Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teeth pulled
Ugh, ran into a fence post going for a softball that was close to going over my head. Caught it, hit the outfield fence post face first and did damage to my bottom front teeth. I was a little loopy and was spitting up blood, but managed to throw the ball (about 15ft) towards the relay guy to make a throw to home on a runner who tagged and wanted to score. He made the throw and nailed the guy at home plate. I was spitting blood, but jogged off the field feeling awesomeness.

It’s been 30yrs since that happened. Was eating an ear of corn and a front tooth folded over. Went to dentist and x-rays confirmed front 4 bottom teeth damaged. Bone had deteriorated away. He asked me, “have you ever had an impact there?” Lol, I remembered right away what it was from.

Rest in peace lost teeth. You were “Army Strong” for so many years. Damn it hurts though. Thank god for bridges so I can keep on being sexy. Well, at least to my wife anyway. But I don’t trust her judgement. LMAO

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Genetics hasn't been kind. I've got more crowns than all of Europe combined.
Reply/Quote
I got really tired of dental pain over the years and had all of mine pulled out so now it's just dentures top and bottom..bad dental genetics. My mother had hers all pulled, I did and now both of my kids are having the same problems.. At least my dentures look good instead of some folks whose dentures stick out like a sore thumb . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 08:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: I got really tired of dental pain over the years and had all of mine pulled out so now it's just dentures top and bottom..bad dental genetics. My mother had hers all pulled, I did and now both of my kids are having the same problems.. At least my dentures look good instead of some folks whose dentures stick out like a sore thumb . 

I have been toying with the idea of doing that. After buying several dentists homes and putting several of their kids through college, I'm about fed up with the expenses of keeping the natural teeth. Of course, they all want to try and talk me out of it. But the next problem I have, I'm decided.

All that said, the last root canal and crown I had was six years ago. I changed my diet to mostly veggies and fruits and got rid of most sugar, gluten, lactose, etc. I also switched from fluoride toothpastes to a mix of green tea powder and baking soda. I have not had a single cavity or dental problem since.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 04:38 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I have been toying with the idea of doing that. After buying several dentists homes and putting several of their kids through college, I'm about fed up with the expenses of keeping the natural teeth. Of course, they all want to try and talk me out of it. But the next problem I have, I'm decided.

All that said, the last root canal and crown I had was six years ago. I changed my diet to mostly veggies and fruits and got rid of most sugar, gluten, lactose, etc. I also switched from fluoride toothpastes to a mix of green tea powder and baking soda. I have not had a single cavity or dental problem since.

I thought about doing implants, but wife thought I would look silly with boobies. LMAO

But seriously, implants are between $1300-1500 a piece. Wife has a bridge and she said it works great. So I went the cheaper route. It’s a lot of pain at first tho. Well, more agitated soreness more than pain, but I like my new teeth and I think it will turn out fine.

Although, I really wish the dentist wouldn’t have told me I couldn’t smoke for 7 days. It’s like my mind took that as a challenge. Just opened my 3rd pack of cigarettes in 48hrs. Good lord, I don’t even smoke that much? It’s like when he said it, I had a “hold my beer” moment.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 12:45 AM)Benton Wrote: Genetics hasn't been kind. I've got more crowns than all of Europe combined.

Having the same issue, does this mean we are both descended from royalty?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 09:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought about doing implants, but wife thought I would look silly with boobies. LMAO

But seriously, implants are between $1300-1500 a piece. Wife has a bridge and she said it works great. So I went the cheaper route. It’s a lot of pain at first tho. Well, more agitated soreness more than pain, but I like my new teeth and I think it will turn out fine.

Although, I really wish the dentist wouldn’t have told me I couldn’t smoke for 7 days. It’s like my mind took that as a challenge. Just opened my 3rd pack of cigarettes in 48hrs. Good lord, I don’t even smoke that much? It’s like when he said it, I had a “hold my beer” moment.

No implants for me. Too expensive and I'm not into them digging metal shafts into my skull. No, I would just have them all pulled and get old school dentures. ThumbsUp

Yeah, I know bridges. Got two. And more crowns than Game of Thrones.

Have you tried the nicotine patch? I used to do that at times when I couldn't smoke for long periods, like airplane trips.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 12:46 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: No implants for me. Too expensive and I'm not into them digging metal shafts into my skull. No, I would just have them all pulled and get old school dentures. ThumbsUp

Yeah, I know bridges. Got two. And more crowns than Game of Thrones.

Have you tried the nicotine patch? I used to do that at times when I couldn't smoke for long periods, like airplane trips.

I tried nicotine patches a few years ago. Accidentally quit smoking for 2yrs. Don't want to make that mistake again. That was the worst 2yrs of my life.

Reply/Quote