Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee officially switching to 5
Tee is officially switching to #5 and this video is pretty sick.

Reply/Quote
5 is alive
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Maybe it is a good omen about a contract extension...why bother changing the number for 1 year =

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
As long as he doesn't change his name to Tee Cinco
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Tee is going to win a Super Bowl in the #5 jersey.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if it will cause problems with jersey sales because didn’t the jersey company get mad at Chad Johnson or try to prevent him from changing his name to Ocho Cinco because they had so many jerseys already made or something?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 12:44 PM)pally Wrote: Maybe it is a good omen about a contract extension...why bother changing the number for 1 year =

Was thinking the same thing Pally. Also pretty neat how they meshed Chad back in the day with Tee...
Reply/Quote
Now they just need someone to wear #3 to have the 5-1-3 boys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 01:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wonder if it will cause problems with jersey sales because didn’t the jersey company get mad at Chad Johnson or try to prevent him from changing his name to Ocho Cinco because they had so many jerseys already made or something?

Tee announced he would change his number for the 2023 season last year.   The rule is if a player changes numbers they have to buy all the unsold jerseys unless they announce the year prior they are changing which he did. So he should not encounter any problems.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 01:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wonder if it will cause problems with jersey sales because didn’t the jersey company get mad at Chad Johnson or try to prevent him from changing his name to Ocho Cinco because they had so many jerseys already made or something?

If the players give a year's notice of a potential number change then there is no penalty.  Tee announced at the beginning of the 2021 season of his intention to change numbers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 01:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Tee announced he would change his number for the 2023 season last year.   The rule is if a player changes numbers they have to buy all the unsold jerseys unless they announce the year prior they are changing which he did.  So he should not encounter any problems.

(03-29-2023, 01:53 PM)pally Wrote: If the players give a year's notice of a potential number change then there is no penalty.  Tee announced at the beginning of the 2021 season of his intention to change numbers

[Image: dana-carvey-johnny-carson.gif]

But it makes sense.

Hopefully that means we can keep him here. I know it won't have much of an impact, but if he's getting comfortable being here with a new number, maybe he has intentions on doing everything he can to stay here.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 02:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hopefully that means we can keep him here. I know it won't have much of an impact, but if he's getting comfortable being here with a new number, maybe he has intentions on doing everything he can to stay here.

Hopefully if he does hit free agency any team that makes him an offer already has a player using number 5 and they would want $10 million dollars to trade the number to Tee.   Might help keep him here.    Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 01:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Tee announced he would change his number for the 2023 season last year.   The rule is if a player changes numbers they have to buy all the unsold jerseys unless they announce the year prior they are changing which he did.  So he should not encounter any problems.

Unlike Micah Parsons who announced yesterday that he's wearing #0 this year. Unless there's a clause because the number was not an option last year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unlike Micah Parsons who announced yesterday that he's wearing #0 this year. Unless there's a clause because the number was not an option last year. 

I'm not sure.  My guess is he'll have to pay to change just like anyone else.  I can't find any recent news on if the newly released "0" exempts players from the rule.  My guess is it doesn't because well, money.   

On a similar note Deebo Samuel was considering a change to "1" but didn't like the price tag.  Much like Tee expressed and why he delayed the change to this year.   

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10070430-49ers-deebo-samuel-eyeing-change-to-no-1-jersey-says-nfl-wants-wayyyy-too-much

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I got 5 on it!!!

Lalala
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Tee has big shoes to fill. The last Bengal to wear 5 was the legend himself - Vanilla Vick.

[Image: ryan_finley_teeth.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 01:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Now they just need someone to wear #3 to have the 5-1-3 boys.

Apparently Nick Scott is taking 3.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee has big shoes to fill. The last Bengal to wear 5 was the legend himself - Vanilla Vick.

[Image: ryan_finley_teeth.jpg]

Classic. Finley will live forever in Bengal lore for that LMAO!!! Hilarious

Never gets old either.  Smirk

(03-29-2023, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently Nick Scott is taking 3.

Really? Got 3 Bricks in a sock for them dirty stealer bastids! MadSmack
Reply/Quote
#5 ordered. I'll still rock the 85 from time to time.
Reply/Quote
Told y'all Tee wasn't leaving, and Katie pretty much confirmed it yesterday that they are working on extensions for Burrow, Higgins and Wilson.
Reply/Quote