Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen with full ride to 20 colleges requests public apology from Fox affiliate
(04-17-2018, 09:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: A person with a public forum insulted him.

He then agreed to give them an interview as long as she apologized for insulting him.  She did.

That's the story.

Anyone attacking the student as "weak" and "beta" is probably just projecting.

But then those people probably are just jealous of what this student achieved while crediting his mother and not his father. 

Because:

Maybe his father should step in so his son learns how to handle some adversity the correct way. At this kids current rate he will be crying about every other comment made for the rest of his life.
(04-17-2018, 10:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe his father should step in so his son learns how to handle some adversity the correct way.    At this kids current rate he will be crying about every other comment made for the rest of his life.

Again, projection.

He handled it calmly and with dignity.  And he's shown to be more mature than many of the adults discussing it. 

Any attempt to spin it any other way is simply wrongheaded or trolling for the sake of having an argument.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Hey cool, we're insulting children again.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-16-2018, 10:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Demanding/begging for an apology is a weak move.   It’s what a beta does.  

2. Had he called her an Idiot and just moved on he would still have the upper hand.  

She would have been left looking weak.  

My child would not be begging for/demanding an apology.  You don’t beg/demand for an apology from someone who doesn’t respect you.  It’s pointless.  You just take away their air and make them Small.

I thought Betas would "take the hit" as you suggested.

But it is quite possible that the Alpha/Beta distinction is maybe not the best guide for our youth, unless we want a country of right wing nationalists who do not analyze discourse situations and think of long term outcomes.

Public debates would be so easy if all one had to do to make the other side look "weak" was call him/her an "idiot." 

By demanding, and getting, an apology, this "Beta" took away Ingraham's air, and almost got her knocked off the air.

How did you miss this?  What he did was far more effective than bending over, as you recommended.

Now Laura and the rest of the right wing kid bashers are on notice.  They would not be, had this kid bent over--"like a man," Smirk --as you suggested.
(04-17-2018, 12:13 PM)Dill Wrote: I thought Betas would "take the hit" as you suggested.

But it is quite possible that the Alpha/Beta distinction is maybe not the best guide for our youth, unless we want a country of right wing nationalists who do not analyze discourse situations and think of long term outcomes.

Public debates would be so easy if all one had to do to make the other side look "weak" was call him/her an "idiot." 

By demanding, and getting, an apology, this "Beta" took away Ingraham's air, and almost got her knocked off the air.

How did you miss this?  What he did was far more effective than bending over, as you recommended.

Now Laura and the rest of the right wing kid bashers are on notice.  They would not be, had this kid bent over--"like a man," Smirk --as you suggested.

Betas whine and cry. They don’t handle their own problems they call for help from the mob to shame the person who did them wrong.

This kid, and I assume you were referring to Hogg, are both betas. Those type of men get eaten live as adults.
(04-17-2018, 01:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Betas whine and cry.  They don’t handle their own problems they call for help from the mob to shame the person who did them wrong.  

This kid, and I assume you were referring to Hogg, are both betas.   Those type of men get eaten live as adults.

Except neither "whined and cried".  That is all coming from, well, you.

Both students acted maturely and got positive results.

(04-13-2018, 07:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Adult insulting a child just makes the adult look terrible.   

ThumbsUp
(04-17-2018, 01:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Except neither "whined and cried".  That is all coming from, well, you.

Both students acted maturely and got positive results.

ThumbsUp

Lol.... they both cried as soon as they “demanded” an apology from a complete stranger whose opinion is irrelevant.
(04-17-2018, 02:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is zero reason to even go after an apology unless this random woman actually mattered in this kids life.  Gotta toughen up, people are. Going to say negative things to him the rest of his life.  

This is a life lesson better learned how to deflect the negative response of those who do Not matter. Instead of going after them looking for an apology when you know their apology is empty.  Plus you just let them know they got to you.

Unintelligible.
(04-17-2018, 09:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol.... they both cried as soon as they “demanded” an apology from a complete stranger whose opinion is irrelevant.

Forcing her on "vacation" for a week and threatening her job--an opinion leader for the Right, no less.  She was unable to win permission for her cohorts to publicly bash high school kids without penalty because these kids did not follow your advice.

Better hope those "Betas" don't come after you, Lucy . . . .
(04-18-2018, 03:45 PM)Dill Wrote: Forcing her on "vacation" for a week and threatening her job--an opinion leader for the Right, no less.  She was unable to win permission for her cohorts to publicly bash high school kids without penalty because these kids did not follow your advice.

Better hope those "Betas" don't come after you, Lucy . . . .

Did they force her? Or was the vacation already set up for the holiday? Fox routinely does this around the holidays.

Also I wouldn’t call Laura Ingraham an opinion leader on the right. That’s a little much.

See betas everyday. They do what betas do, avoid one on one confrontation and cry for help. The worst is when you see a male beta.
Thank god we don't see any beta males here. I imagine if we did they'd be whining about children being bullies to the wealthy, statues, professors, and text books.

Can we get an "alpha" mood just so people don't confuse us with betas?

(04-18-2018, 11:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Did they force her?  Or was the vacation already set up for the holiday?  Fox routinely does this around the holidays.  

Also I wouldn’t call Laura Ingraham an opinion leader on the right.  That’s a little much.  

See betas everyday.  They do what betas do, avoid one on one confrontation and cry for help.  The worst is when you see a male beta.

Ho ho, Fox routinely does this when advertisers start pulling their money. And Ingraham did not get her coveted spot on Fox because she was NOT an opinion leader.

I don't see many male betas.  Not really looking for them, male or female.  People who lean into one one one confrontation can also be crying for help, can't they?  Fragile egos that have to constantly prove their easily challenged manhood.
(04-17-2018, 09:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol.... they both cried as soon as they “demanded” an apology from a complete stranger whose opinion is irrelevant.

Caution! You shouldn't be on here trolling posting stories just to cause arguments. You could get banned by the powers that be. ThumbsUp
(04-17-2018, 11:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hey cool, we're insulting children again.

Remember, it's only wrong when the OTHER side does it. ThumbsUp
(04-19-2018, 01:53 AM)Dill Wrote: Ho ho, Fox routinely does this when advertisers start pulling their money. And Ingraham did not get her coveted spot on Fox because she was NOT an opinion leader.

I don't see many male betas.  Not really looking for them, male or female.  People who lean into one one one confrontation can also be crying for help, can't they?  Fragile egos that have to constantly prove their easily challenged manhood.

Dill, we both know you see betas every day. Same who got wedgies as kids, made fun of and mocked until they finally stood up for themselves. At the very least they should have found an alpha to hide behind.

Big fear is my daughter brings home one of these types. Hopefully they don’t have to be the man in their relationships.
(04-19-2018, 08:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dill, we both know you see betas every day.  Same who got wedgies as kids, made fun of and mocked until they finally stood up for themselves.   At the very least they should have found an alpha to hide behind.  

Big fear is my daughter brings home one of these types.  Hopefully they don’t have to be the man in their relationships.

Yeah, standing up for themselves!  Like being polite and getting an apology...   Smirk

But if your daughter brings home an Alpha what will that make you in their lives?   Cool