Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee lawmakers know how to fix the same sex marriage "problem"
(09-20-2015, 12:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Doesn't bother me in the slightest.  But it obviously bothers some county officials, pizza places, bakers, photographers, event organizers.  

To say no one should he bothered about this because we aren't bothered, is narrow minded.

You know who is bothered by homosexuality?  Muslims.  Are we a nation of freedom or MUSLIMS?!!!!!?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-20-2015, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You know who is bothered by homosexuality?  Muslims.  Are we a nation of freedom or MUSLIMS?!!!!!?

[Image: farrakhan-right-hand-man-16x9.jpg]
(09-20-2015, 01:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Your sentence does not make sense.

List your grievances and I will follow up after the game.
(09-20-2015, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You know who is bothered by homosexuality?  Muslims.  Are we a nation of freedom or MUSLIMS?!!!!!?

Yet there are loads of people who defend their behavior.  
(09-19-2015, 03:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's not just SSM.  There are loads of people who know that this government tramples on our rights.   It's bigger than a petty SSM debate.   This was never about SSM, it was about personal freedom.  

They will say yes,  freedom of the SSM crew.  But to give them their freedoms they trample on someone else's.   The only real solution in all of this is to get rid of government marriage all together.   Then everyone has their freedoms restored.

It's insane that you think that giving Americans rights and civil liberties is somehow "the government trampling on our rights".

Is this real life?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(09-20-2015, 02:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: List your grievances and I will follow up after the game.

I thought I made it clear. Explain how the legalization of SSM denies anyone any freedom. The rest of that post was primarily debunking previously mentioned occurrences.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-20-2015, 02:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yet there are loads of people who defend their behavior.  

Yep, America is wacky.  You have Conservatives who agree with Muslims who act like they are totally insane, and Liberals who disagree with them who defend them from the people that agree with them.  Me?  I think everyone is a certain amount of stupid.

Muslims have established countries where religion rules, homosexuality and abortion are illegal AND gun control is non-existent and Conservatives haven't emigrated there in droves for some reason.  What a world!
(09-20-2015, 02:23 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's insane that you think that giving Americans rights and civil liberties is somehow "the government trampling on our rights".

Is this real life?

I think that government marriage is the problem.
The government is what limits our choices, no gov marriage means anyone can marry whatever sex they wish. The fact that gov mandates any marriage just forces others to participate in some fashion, whether it's a baker, pizza shop, or even a clerk. All these issues go away if we drop all gov marriage. Just let those who want to be involved take part . There should be no mandates from the gov.
(09-20-2015, 03:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I thought I made it clear. Explain how the legalization of SSM denies anyone any freedom. The rest of that post was primarily debunking previously mentioned occurrences.

I have never had an issue with SSM. There are times that people are forced to participate. That's what I have issue with and there is only forced participation. Somehow we think we need the govs permission to marry who we love. We don't .... Just marry who you wish and if you need legal protection then write a contract.

When the gov is involved they choose what we can and can not do... That should never be the case. A gov marriage doesn't give you anything more than a contract would give.
(09-21-2015, 01:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have never had an issue with SSM. There are times that people are forced to participate. That's what I have issue with and there is only forced participation. Somehow we think we need the govs permission to marry who we love. We don't .... Just marry who you wish and if you need legal protection then write a contract.

When the gov is involved they choose what we can and can not do... That should never be the case. A gov marriage doesn't give you anything more than a contract would give.

So, you've got nothing?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-21-2015, 01:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, you've got nothing?

Gov mandating is taking away our freedom to not participate.
(09-21-2015, 01:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Gov mandating is taking away our freedom to not participate.

No, you took away your freedom to not participate.  I know people who aren't married because they have issues with the system itself and don't feel the government-granted benefits are worth falling in line with a somewhat forced flawed system.

No one forced you to get a government-sanctioned marriage, but I'd wager you did it for some reason you see as being "worth" being the government's biotch.
(09-19-2015, 03:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are you positive you want that?  There will be more of them than you.

As much as I would love to see the majority of the states south of the Mason-Dixon go (specifically the south-east) they could never get off the financial assistance from the Federal Government (thanks to all the taxable income and profitability made in the northern states). They depend and live on it. 
(09-21-2015, 02:05 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: As much as I would love to see the majority of the states south of the Mason-Dixon go (specifically the south-east) they could never get off the financial assistance from the Federal Government thanks to all the taxable income and profitability made in the northern states. They depend and live on it. 

I'd like to see how these red states are going to foot the bill for all the natural disasters and Alabama "disability" cases.  I guess they'll just cut taxes and then magic will happen.
(09-21-2015, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Muslims have established countries where religion rules, homosexuality and abortion are illegal AND gun control is non-existent and Conservatives haven't emigrated there in droves for some reason.  What a world!

Yet the ones caught leaving here trying to join ISIS were young snot nosed liberals.  Yes, those American hating Islamist apologists.

One of my favorite quotes:
Here the country had finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism and they don’t want to fight it. They would have, except it would put them on the same side as the United States.

Its a wonder why liberals haven't gone there in droves.
You know why...because America is the greatest country on the planet, something liberals like you would never admit to because it's not PC,  right?
(09-21-2015, 02:34 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: Yet the ones caught leaving here trying to join ISIS were young snot nosed liberals.  Yes, those American hating Islamist apologists.

One of my favorite quotes:
Here the country had finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism and they don’t want to fight it. They would have, except it would put them on the same side as the United States.

Its a wonder why liberals haven't gone there in droves.
You know why...because America is the greatest country on the planet, something liberals like you would never admit to because it's not PC,  right?

Why am I here to defend liberals?  I don't care if you use your last dying breath cursing liberalism, honestly.
(09-21-2015, 01:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Gov mandating is taking away our freedom to not participate.

Why did you get legally married?

Government mandating what? My question to you was how does legalizing SSM infringe on anyone's freedoms? Do you have any evidence to show that it does?

You also stated that with the government involved in marriage, they choose what we can and cannot do. Can you expand on that? How does the government's acceptance of my marriage in any way change that I may or may not be married to anyone/anything in my eyes and/or the eyes of a deity, organization, social group, etc.?

[Image: beavis-and-butt-head.jpg]

Hu-hu. Hu-hu.  He said "man dating".

The government is mandating that you have a gay marriage? Or are you complaining about laws that prevent business owners from discriminating against customers and don't actually force you to participate in anything? Laws that only apply when you choose to run a business. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]