Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary Cleveland and Buffalo Fans?
Maybe it's the fact that I'm sitting here waiting on a routine blood test after fasting for fifteen hours but I'm wondering if those of us in Bengaldom should -- temporarily of course -- become Browns fans this weekend and Bills fans next weekend.

The bye week falls after Week Five and if the Front Office wants to make another big coaching move, the bye week is the perfect time to do so. If the Bengals go 0-5 I can see this happening especially given Mike Brown's disappointment detailed in another thread.

Here's my question: Should we root for the Browns and the Bills in hope Cincinnati starts out 0-5 and it might spell the end of the road for some of the Bengals' inept coaches?

Such a move might tank the season even more than it has been already tanked but it's not too soon to prepare for 2018.

Or should we root for Cincinnati to win both games, climb to 2-3, and hope for more wins during the current season even if it means keeping inept coaches on staff?

I'll be honest: I'm torn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eat something. It's a valid thought and I totally understand it. I can't root for someone else against the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Eat something. It's a valid thought and I totally understand it. I can't root for someone else against the Bengals.

My blood draw is done; I just ate a foot long veggie sub with spicy mustard on Italian from Subway with a Coke Life to drink.

I'm still torn. I honestly don't think I can pull for another team against Cincinnati even if it helps the Bengals long term.
Reply/Quote
No.  I will not root against my team.  That's not what true fans do.  Maybe we just rename you "Not a fan_in_kettering".
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Personally I like having low expectations. Then when we win... surprised and happy.

Contrast that to past years where I'd get my hopes up for playoff games and primetime games only to see the team play flat and lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Eat something. It's a valid thought and I totally understand it. I can't root for someone else against the Bengals.

I would NEVER root for anyone to beat my bengals,however they will cause their own demise ;I am sure.We do not need to help them.The browns are a good team and will be super hard to beat at their house,that place is going to be nuts.I do believe marvin has already made up his mind to hang it up.He is just not head coaching material.Its very hard to be a head coach I am sure and only a few make the grade.You must in my opinion be much tougher on his coaches and certain players,like adam jones and number 27 who I would have never given another contract.Dude is horrible,number 21 stinks,number 26 stinks,number 70 stinks for sure,tyler eifert is a bust,jonh ross so far is a bust,I told everyone little guys get killed in the nfl and so far he is ALWAYS hurt.stinks big time. I predict Dalton will get sacked 6 times.they are coming after him,and we will not have a running game,its going to be UGLY.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No.  I will not root against my team.  That's not what true fans do.  Maybe we just rename you "Not a fan_in_kettering".

My lunch is starting to take effect. I think you're right.
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin is gone after this season anyways. There's a reason why he didn't get another contract. I want the Bengals to win as many games as they can, which probably won't be very many this year considering our OL.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe it's the fact that I'm sitting here waiting on a routine blood test after fasting for fifteen hours but I'm wondering if those of us in Bengaldom should -- temporarily of course -- become Browns fans this weekend and Bills fans next weekend.  

The bye week falls after Week Five and if the Front Office wants to make another big coaching move, the bye week is the perfect time to do so.  If the Bengals go 0-5 I can see this happening especially given Mike Brown's disappointment detailed in another thread.

Here's my question: Should we root for the Browns and the Bills in hope Cincinnati starts out 0-5 and it might spell the end of the road for some of the Bengals' inept coaches?  

Such a move might tank the season even more than it has been already tanked but it's not too soon to prepare for 2018.

Or should we root for Cincinnati to win both games, climb to 2-3, and hope for more wins during the current season even if it means keeping inept coaches on staff?

I'll be honest:  I'm torn.

I could never root for my team to lose. As such, I just don't plan on watching the game on Sunday. I may put the RedZone  channel on, but most likely I'll just play video games or play naked WWE with the wife and check out the score and high/low-lights later.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe it's the fact that I'm sitting here waiting on a routine blood test after fasting for fifteen hours but I'm wondering if those of us in Bengaldom should -- temporarily of course -- become Browns fans this weekend and Bills fans next weekend.  

