Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee needs to tee off on the Steelers
(11-18-2022, 10:51 AM)higgy100 Wrote: 100% correct. Tee is a flat-out stud and no doubt a #1. The kid has been fighting an injury all season.Amazing how people watch a guy for a couple games play amazing, love him and talk about how the Bengals offense can't exist without him when Chase was struggling, and then a couple weeks he's not getting big numbers and now they don't need him or he's a solid 2.

He's not an elite #1 (and how many of those really are there? ) like Adams or Jefferson that catch 8-12 balls per game as those teams have entire offenses designed around them but he's plenty effective to be a #1.In fact, I hope to god they don't need to find him 10X a game going forward with all their weapons as it would also mean Mixon is running well, getting carries and they're playing with a lead.

You know it Higgy. Feel the exact same about Tee, it is okay to judge him if he was healthy, but he hasn't been, and still has 
been productive and that says something about him in a great way. Also true about there not being many elite #1's. There 
might be like 5 in the entire league and even they have off games if they are doubled or are banged up.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Here are my monsters for the week:  I think these guys literally hate the steelers like so many of us do, and they usually have big games against them:

Sam Hubbard-  WIll help set the edge and get at least one sack.  Hopefully, a sack-fumble. 

Joe Mixon-  I think he liked how last week feel, and I believe the steelers won't challenge the Bengals run game and will stay in two deep.  Make them pay, Joe.

Trey Hendrickson-  Feeds off the energy of the line as a whole, and with Reader and Sam fired up, we might see "Black Out Trey".

Jessie Bates-  The holdout didn't do him many favors, but I could see Jesse trying to make a statement this game.  Much like Fitzpatrick did the first game.  I know Jessie isn't that close-to-the-los guy that Fitz can be, but I could see a pick...or maybe two.

La'El Collins and Alex Kappa.  If o-linemen be elephants, elephants never forget.  I'm sure they remember that week 1 game, and will be looking forward to some of those double team sets where Collins peels off and heads to the next level. 

Hayden Hurst- Not sure why, but cold-weather game screams ginger viking.  Hope he breaks a few big ones. 

Ginger Viking, I like it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 05:55 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Genuine misread on mine and several others part it looks like. You mentioned Boyd being a #2 how no one views him as a #1. Then, you went back to Tee. I must have skipped over that part and just read your final sentence, where you said he can’t take it all the way etc.

I’m assuming that’s what others are doing, too. My bad.

In regards to Tee, it depends. I don't know what you mean by space, but perhaps separation? If so, that's really only relevant when analyzing man coverage. It becomes less important in zone due to how zone coverages operate. However, in regard to YAC...no, not really. Last year, Tee Higgins was 12th in YAC per reception among receivers with 100+ targets. He actually averaged more YAC per catch than Tyreek Hill and Jefferson. He was slightly below Davante Adams. This year he is 24th in the league, but still neck-and-neck with Tyreek Hill. YAC is up across the league, overall. In his rookie season, he was 15th. He has averaged roughly the same YAC/catch each season (4.5, 4.6, 4.1) so we have a pretty good idea of what type of player he will be there. 

Identifying a top guy can be tough but it is really just about production. Guys can be great at beating man coverage but not a top guy, or great at YAC and not be a top guy. Tee was producing like a top guy last season but has taken a dip this year. 

The only reason I mentioned Boyd is because the poster I was responding to mentioned Boyd. So I responded to that part. The rest of the post was about Higgins. 

Where are you getting those stats from? What I was looking at had him in like the 60s or 70s as far as YAC for the year. I may just be be dumb though and reading it wrong. 

I agree Tee can and has produced, but he did not do that as the #1 receiver. He did that as #2/#3. Teams aren't doubling Tee like they are Chase. I don't think anyone would consider Hunter Renfro a #1 WR but he's a great #2 and I dont think thats an insult. I think Tee is still really good, just would be on the bottom end of #1s. At least based on what he's shown at this point in his career.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2021/reg/all/receivingreceptions/desc
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 07:07 PM)TheFan Wrote: The only reason I mentioned Boyd is because the poster I was responding to mentioned Boyd. So I responded to that part. The rest of the post was about Higgins. 

