Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Temper your expectations
(07-24-2017, 09:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I would like to see how fundamentally sound he'll be in a new position.
Not questioning strength or size, but the lack of experience he has there. I heard the same thing about Ced playing RT. That didn't turn out well. Just saying learning a new position in the NFL is no easy task or every lineman will be masters of multiple positions

Ced played mostly on the right side in college first at guard then RT before moving to LT his last year (which he only played part of the season before being hurt.)

I'm hoping we get a big whit to LG kinda production out of Andre. I thought Whit was a better guard than tackle and as one of the top 3 left tackles in football that's saying something lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When Smith was drafted, there were some articles talking about how he projected as a Top Tier Guard.

With the type of body structure he has...playing Guard makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 12:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Ced played mostly on the right side in college first at guard then RT before moving to LT his last year (which he only played part of the season before being hurt.)

I'm hoping we get a big whit to LG kinda production out of Andre. I thought Whit was a better guard than tackle and as one of the top 3 left tackles in football that's saying something lol.

Yep, that's my point. Ced played that in college and looked awful in the NFL there when going to the bigs. I get it's easier on the interior vs edge, but it's still a brand new position to a guy that's already just ok at his current spot. What makes everyone think he's going to be at the very least serviceable when there's evidence to prove otherwise?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 08:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and we overcome major injuries to our core players.. outside of the o-line (which is still major issue coming in) I believe we have upgraded our team in many areas :  

1. LBS:  added a solid one in Minter, added speed and youth
2. CBs:  retained Dre,, have Jackson coming in really as a semi rookie #1, more experience coming back with others
3. Dline:  got younger on line and have Billings coming back from injury, so depth should be good with a rotation
4. WR: Added speed for sure.. kept Lafell, 2 year now for Boyd and Core
5. RB; Gio looks like will be fine,, added Mixon to go with Hill
6. TE:  No setbacks in offseason with any of them... 
7. QB:  Dalton healthy coming in and still have one of the top backups in the league behind him.

I like this post.   Starts by acknowledging that the O-line is the big question and moves on:
  1. Add Lawson as a potentially bomb SAM
  2. I like the depth with Shaw and Russell
  3. Between Billings, Glascow and Tupou we have some interesting answers to the problem of stopping the run last year.  With Willis and Lawson we have some hope for increased pressure off the edge.
  4. I think the performance increase of LaFell, Boyd and Core may be underestimated
  5. I'm psyched about Mixon, and I will be interested to see how a healthy Hill impacts this year
  6. They should all be better - and I like our new guy
  7. Enough said.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 12:10 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: If Ced O doesn't massively improve from how bad he was last year Andy will be out for the year by week 6. 

If he struggles they cant wait to put TE help over there.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 05:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If he struggles they cant wait to put TE help over there.

Not to mention he struggled last year terribly and Dalton survived the entire season.

I know he wasn't on Dalton's blindside but still.

Like you said we can use a TE to help Og out if he continues to struggle and short, quick routes getting the ball out quickly.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 05:33 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm tempering my expectations because even if they're great, Marvin probably won't play them.  I saw an article already where he was downplaying Mixon and saying how young he is, so we're probably stuck with Hill this year.

Can that man get any more blah?  If he rolls with two yard Jeremy just 'cause....he should be fired week 1.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 05:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Can that man get any more blah?  If he rolls with two yard Jeremy just 'cause....he should be fired week 1.

Damn rights Wyche, this shit is getting ridiculous. Play the best damn player damn it. Whatever
Reply/Quote
My expectations are high. I Love the Bengals. I've had a shitty year. Going through a divorce and having to sell the house. The ex got the dogs too. But things are looking up. We are under contract for the house. Gonna walk away with some money and I have freedom to go see whatever games I want. So planning on going to the at Pittsburgh game then Indy at home. I live in Colorado so i will be seeing them out here too. It's going to be an exciting season. Everyone is predicting a bad year, and it seems like that bodes well for this team most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 10:17 PM)fullonbehavior Wrote: My expectations are high.  I Love the Bengals.  I've had a shitty year.  Going through a divorce and having to sell the house. The ex got the dogs too. But things are looking up.  We are under contract for the house.  Gonna walk away with some money and I have freedom to go see whatever games I want.  So planning on going to the at Pittsburgh game then Indy at home.  I live in Colorado so i will be seeing them out here too.  It's going to be an exciting season.  Everyone is predicting a bad year, and it seems like that bodes well for this team most of the time.

Women. Mellow

Hey, you got football man and i am with you with my expectations atleast in the Regular season.

We should be one of the toughest teams to play this year in the Regular season.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 05:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Can that man get any more blah?  If he rolls with two yard Jeremy just 'cause....he should be fired week 1.

IF Bernard is healthy...I could see Hill and Bernard getting the bulk of the snaps with Mixon getting 3-5 carries a game. They'll talk about how he doesn't pass block or something.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 01:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Bernard is healthy...I could see Hill and Bernard getting the bulk of the snaps with Mixon getting 3-5 carries a game. They'll talk about how he doesn't pass block or something.

No way Pistons, this would pizz me off so bad.

Hill has been bad at pass blocking in the past so i don't see this happening as Mixon is a good pass blocker.

This is the main reason i expect Mixon to be getting a lot of snaps as a rookie.
Reply/Quote