Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Me Why...
Ownership culture coaching
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Superbowl or not, we haven't won a single playoff game in many of our fans lifetime. To them, nothing has changed.

If the Super Bowl Championship is all that matters then these same fans must consider over half of the league losers, not just the Bengals, and agree that nothing has changed for ANY OF THOSE TEAMS.

But that would be extremely stupid because it is obvious that many teams have improved or declined dramatically.

(12-02-2019, 04:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  It's like golf, you don't win 1st place, you're a perennial phil mickelson. Or worse, simply a no namer. Nobody remembers 3rd place, and most don't even remember 2nd.

Uh, by citing Phil Milkelson you just proved that people DO remember who finishes second.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Once upon a time everything clicked on our team and Andy Dalton was the one holding us back. Now nothing clicks and Andy Dalton is the one holding us up for air.

Superbowl or not, we haven't won a single playoff game in many of our fans lifetime. To them, nothing has changed. It's like golf, you don't win 1st place, you're a perennial phil mickelson. Or worse, simply a no namer. Nobody remembers 3rd place, and most don't even remember 2nd.

(12-02-2019, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, by citing Phil Milkelson you just proved that people DO remember who finishes second.

Yeah. That's what he said.  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. That's what he said.  Mellow

EVERY golf fan knows about all of Mickelson's second place finishes.

But my main point was that based on this logic NOTHING HAS CHANGED for over half of the teams in the league since 1991.

Do you agree with that statement?
Reply/Quote
Also, for the mere fact that Phil has become infamous for finishing 2nd, so he was a poor example lol. Name the 2nd place team in the last 10 years of superbowls without looking it up. If you can, you are the minority. I can barely remember the 1st place team. I'm not one for participation type trophy antics. You can be happy but you'd be happier with being in 1st.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:36 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Ownership culture coaching

Steroids, luck, preferential treatment by NFL, playing in a weak division. (Not necessarily in that order)
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: EVERY golf fan knows about all of Mickelson's second place finishes.

But my main point was that based on this logic NOTHING HAS CHANGED for over half of the teams in the league since 1991.

Not really because other teams don't operate the same way the Bengals do and no other team hasn't won a playoff game since then. 

But i don't agree that "nothing has changed" for the Bengals either. They've dipped their toes in the deeper water some. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:50 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...the Pittsburgh Steelers, after a horrific 1-4 start to the season, are now 6-5 and in position for a wild card playoff spot after

1. Losing Ben Roethlisberger.
2. Losing Le’Veon Bell to the Jets.
3. Losing Antonio Brown to first the Oakland Raiders and then to insanity.
4. Maurkice Pouncey was suspended.
5. Starting third- and fourth-string quarterbacks.
6. Losing James Conner.

Could it possibly be their defense and their offensive line are so good it doesn’t matter who the skill players are?

Why haven’t the Bengals learned anything from this after going 0-10 against the Steelers since 2015?

Coaching and really no need to look any further than that.

For all of Marvin's success, beating the Steelers just wasn't one of them and it cost dearly. Reminds me of John Cooper at Ohio State who couldn't beat Michigan. Since then it's been all Buckeyes.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is sad that some people love playing the victim so much that they ignore reality so they can continue to live in the 90's

Bengals 1991-2002...….. Zero winning seasons. Dead last in wining percentage among all teams that existed for that entire era.
Bengals 2003-present.... Top half of league in winning percentage.  Top 10 in playoff seasons.

The Bengals still have not won a Super Bowl since the start of the nineties but neither has over half of the teams in the league.  We have not won the ultimate prize, but anyone who claims that NOTHING HAS CHANGED is just going through mental gymnastics in order to glorify his victim status.

Yeah dude , we won Sunday and are 1-11 . Quit being so negative. Hell we have won 22 games the last FOUR YEARS . How dare you be so negative.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:50 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...the Pittsburgh Steelers, after a horrific 1-4 start to the season, are now 6-5 and in position for a wild card playoff spot after

1. Losing Ben Roethlisberger.
2. Losing Le’Veon Bell to the Jets.
3. Losing Antonio Brown to first the Oakland Raiders and then to insanity.
4. Maurkice Pouncey was suspended.
5. Starting third- and fourth-string quarterbacks.
6. Losing James Conner.

Could it possibly be their defense and their offensive line are so good it doesn’t matter who the skill players are?

Why haven’t the Bengals learned anything from this after going 0-10 against the Steelers since 2015?
As every intelligent football fan knows it all starts with your lines.IF you look at the teams that are in the playoffs each year they all have dominate lines.YOu must have top draft picks for your lines.NO one can sack the steelers qb because he has superior lineman that keeps him clean.When you get to the big big games in dec and jan, its usually the Defensive lines that control everything and the Offensive lineman that allows their qb to score.When Dalton had time sunday because his line blocked their asres off for him he had time to hit the receivers.Nuff said.Gotta build the lines folks and it all starts with CHASE YOUNG.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: EVERY golf fan knows about all of Mickelson's second place finishes.

I'd take a 2nd place finish.

An 11/12 place finish has been the Bengals best finish in the past 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:56 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah dude , we won Sunday and are 1-11 . Quit being so negative. Hell we have won 22 games the last FOUR YEARS . How dare you be so negative.

Not sure what this has to do with my post that you quoted.

But just for the record you are saying nothing changed with the Bengals from '91-'02 to '03-present.  You did not see anything different between those two time periods?
Reply/Quote