Where are you getting those stats from? What I was looking at had him in like the 60s or 70s as far as YAC for the year. I may just be be dumb though and reading it wrong. 

I agree Tee can and has produced, but he did not do that as the #1 receiver. He did that as #2/#3. Teams aren't doubling Tee like they are Chase. I don't think anyone would consider Hunter Renfro a #1 WR but he's a great #2. I think he's still really good.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2021/reg/all/receivingreceptions/desc

Yeah, I realize, I just misread. My bad.

I am getting it from PFF, so may be some difference in YAC figures. Now, I am filtering on targets so that narrows the dataset down. I'm trying to eliminate guys who are low volume players who made a couple big plays. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 07:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I realize, I just misread. My bad.

I am getting it from PFF, so may be some difference in YAC figures. Now, I am filtering on targets so that narrows the dataset down. I'm trying to eliminate guys who are low volume players who made a couple big plays. 

My analysis is pretty rudimentary of just filtering by Rec YAC/R
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 01:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hasn't Boyd had a couple big games vs. Squeelers ?

Think he takes the game very seriously being raised just 15 miles from Pittsburgh and obviously played his college career in Pittsburgh. 

Certain he will have more friends and family in the stands than any other Bengals player. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Have to agree with The Fan in this debate and like he said it is no knock on Tee at all.

But at age 23 he has time to become an elite #1 WR, but he is not there yet.

Would like to see him emerge as a elite #1 starting this Sunday though.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 04:28 PM)TheFan Wrote: I never thought he was as good as Chase but I agree the debate of it being close to 1a and 1b should be put to rest. Higgins is a top notch #2 but he's done nothing to prove he's a #1 receiver. 

Not sure why someone secretly thumbs down instead of replying to try to prove their point.

Comparisons to our own guys don't matter.  Plenty of teams will pay him #1 money which is going to make it very difficult to compete with.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 04:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's crazy...before the season I was on the fence over who to resign...Higgins or Chase.

Now it's not even close. Chase all day. I am not even sure Higgins is a true #1 receiver.

Don't get me wrong, he's great...but I def think he is limited as a receiver.

(11-17-2022, 04:28 PM)TheFan Wrote: I never thought he was as good as Chase but I agree the debate of it being close to 1a and 1b should be put to rest. Higgins is a top notch #2 but he's done nothing to prove he's a #1 receiver. 

Not sure why someone secretly thumbs down instead of replying to try to prove their point.

Agree to all of the above

Call me crazy but I’d rather have Boyd. More versatile, rarely gets hurt, plays harder, better hands, more clutch.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 11:58 AM)Whacked Wrote: Agree to all of the above

Call me crazy but I’d rather have Boyd. More versatile, rarely gets hurt, plays harder, better hands, more clutch.

Good arguments for Boyd over Tee honestly.
Reply/Quote
He did pretty good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
so it will be written so it will be done! Tee TEED off today ! Great day for him and JB (minus the two flukey picks)
time for a playoff run! lets F'ing go!
Reply/Quote
148 yards for Tee

I’m eating all sorts of crow today
Reply/Quote
Higgins stepped up when needed the most, great game

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Tee hung tough today. Bet he’s sore tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Tee hung tough today. Bet he’s sore tomorrow.

When he went up high for that one throw and landed 
Hard and he didn't get up right away I though "Noooo"
But Tee played like a number 1 today .totally under rated on this board 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:35 PM)Whacked Wrote: 148 yards for Tee

I’m eating all sorts of crow today

No you're not. Those are just typed words. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Tee hung tough today. Bet he’s sore tomorrow.

Scary play. Dalton used to do that to AJ almost weekly.

Reply/Quote
And he did

But I hope Chase is back soon, real soon.
Reply/Quote
Tee's ankle clearly felt better yesterday. Like I said, when he is healthy is when he should be judged. Played like a #1
with 148 yards running crisp routes while Burrow carved up the stilla secondary.

Cool
Reply/Quote