Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee's trade value(Hypothetical)
So if the Bengals trade Tee (in the offseason) what would you expect for trade Value?

For me it would at least take a First Rd pick and a 3rd rd pick or Significant player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't think there will be much trade value right at this moment. Teams don't typically want to trade away picks just yet for 1-year rentals.
If it's getting into mid-late October, we'll start seeing which teams are actually competing and want that extra receiver power and thus will pay a premium for someone like Higgins.
With that said, the Bengals' window is now, so I cannot imagine them willing to trade away Higgins to another contender.
Their offense would be heavily impacted, as they can't realistically maintain their offense to the same level with Irwin or a green Iosivas just yet.

I'd want at least a 2nd rounder, if not a late 1st for Higgins though because it would impact the Bengals' postseason push this year, and that deserves to be an expensive return.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think there will be much trade value right at this moment. Teams don't typically want to trade away picks just yet for 1-year rentals.
If it's getting into mid-late October, we'll start seeing which teams are actually competing and want that extra receiver power and thus will pay a premium for someone like Higgins.
With that said, the Bengals' window is now, so I cannot imagine them willing to trade away Higgins to another contender.
Their offense would be heavily impacted, as they can't realistically maintain their offense to the same level with Irwin or a green Iosivas just yet.

I'd want at least a 2nd rounder, if not a late 1st for Higgins though because it would impact the Bengals' postseason push this year, and that deserves to be an expensive return.
To clarify I think they would only consider to trade him in the offseason.

The only way I see them trading Tee away noe is if a team was willing to trade a WR back in return.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:27 PM)J24 Wrote: To clarify I think they would only consider to trade him in the offseason.

The only way I see them trading Tee away noe is if a team was willing to trade a WR back in return.

Like as in next offseason? Just before FA hits?

If so, I'm not sure anyone would care to give up something in that case, but if they did I imagine it wouldn't be more than a 4th rounder.
And you're gonna get probably a 3rd round comp pick from the deal he signs in FA, so I dunno if a Day 3 pick is worth it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Like as in next offseason? Just before FA hits?

If so, I'm not sure anyone would care to give up something in that case, but if they did I imagine it wouldn't be more than a 4th rounder.
And you're gonna get probably a 3rd round comp pick from the deal he signs in FA, so I dunno if a Day 3 pick is worth it.

How do you figure that? The Bengals will 100% Tag him next offseason and Tee will 100% be a top 10 WR at only 25 years of age. His value is going to be sky come march! He will be a Bengal asset next season no matter what.
J24

Reply/Quote
First, if there is no extension you can make book the Bengals will Tag Tee. So any move is a sign and trade. Any asking price would start with a first rounder minimum.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:38 PM)J24 Wrote: How do you figure that? The Bengals will 100% Tag him next offseason and Tee will 100% be a top 10 WR at only 25 years of age. His value is going to be sky come march! He will be a Bengal asset next season no matter what.

You don't know that.
You can assume it, but sometimes tags don't always happen that some/most expect.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Problem with trading Tee next year is that the draft is full of bigger Wide Receivers that could lower his value. 2023 would have been a perfect year to trade Tee because the WR class was medicore.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You don't know that.
You can assume it, but sometimes tags don't always happen that some/most expect.

If Tee isn't tagged then this franchise doesn't know what their doing.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Problem with trading Tee next year is that the draft is full of bigger Wide Receivers that could lower his value. 2023 would have been a perfect year to trade Tee because the WR class was medicore.
Tee is a proven Commodity vs unproven rookie. If you're a team with a franchise QB you and no #1 WR you will trade for Tee unless you have a shot at Harrison.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:48 PM)J24 Wrote: If Tee isn't tagged then this franchise doesn't know what their doing.

Agree, if we cannot extend him, you HAVE to tag him. It only is what is best for the team so we can get some more out of him.

(09-08-2023, 03:50 PM)J24 Wrote: Tee is a proven Commodity vs unproven rookie. If you're a team with a franchise QB you and no #1 WR you will trade for Tee unless you have a shot at Harrison.

Good points as well. Proven is proven. We don't even know if Marvin Harrison Jr will be as good as Tee Higgins in the NFL...

We just do not know with the Draft.

BTW, I also think we can get a couple of picks if we tag Tee and trade him, an early 2nd rounder and a mid rounder at least especially
if he has a great year this year which I expect if he stays healthy. Teams will still try to take away Chase the most and live and die with
Tee on the edge and in the RZ.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Problem with trading Tee next year is that the draft is full of bigger Wide Receivers that could lower his value. 2023 would have been a perfect year to trade Tee because the WR class was medicore.

Tee would be more valuable to trade this year.  That way the team that traded for him would have this year and next year if they wanted to tag him if they couldnt get a contract worked out.  I dont know how much value Tee will have in a trade next year for one season.  When all the talk was happening in the spring about a possible trade is when they should have done it.
Reply/Quote
I'm okay not getting anything back for Tee - your window is now it's SB or bust.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 04:35 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm okay not getting anything back for Tee - your window is now it's SB or bust.

If you were the decision maker for a franchise that was truly in "SB or bust" window, would you look to put a tag on Higgins (expected $20+ mill), or would you instead invest that money toward a(nother) position of weakness?
For example, with RT looking like a (huge) need, do you spend to get a new RT instead?

I personally trust the Bengals to draft and develop a WR far more than I expect them to do that with OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 05:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you were the decision maker for a franchise that was truly in "SB or bust" window, would you look to put a tag on Higgins (expected $20+ mill), or would you instead invest that money toward a(nother) position of weakness?
For example, with RT looking like a (huge) need, do you spend to get a new RT instead?

I personally trust the Bengals to draft and develop a WR far more than I expect them to do that with OL.

I'd keep Tee this year for the SB run.

Offseason tag and trade before the draft if you can get at least a 2nd rounder. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:03 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'd keep Tee this year for the SB run.

Offseason tag and trade before the draft if you can get at least a 2nd rounder. 

What if you can't get a 2nd rounder before tag deadline?
Tag him with risk you can't find a trade partner at the cost you want or let him walk?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What if you can't get a 2nd rounder before tag deadline?
Tag him with risk you can't find a trade partner at the cost you want or let him walk?

I'd let him walk... if Burrow is who we think he is we can get similar production from a vet free agent. Or draft one in the 1st or 2nd round with the Bengals track record on WR I like our chances
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think there will be much trade value right at this moment. Teams don't typically want to trade away picks just yet for 1-year rentals.

Trading Tee for a late 1 is like trading for Dax hill or Myles Murphy. No thank you. They need to find a way to pay Tee. Probably shouldn’t have given Wilson and Pratt deals. Cut Mixon, cut Boyd. Burrow Chase and Higgins are the offense. Everyone else is just an added piece
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'd let him walk... if Burrow is who we think he is we can get similar production from a vet free agent. Or draft one in the 1st or 2nd round with the Bengals track record on WR I like our chances

Nailed it.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 01:34 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Trading Tee for a late 1 is like trading for Dax hill or Myles Murphy. No thank you. They need to find a way to pay Tee. Probably shouldn’t have given Wilson and Pratt deals. Cut Mixon, cut Boyd. Burrow Chase and Higgins are the offense. Everyone else is just an added piece

Tee Higgins himself was 33rd overall pick...
WRs typically contribute early.

I have no problem getting a WR early in draft.

Also, you bring up Hill and Murphy.
Hill would have contributed earlier if not for Bates and Bell in front of him last year.
Murphy also has 3-4 guys ahead of him, but he's more of a project than Hill was, IMO.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote