing to point out is none of these WRs were in the Top 4 drafted.
That would be Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, and Reagor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:50 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, does this guy stick out like a sore thumb on this list.

This guy should be a cautionary tale for every single player who comes into the league.  They should make a video on him, Here is NOT What to Do.

What a waste.

(10-29-2020, 10:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What's the story on him? I know he was great early but he just disappeared. Was it attitude? Injuries? Some other thing? A combination of all? It's genuinely bizarre how far he fell off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TMN_L8uiT2w&list=PLESHwaH0VL3yHMt6p6_L_QznV2bCKM4vn&index=11&t=0s
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s a monster. Glad we were able to get basically two first rounders this year
Reply/Quote
Our WR group lacks one huge thing, elite speed and quickness by 1 or 2. I see KC and they have speed WR's everywhere and we have fast, not quick big guys. I was hoping Ross would add that element, but appears that won't happen. So in 2021 draft, we need to find that one or two guys, a Hill or Hardman (think that is his name) KC type to stretch the defense and occupy safeties for diversion if nothing else.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our WR group lacks one huge thing, elite speed and quickness by 1 or 2. I see KC and they have speed WR's everywhere and we have fast, not quick big guys. I was hoping Ross would add that element, but appears that won't happen. So in 2021 draft, we need to find that one or two guys, a Hill or Hardman (think that is his name) KC type to stretch the defense and occupy safeties for diversion if nothing else.

Someone needs to track down Doc Brown and turn in DK Metcalf's card instead of Drew Sample.  Boom, problem solved. Wink
Reply/Quote
I am surprised at some of the WRs PFF thinks are better than Higgins both on stats and having seen them play. Shenault makes no sense and neither does Aiyuk. I can kinda see Jefferson and Claypool.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 02:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: I am surprised at some of the WRs PFF thinks are better than Higgins both on stats and having seen them play. Shenault makes no sense and neither does Aiyuk. I can kinda see Jefferson and Claypool.

Ive lost all faith in PFF rankings. I'll just look at stats and the eye test from now on.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 02:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: I am surprised at some of the WRs PFF thinks are better than Higgins both on stats and having seen them play. Shenault makes no sense and neither does Aiyuk. I can kinda see Jefferson and Claypool.

(11-05-2020, 02:39 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Ive lost all faith in PFF rankings. I'll just look at stats and the eye test from now on.

PFF also grades their run blocking and the routes they run even when they aren't targeted.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Having another stud WR wearing the #85 reminds me of the old days....and I love it!

Saw Tee play a lot being an ACC fan, he's exceeded my expectations for sure....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote