Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee needs to tee off on the Steelers
While Iam encouraged by Burrows ball distribution in his last game, it's time for Tee Higgins to make a example
Of the Steelers secondary..
He is due for a 100 yd plus game. He hasn't has one since
The Dolphins game. He needs to show he can take
Over a game without Jamar Chase on the other side.
If Tee wants to prove he is a top 12 WR, no better time
Than vs the Steelers. Who BTW knocked out him
Out with a cheap shot game 1.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 02:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: While Iam encouraged by Burrows ball distribution in his last game, it's time for Tee Higgins to make a example
Of the Steelers secondary..
He is due for a 100 yd plus game. He hasn't has one since
The Dolphins game. He needs to show he can take
Over a game without Jamar Chase on the other side.
If Tee wants to prove he is a top 12 WR, no better time
Than vs the Steelers. Who BTW knocked out him
Out with a cheap shot game 1.

Very true, plus he has had a couple weeks for his ankle to really heal up.

Think it is time for Tee to have a monster game myself. Rock On
Reply/Quote
It's crazy...before the season I was on the fence over who to resign...Higgins or Chase.

Now it's not even close. Chase all day. I am not even sure Higgins is a true #1 receiver.

Don't get me wrong, he's great...but I def think he is limited as a receiver.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Would be a welcome sight if Higgins did go off this Sunday and the perfect time to do so.

My only concern is his style of high pointing balls sets him up for the big hits and we all know the steelers will cheap shot him again if afforded the opportunity.

Hopefully the Bengals and Tee kick tail and get out of this game without any major injuries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 04:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's crazy...before the season I was on the fence over who to resign...Higgins or Chase.

Now it's not even close. Chase all day. I am not even sure Higgins is a true #1 receiver.

I never thought he was as good as Chase but I agree the debate of it being close to 1a and 1b should be put to rest. Higgins is a top notch #2 but he's done nothing to prove he's a #1 receiver. 

Not sure why someone secretly thumbs down instead of replying to try to prove their point.
Reply/Quote
Tee is a Liw end #1 or a high end #2. He has some really good games and makes some crazy catches, but I don’t think he has the separation speed to be a really good #1. Guess we will see if he wants to be like Marvin Jones #2.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 04:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's crazy...before the season I was on the fence over who to resign...Higgins or Chase.

Never a doubt to me that Chase is "the Man". 

I mean dude came into the league smoking everybody and then blocking like a madman resembling a player trying to earn a roster spot instead of the actual star he is and his play seemed infectious to the other players around him.  

But there was doubt to me if Tee was a #1 or #2 WR , and believe he is a mid tier #1 and a very high end #2. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Really? Always been Chase and if we can bring back Tee or Boyd that would be gravy. But Tee has been limited cause of 
his ankle, it isn't talent wise. He could be a #1, he just has to stay healthy. Actually, him being banged up so much might 
give us a shot at signing both Chase and Tee yah never know. Plus, he grew up a Bengal fan and loves it here.

Doubt it though, I think we will only be able to extend Burrow, Chase and Logan. Both Boyd and Tee will go somewhere 
else and we will have to replace them with early draft picks soon.

(11-17-2022, 04:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would be a welcome sight if Higgins did go off this Sunday and the perfect time to do so.

My only concern is his style of high pointing balls sets him up for the big hits and we all know the steelers will cheap shot him again if afforded the opportunity.

Hopefully the Bengals and Tee kick tail and get out of this game without any major injuries.

Very true on the stealers D and their cheap shot style going against a high pointing Receiver in Tee. We already saw them
try to take out one of our WR's in the first game, hence Ja'Marr giving Minkah the 2 middle fingers in the air lol

Burrow needs to be great with his ball placement especially in this game, so he doesn't hang out any of his Receivers out 
to dry.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really? Always been Chase and if we can bring back Tee or Boyd that would be gravy. But Tee has been limited cause of 
his ankle, it isn't talent wise. He could be a #1, he just has to stay healthy. Actually, him being banged up so much might 
give us a shot at signing both Chase and Tee yah never know. Plus, he grew up a Bengal fan and loves it here.

Doubt it though, I think we will only be able to extend Burrow, Chase and Logan. Both Boyd and Tee will go somewhere 
else and we will have to replace them with early draft picks soon.

Very true on the stealers D and their cheap shot style going against a high pointing Receiver in Tee. We already saw them
try to take out one of our WR's in the first game, hence Ja'Marr giving Minkah the 2 middle fingers in the air lol

Burrow needs to be great with his ball placement especially in this game, so he doesn't hang out any of his Receivers out 
to dry.

I think Tee is limited. I don't think he has the speed/athleticism to be a true number 1. 

Again, he's good and his best attribute is his body/physicalness...but I just think he's missing that athletic/speed attribute that puts him over the top. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 05:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think Tee is limited. I don't think he has the speed/athleticism to be a true number 1. 

Again, he's good and his best attribute is his body/physicalness...but I just think he's missing that athletic/speed attribute that puts him over the top. 

Cool, I disagree. In my opinion, WHEN HEALTHY Tee has the athleticism and speed to be a true number 1 and he is 
extremely young with a very high ceiling. I don't think we have seen the best from Tee Higgins yet. Think it is unfair to 
judge him while he has a bad ankle and not take that into account.
Reply/Quote

When the defense locks in on Higgins on double teams,it’s over.He’s neither fast enough,or quick enough,at the NFL level,to get open.Higgins is a good receiver,and very athletic,but he’s not a #1.Boyd and Hurst all day over the middle of Pittsburgh’s defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 08:59 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: When the defense locks in on Higgins on double teams,it’s over.He’s neither fast enough,or quick enough,at the NFL level,to get open.Higgins is a good receiver,and very athletic,but he’s not a #1.Boyd and Hurst all day over the middle of Pittsburgh’s defense.

I concur. 

Love Tee, but IMO he comps more to a guy like Marvin Jones than a true number one. 
Reply/Quote
We need to hunt for man coverage down the field with Tee the exact same we do with Chase. Dude is a cheat code one on one. I’m actually as we don’t try him more down the field.

Almost feels like the team is purposely trying to make him have a down year so that price isn’t as high ?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Nah man , we Hurst to ball out. Sprinkle in screens and quick slants along with a semi decent rushing attack . Than we good. All Tee needs to do is command double coverage.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 10:21 PM)Housh Wrote: We need to hunt for man coverage down the field with Tee the exact same we do with Chase. Dude is a cheat code one on one. I’m actually as we don’t try him more down the field.

Almost feels like the team is purposely trying to make him have a down year so that price isn’t as high ?

Think the lack of time Burrow has had in the pocket is keeping Higgins from getting those down field throws more. 

Just don't believe there is any sabotage going on to keep his price down. If the running game keeps going like last game it should open up for Higgins.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Burrow has had plenty of time to find receivers deep. The problem is scheming. For some weird reason we do virtually nothing on offense to help receivers get separation so throws are always contested. Meanwhile other teams have no problems getting receivers wide open.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 01:18 AM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow has had plenty of time to find receivers deep. The problem is scheming. For some weird reason we do virtually nothing on offense to help receivers get separation so throws are always contested. Meanwhile other teams have no problems getting receivers wide open.

Eh, it’s also just simply a lack of speed without Chase. We had no deep game Burrow’s rookie season either.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 01:18 AM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow has had plenty of time to find receivers deep. The problem is scheming. For some weird reason we do virtually nothing on offense to help receivers get separation so throws are always contested. Meanwhile other teams have no problems getting receivers wide open.

Got to disagree with having plenty of time.

Joe can not even trust his blind side at all per Jonah playing on skates this year and Mixon whiffing on blocks often as well.  Makes it tough but to his credit he is still making the best of it.  

For the record, Burrow is still tied for 2nd in the NFL in completions over 40 yards this season. Only 1 behind Josh Allen and tied with Mahomes at 8 despite having 14 more sacks than Mahomes (almost twice as many) and 12 more than Allen.  Joe is ahead of 29 other teams currently on completions over 40 yards. 

Still think if the running game keeps rolling then more deep balls will be on the horizon. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, I disagree. In my opinion, WHEN HEALTHY Tee has the athleticism and speed to be a true number 1 and he is 
extremely young with a very high ceiling. I don't think we have seen the best from Tee Higgins yet. Think it is unfair to 
judge him while he has a bad ankle and not take that into account.

100% correct. Tee is a flat-out stud and no doubt a #1. The kid has been fighting an injury all season.Amazing how people watch a guy for a couple games play amazing, love him and talk about how the Bengals offense can't exist without him when Chase was struggling, and then a couple weeks he's not getting big numbers and now they don't need him or he's a solid 2.

He's not an elite #1 (and how many of those really are there? ) like Adams or Jefferson that catch 8-12 balls per game as those teams have entire offenses designed around them but he's plenty effective to be a #1.In fact, I hope to god they don't need to find him 10X a game going forward with all their weapons as it would also mean Mixon is running well, getting carries and they're playing with a lead.
Reply/Quote

It's hard to scheme guys open when teams sit in two high safety looks or play Tampa two the entire game. 

Like I get it, I don't think ZT is an offensive mastermind when it comes to play design...but it's hard to pass 50 times a game when no team respects your running game and completely sells out to stop the pass.
Reply/Quote