Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Me Why...
...the Pittsburgh Steelers, after a horrific 1-4 start to the season, are now 6-5 and in position for a wild card playoff spot after

1. Losing Ben Roethlisberger.
2. Losing Le’Veon Bell to the Jets.
3. Losing Antonio Brown to first the Oakland Raiders and then to insanity.
4. Maurkice Pouncey was suspended.
5. Starting third- and fourth-string quarterbacks.
6. Losing James Conner.

Could it possibly be their defense and their offensive line are so good it doesn’t matter who the skill players are?

Why haven’t the Bengals learned anything from this after going 0-10 against the Steelers since 2015?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Care to take a guess why Baltimore is doing so well?

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Care to take a guess why Baltimore is doing so well?

Lamar Jackson. That’s obvious.

However, what happens if Lamar goes down? Would the Ravens have the same offensive production with RG3 or Trace McSorley?
Reply/Quote
If you don't think the subpar QB play isnt holding the Steelers back you are blind.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Better owner, better coaches, better organizational method/morale, make moves while we make excuses, benched a lousy QB while we kept our lousy QB on the field...etc
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:50 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...the Pittsburgh Steelers, after a horrific 1-4 start to the season, are now 6-5 and in position for a wild card playoff spot after

6. Losing James Conner.

Could it possibly be their defense and their offensive line are so good it doesn’t matter who the skill players are?

Why haven’t the Bengals learned anything from this after going 0-10 against the Steelers since 2015?

Definitely defense and offensive line has a lot to do with at least being competitive, and as much as I may hate the guy, they have really good coaches all over the roster. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 12:10 PM)Synric Wrote: If you don't think the subpar QB play isnt holding the Steelers back you are blind.

It totally is!... If Ben were still in there, they'd be plugging right along.

Baltimore's success is more than just Lamar though. Greg Roman, who got the most outta Kaepernick too (almost like coaching matters), reconstructed that entire offense around what he does well. I do think there's an expiration date on Lamar's style of play, and if he wants a long career he'd better keep improving his pocket passing skills... But for now; he's killing it. It doesn't hurt that their defense is still really good either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Steelers and Ravens did stuff to improve while we stood pat for years waiting for them to take a step back while hoping the Browns could never be good. Generic rant, though.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 12:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel like the Steelers and Ravens did stuff to improve while we stood pat for years waiting for them to take a step back while hoping the Browns could never be good. Generic rant, though.

The other teams in the AFC East say the same about the Patriots and the Bills. Cleveland mirrors the Jets and Cincinnati mirrors the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:50 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...the Pittsburgh Steelers, after a horrific 1-4 start to the season, are now 6-5 and in position for a wild card playoff spot after

6. Losing James Conner.

They lost their Offensive Line Coach also in Mike Munchak who was highly praised.
Reply/Quote
It’s the culture. Losing is no biggie here. “The worm will turn”, “We did some good things”, “We’ll go to war with what we’ve got”, and other such loserisms.
Reply/Quote

6. Losing James Conner.

they got the trenches and the cant lose mentality....

We got the already lost mentality.

oh and as much as it pins me Tomlin >>> ZT
Reply/Quote
What really turned the Steelers around was trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick. Their defense has been lights out since he came over, and he's been a turnover creating machine. I have to admit, I thought they were crazy giving up a 1st round pick for him, but it's just another example of the Steelers knowing how to best use a player's abilities within their scheme.

That's a deal you'd never see the Bengals make, let alone during the season.
Reply/Quote
How many wins do Steeler's have against teams with a wining record?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:39 PM)Fullrock Wrote: What really turned the Steelers around was trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick. Their defense has been lights out since he came over, and he's been a turnover creating machine. I have to admit, I thought they were crazy giving up a 1st round pick for him, but it's just another example of the Steelers knowing how to best use a player's abilities within their scheme.

He's like DB equivalent to Khalil Mack.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:39 PM)Fullrock Wrote: What really turned the Steelers around was trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick. Their defense has been lights out since he came over, and he's been a turnover creating machine. I have to admit, I thought they were crazy giving up a 1st round pick for him, but it's just another example of the Steelers knowing how to best use a player's abilities within their scheme.

Minkah Fitzpatrick came off the board early in the 2018 Draft and he didn’t fit in Miami’s defense at all. However, in Pittsburgh, the Steelers have finally found a true successor to Troy Polamalu — but Minkah is better.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many wins do Steeler's have against teams with a wining record?

2 as it stands now...Colts and Rams.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many wins do Steeler's have against teams with a wining record?

More than the Bengals
Reply/Quote

I saw Mike Tomlin get interviewed about the Minkah trade and he said they wanted a Safety that they knew could cover tight ends.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 12:23 PM)jason Wrote: It totally is!... If Ben were still in there, they'd be plugging right along.

Baltimore's success is more than just Lamar though. Greg Roman, who got the most outta Kaepernick too (almost like coaching matters), reconstructed that entire offense around what he does well. I do think there's an expiration date on Lamar's style of play, and if he wants a long career he'd better keep improving his pocket passing skills... But for now; he's killing it. It doesn't hurt that their defense is still really good either.

Could be that both teams see their needs and fill them with "quality"free agents or trades while the Bengals.....
Reply/Quote