The bye week falls after Week Five and if the Front Office wants to make another big coaching move, the bye week is the perfect time to do so.  If the Bengals go 0-5 I can see this happening especially given Mike Brown's disappointment detailed in another thread.

You can root for Cleveland this week if you want.  I'm rooting for The Bengals.  I am NOT looking at the draft in September.  I know Bengals Fans fell into that losing mode under Mike Brown after Paul Brown died, but I refuse to.  Plus I hate to point it out again but Mike has less scouts than any NFL team so our drafts are not that great anyway. How did you like us drafting the kicker too high and cutting him before he ever plays a game, and in week 3 he kicks game winning 61 yard field goal for another team.  Just one of the many reasons I'm not looking ahead to the draft by Mike Brown in September.  I'm rooting for Bengals to WIN this weekend. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ive actually been a closet Browns fan for a few years now. Not because I want them to win because I like them, but only because the division and the NFL would be more fun to watch because of them and other typical lowly teams being better.

For this weekend, though, the main reason I hope the Bengals win is because I wont have to hear about it at work from a couple of Browns fans and also sister in law.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My blood draw is done; I just ate a foot long veggie sub with spicy mustard on Italian from Subway with a Coke Life to drink.

I'm still torn.  I honestly don't think I can pull for another team against Cincinnati even if it helps the Bengals long term.

I'm torn on if that's even real food or not. It's not a 50/50 tear, though.. more like a 80/20 tear, with 80% saying "F no".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

No, they deserve the chance to turn it around.  Two wins and you could be one game behind pitt.  Baltiwhore isn't going anywhere and the Browns were mathematically eliminated when they won four preseason games. 

If we get to that point, and beat pitt twice, no one will give a shit about the first three games of the season. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm torn on if that's even real food or not. It's not a 50/50 tear, though.. more like a 80/20 tear, with 80% saying "F no".

He clearly said "from Subway."

It's not real food.

Glad to be of some help. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Let me just say I want ML and PA gone very badly !
Reply/Quote

NO. No way. I want the Bengals to be 2-3 after these two games. I know the concept of losing or even tanking isn't that far away for an american sports mind, given no one relegates and doing poorly actually gets rewarded with a high draft pick. A concept I still consider fundamentally flawed, for the exact reason that it makes people want their team to lose. This is weird. I refuse to want my team to lose.

The idea that the players might want or even should play against their coaches, or that they honestly just flop and it's a good thing if they do doesn't compute with me. I root for my team to win, I root for the coaching getting stuff fixed and for Lazor to be a progidy. And if they don't and it only gets worse in the next games, I won't be happy about it. Why should I hope for something that makes me unhappy? 

For a mid-season coaching change for a 0-5 team? What would that accomplish, really. No playoffs this season, and what a second bad season would do to the players isn't worth the chance the new coaches do way better with guys like Ogbuehi. I still hope for a decent season, and as long as it's somewhat possible I still root for the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.
Reply/Quote

'Specially the Browns.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I’m rooting for the Bengals to lose every game until Marv is gone. It’s called tough love.
Reply/Quote
Even though it's clear I can't stand the sight of Marvin Lewis' face I still have to root for the Bengals. There are only 16 games per year. They're valuable in that we only get so many of them while the earth is spinning our breathing bodies round and round. I'll take any win possible, ever.
Reply/Quote
Nah, I can't do it.

Now if there was a 100%, guaranteed, no-question-about certainty that it would get Marvin out of here at the BYE then I'd be all for it. But... There's not. I'll be cheering for them to win like always. Although I believe the season is pretty much already over and that Marv is as good as gone come January. Whether he's gone at the bye or not, it won't make much of a difference. He's a goner... Plus there'd be more HC options for us to consider in the offseason
Reply/Quote