Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temperature in LA: Hot and more hot
(02-09-2022, 12:05 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I've never been in SoFi and don't know much about it, but based on my experiences living in CA and CO, dry air is easier to manipulate into feeling cooler by moving it around.  Sit under an umbrella in Ohio in the summer and it still feels miserable.  Sit under an umbrella in the summer out west and it feels cooler.  Add a little moving air (breeze or fan) and it's pretty bearable, sometimes even too cool.  Of course there's an upper limit to this, and Phoenix is still hot as hell in the summer shade or moving air not mattering.  

I guess it's possible the players will be battling heat stroke on the field, but seems unlikely it'll be that uncomfortable or that the Rams will have any advantage.  

That makes sense. I was focusing on the "heat advisory" and the fact that the temperature is expected to approach the record of 90 set in 1985. But I've always lived in high-humidity regions and it is supposed to be low humidity. 

I've seen enough responses now, like yours and the report about the stadium structure, that, even lacking air conditioning and being considered an open stadium, I'm comforted the heat will not an excessively negative factor in the game.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if the heat will be a factor or not given the Bengals have been playing in fairly cold weather over the last few months. I honestly don't think it will be. Sunset in LA will be around 5:30 PST (8:30 EST) which should be about half time. If there is anything I've noticed this year the Bengals are a second half team. So maybe if heat is a factor a possibly cooler second half will be more favorable. I personally hope going into half time the Bengals are up enough points where I can chill and watch them coast to a win. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote