Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary Cleveland and Buffalo Fans?
When win this weekend and we are one game out of 2nd place. The only way I could possibly root for a loss is if Mikey said he was going to make me HC if we lost to the Browns.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 08:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When win this weekend and we are one game out of 2nd place. The only way I could possibly root for a loss is if Mikey said he was going to make me HC if we lost to the Browns.

Is take you over Marv in a heartbeat  Mellow
Reply/Quote
**** the Browns and every idiot Browns fan everywhere. All day, every day.

I can live with 2-14 provided those two wins come against those shitstains.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:  I can't root for someone else against the Bengals.

This.

I'll watch the games with apathy that should be reserved for some guy named Joe, that i don't know, in Montana, and i'll do it mostly while i'm focused on some other project around the house. When it's over, if they lose, i'll just smirk and remind myself that it doesn't matter if they suck harder and Super Marvio loses his job, because Mike Brown will still be the guy in charge. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Root, root rooting for the home team.

Plus think the HC switch should be at the seasons end.

But a PA dismissal is welcome anytime.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe it's the fact that I'm sitting here waiting on a routine blood test after fasting for fifteen hours but I'm wondering if those of us in Bengaldom should -- temporarily of course -- become Browns fans this weekend and Bills fans next weekend.  

The bye week falls after Week Five and if the Front Office wants to make another big coaching move, the bye week is the perfect time to do so.  If the Bengals go 0-5 I can see this happening especially given Mike Brown's disappointment detailed in another thread.

Here's my question: Should we root for the Browns and the Bills in hope Cincinnati starts out 0-5 and it might spell the end of the road for some of the Bengals' inept coaches?  

Such a move might tank the season even more than it has been already tanked but it's not too soon to prepare for 2018.

Or should we root for Cincinnati to win both games, climb to 2-3, and hope for more wins during the current season even if it means keeping inept coaches on staff?

I'll be honest:  I'm torn.

Have a snickers you are not yourself today. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 07:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m rooting for the Bengals to lose every game until Marv is gone. It’s called tough love.

You must fit in nicely with all the other Dawgs in the Dawg Pound.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I could never root for my team to lose. As such, I just don't plan on watching the game on Sunday. I may put the RedZone  channel on, but most likely I'll just play video games or play naked WWE with the wife and check out the score and high/low-lights later.

If you ever need a tag team partner...........
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No.  I will not root against my team.  That's not what true fans do.  Maybe we just rename you "Not a fan_in_kettering".

But shouldn't a true fan want what's best for the team, regardless of their personal feelings about an October game against a dreadful team?

Maybe we should just rename you "BengalHate62".  Ninja

In all seriousness, I hope we get a win against the Browns just to cheer everyone up a bit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My blood draw is done; I just ate a foot long veggie sub with spicy mustard on Italian from Subway with a Coke Life to drink.

I'm still torn.  I honestly don't think I can pull for another team against Cincinnati even if it helps the Bengals long term.

See? That's the problem right there. Coaching changes never happen after digesting any product by the name of Coke Life.. Now had you tried Coke Lite it may have been a whole different story, but you can't unring the bell. 
Well that and the fact that I haven't been fishing all season so far..

What you should have done is gone to a Brazilian steak house and enjoy their patented meat orgy and get over meated. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Wait, I thought that only TRUE fans go out of their respective ways to spend every last dime on team apparel even if it means letting your own children go hungry! If your children aren't starving in the agony of neglect and deprivation so you can have your own personal Bengals man cave you're just not a true fan.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote