Ja'Marr Chase
DJ Reeder
Logan Wilson
Evan McPhearson
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee Game Game Ball (playoff edition)
(01-22-2022, 09:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Da kicker

But huge shout out to Joe Burrow for getting sacked a dozen times and still getting it done.

This as well. That last pass to Chase was just clutch, no two ways about it!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 09:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: What am I thinking. We were supposed to get pushed around all game by their OL and stud backs. Reader pushed the interior constantly and made a street pickup look good. When you consider how many stops we made and the tone that man set, Evan isn't a factor is Reader isn't. No offense, they should all get game balls but man Reader if you're a Bengals Board reader you're the dude tonight.

Yes. Reader won’t get enough love but he was a game changer against a BEAST.

Evan
Reader
& the D

All get game balls
Reply/Quote
I like watching these talking heads trying to explain how they weren't wrong by picking the Titans. F U Bill Cowher and Boomer hits with a Who Dey
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Defense needs to be an option
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
How do you not give it to McPherson.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Special teams.

Evan was his usual great self but special teams in general were pretty damn good across the board.

Some nice returns and the holder and long snapper are unsung heros. Those guys are off just a little and Evans doesn't even get off a kick possibly.

I have my vote to Evans but they all deserve some respect.
Reply/Quote
MONEY ***** MAC
Reply/Quote
Without knowing, I went with Money Mac as well. I wanted to say Burrow, but McPherson hitting all 4 of his FG attempts including 2 from over 50 yards is just amazing. I am beyond pumped!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 09:58 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Defense needs to be an option

The Bengal Board Game Ball does not go to:

Coaches

Player groups

Reply/Quote
Defense... without the defense McP's FG would be meaningless. The Titans were on their way for the winning FG, Logan got the INT and down the field we go for the winning FG. Had McP missed, it would only be OT, not even game over. honorable mention: McP.

Dont forget the D is beat up and played better than the entire offense, 9 sacks.

PS. How could I forget, they even made Henry none issue and took care of their TE, Julio Jones.
Reply/Quote
I went w Money Mac. That kid just had ice in his veins today. All of his kicks were no doubters.

I could just have easily given it to “other” as the defense, as a whole, were the MVPs. Holding Henry to 3 point something per carry, plus forcing 3 turnovers was HUGE.
Reply/Quote
I went with MacPherson but Anarumo has to be an honorable mention.
Reply/Quote
Voted for Evan but Reader is right there, too.

Also shout out to Flowers who had some nice tackles on punt coverage.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:01 PM)motoarch Wrote: Special teams.

Evan was his usual great self but special teams in general were pretty damn good across the board.

Some nice returns and the holder and long snapper are unsung heros.  Those guys are off just a little and Evans doesn't even get off a kick possibly.

I have my vote to Evans but they all deserve some respect.

and Trey Flowers with some great tackles holding their returns to nothing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:05 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Voted for Evan but Reader is right there, too.

Also shout out to Flowers who had some nice tackles on punt coverage.

Flowers have turned into our Nickle LB 

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like watching these talking heads trying to explain how they weren't wrong by picking the Titans. F U Bill Cowher and Boomer hits with a Who Dey

I don't take it personally.  We have approximately 3 more weeks to be sneaky underdogs and cry that no one believes in us and that's it.  We're going to be SB favorites next year regardless of how the rest of this one plays out, and if/when we are the 1st seed in the AFC we're going to have the experts flocking to pick us.

Burrow is a 1st overall pick and he is in the AFC Championship game at least in his first full year of starting at QB.  I can easily see everyone deciding that they "totally always liked the Bengals 2nd best" like people flocked to pretend they gave a damn about the Seahawks in 2013.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 09:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The pick was Burrow's fault, not Perine's. 

Unpopular take. What’s your reasoning for it? It bounced off perine’s hands.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 09:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: What am I thinking.  We were supposed to get pushed around all game by their OL and stud backs.  Reader pushed the interior constantly and made a street pickup look good.  When you consider how many stops we made and the tone that man set, Evan isn't a factor is Reader isn't.  No offense, they should all get game balls but man Reader if you're a Bengals Board reader you're the dude tonight.

I agree, Reader is a serious shout for game ball today. The Titans are all about running the ball, and beating you with play action. The number of times Reader was disrupting a Henry run.... he was a major difference between us being caught flat-footed by the Henry threat, and us largely keeping the Titans in check.

Money Mac... game winner. 54 yarder on the road in the playoffs. Rookie btw. Unbelievable poise.

Defence played lights out. The fact Burrow has 300+ yards despite NINE sacks and no serious running game.... is insane. But it wouldn't have won had the defence not played incredible. Tannehill had 3 big plays to AJ Brown... those aside, they gave up nothing all night.
Reply/Quote
Now THIS was the easiest poll of the season! Thought Evan would win us games this year, I thought he'd also win us playoff games but already? No, wasn't sure about that. Raises go in this order: Burrow, Chase, Evan.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:06 PM)pally Wrote: and Trey Flowers with some great tackles holding their returns to nothing

Other than that one penalty he was awesome.
Reply/Quote